Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I could see Moses going to Smethwick. With Clarke there they will be happy to be an unofficial feeder club for Chelsea.

A front three of Sinclair-Vydra-Moses doesn't sound too bad to be fair though.

Edited by Isa

Pretty sure N'zogbia isn't as much of a "bomber" as the rest. When he got injured Lambert was quoted saying "He'll get his head down and get himself fit again and he'll have plenty of support in doing so". Pretty sure the number is just due to it being a fairly long term injury so Lambert has given it to someone else. I'm convinced if he hadn't gotten injured Weimann would have no. 9.

Bony went for £12m to put it in context. Fischer would be at least £20m in my opinion. I think Eriksen will leave Ajax this window, so they won't be in any rush to let Fischer go as well. 

I'll be a bit disappointed if we don't sign anyone else to be honest. We haven't spent a lot this window compared to other clubs and with Bent gone, it should allow us to sign someone. I know that spending more money doesn't always mean better signings, but Lambert's most expensive signing is also by far his best. So I'd like to see him spend 6-10m on another player.

Edited by PieFacE

I wouldn't be so sure. Unlike us a few years ago, they are signing players good enough for the top 4. Also unlike us, they have a progressive manager with good knowledge of the continental markets. I don't see why they couldn't be at a similar level to where Spurs are now in a few years if they continue with this level of investment.

They've yet to sign a single player good enough for the top 4.

Fwiw, we have at least one.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

De Bruyne.

Now I know what everyone is going to say, and I almost entirely agree but hear me out.

If Mata doesn't leave he is, at worst, a great option to come off of the bench even if he isn't favoured as an automatic starter by Mourinho. (Crazy if they sell him though) Hazard is one of the best young players in the world and is, without doubt an automatic starter. Oscar too is a great young player and already has proven to be a superb asset to a premier league team and is probably more highly rated than De Bruyne. Schurrle was bought under Mourinho so is obviously going to be expecting a lot of game time. Huge speculation they are also bringing in Willian, again would be a buy from under Mourinho, again plays in the same position as De Bruyne. It would seem as though Moses would be off for sure, but he may want to stay and they may want to keep him to help out with their homegrown quota, but I concede he is most likely to leave.

De Bruyne has been farmed out on loan a lot already and has already played with Benteke. Theres certainly room in that squad for De Bruyne to get a decent run out as they play with 3 attacking midfielders and obviously theres a lot of competitions that Chelsea play in but there is always a risk that with 5 other players who are either more highly rated and/or bought by the current manager that he could find himself down the pecking order, I dont particularly think he will, he's an outstanding talent. But it would be a stupendous piece of business as either an all out purchase (which is extremely unlikely) or even on loan [which i dont very much like] if we are struggling to find an AM at the right price (which is possible with failed enquiries for Belhanda, Kiyotake, and everyone else).

Weimann   De Bruyne  Gabby

Benteke

Yum.

Edited by HalfTimePost