Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

What foot is Shawcross best with ?

25, decent idea

In keeping with most of the Stoke playing staff, Shawdross isn't adept at using his feet to propel the ball unless it needs to travel in excess of 50 yards. He is better using his head although I would suspect he could quite easily make the transition to the ball game where the players pick up the ball and run towards the other end of the pitch.

I hope we are adopting a different footballing philosophy to that practiced in Stoke.

I'd happily settle for a central defender who just defends personally. The last thing we want is another one that wanders off up the pitch forgetting what his job is

If we were going for a defender we should go for one who can defend and do something with the ball. Herd kept hoofing it during pre-season and it was annoying me. Losing the ball invites pressure. 

Bring Lestienne !!

lol .. many players we get linked with them are exciting ! The more unknown by us .. The more excited we get !!

I didn't know either Kiyotake , this guy , Viktor nor the Leicester french player ! Anyone of them would give us something special !

Helenius's agent was asked by someone on twitter whether that tweet a while ago by Helenius, where he said a friend was coming and the friend might like Villa, referred to Viktor Vischer. Helenius's original tweet was very suggestive, and it has since got deleted. The agent said "It was just a friend".

Today, Helenius's agent responded to the question by saying Helenius doesn't even know Fischer. I say bullshit! They were sitting next to each other on the 14th November 2012 on the bench for Denmark: http://ie.soccerway.com/matches/2012/11/14/world/friendlies/turkey/denmark/1405191/

Interesting. The agent is being misleading. Helenius was definitely suggesting something. KKfootball always seemed one of the reliable sources imo. And a while ago there was a rumour of a mystery player from Holland we had not yet been linked with.

Edited by praisedmambo

Helenius's agent was asked by someone on twitter whether that tweet a while ago by Helenius, where he said a friend was coming and the friend might like Villa, referred to Viktor Vischer. Helenius's original tweet was very suggestive, and it has since got deleted. The agent said "It was just a friend".

Today, Helenius's agent responded to the question by saying Helenius doesn't even know Fischer. I say bullshit! They were sitting next to each other on the 14th November 2012 on the bench for Denmark: http://ie.soccerway.com/matches/2012/11/14/world/friendlies/turkey/denmark/1405191/

Interesting. The agent is being misleading. Helenius was definitely suggesting something. KKfootball always seemed one of the reliable sources imo. And a while ago there was a rumour of a mystery player from Holland we had not yet been linked with.

Good enough for me. Is Fischer a 'in the hole' type player?

Bigger chance of Wijnaldum to be honest, seems more likely. Hoping we hear something more concrete soon.

And I doubt Fischer is the thing, he turned 19 two months ago. Ajax probably wants to keep him for at least 2-3 years more. If it does happen, then we must have been very convincing.

Interesting! I like this kind of sleuthing.

Would still love see Alfred Finnbogason here! top scorer in Eredivisie available for around 5mil and can play as attacking midfielder as well as a striker... Gives us options!! We was watching him last season when he got 24 and was behind Bony in top scorers table!!

Has 4 already in 2 games i think!!

Two for the price of one - A striker that can play as an AM as well.

Already banging them in for fun too it appears & only behind Bony in the scoring charts last season, a Wilfried Bony I might add who looked well impressive for Swansea versus Man U over the weekend.

Finnbogason sounds like he has all the right ingredients to me.

Please sigh him up Lambo before someone beats us to it.

Shawcross would be a decent signing IMO.An older head in a key position is far more realistic than fielding 2 kids.I'm not a massive fan of Vlaar and whilst I am loving the way Lambert is building such an adventurous young side,the occasional experienced player will add to the blend-Especially in the centre of defence.

For me personaly,Shawcross is more reliable than Vlaar so I would consider it to be a signing that strengthens the team further if it happened-The icing on the cake would be to throw Ireland in as part of the deal.We've bought exceptionaly cheaply all summer-£6/7 million + Ireland would do for me.

Can't see it happening though as I think Lambert will stick with his policy of signing young players-If he wasn't interested in signing experience back in January when we were crying out for it,I can't see him wishing to now.

Fischer surely would never happen... would be one of the coups of the century if so with him being one of Ajax's best and brightest.