Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Hope this result highlights our need for another defender and a proper Attacking Midfielder - we've been creatively awful tonight!

Its only a friendly i know, but we had 21 shots tonight off target and 5 on target. At times i thought we were wasteful last season bar Bentekke. Really hope this improves as well as a comanding CB

And vlaar or okore get injured? Especially vlaar. We need another cb

I know people will go crazy with me on here but i dont think Vlaar is good defensively. Yes he is a likeable guy i agree but maybe we have to start looking beyond that

• Like 3

Well pre-season, regardless of the importance of the actual games, will give Lambert a good idea of what we need.

He's not stupid, but these preseason games, as well as being practice and fitness are also tests for some players.

I know people will go crazy with me on here but i dont think Vlaar is good defensively. Yes he is a likeable guy i agree but maybe we have to start looking beyond that

But who could we get and be better than him ?!

But who could we get and be better than him ?!

Havent got a clue, got to pay good money for good experienced CB these days.

Only position were Lamberts youth policy may hit a snag. When utd decided to bring in scholes, beckham, giggs et all they stuck to the old exprienced CBs Bruce and Pallister.

I mind hearing somewhere Lambert was far from impressed with Vlaars performances last season

I think the defence still sucks i have to say... We have played some pretty poor teams in pre season & failed to keep a single clean sheet. That sets the alarm bells ringing for me & i fear for us in those first few games. We need to sort it out & quickly.

We played a conference team tonight & could have conceded 3 or 4 easily... Awful

I would eventually like to see us field the following back 4 - Luna, Okore, Vlaar, Lowton

That's what I would consider our strongest defensive line up.

We've had several matches, where we've played different line-ups for limited time. PL is trying to build partnerships between all players and communication and understanding between players will take more time than either 30, 45 or 60 minutes playing time in preseason.

The only defensive position I can see us strengthening is RB cover for Lowton.

The 21 shots off target appears to be mostly from a few potshots. The likes of Carruthers, Burke, Gardner etc just desperate to get on the scoresheet in preseason is all in the hopes of keeping their place. I don't think it's something to worry about.

Besides 14 months ago we were lucky to have 5 shots in a game AT ALL let alone just 5 on target. So i'll just take it as progress :P

I said it back in January and I said it a few weeks ago on this thread but I will say it again....

Ryan Shawcross.

6'3", 25 years old, lives down the road, prem experience, currently on 30k, nuff said.

He'd have to stay on 30k to fit in our wage budget.

I said it back in January and I said it a few weeks ago on this thread but I will say it again....

Ryan Shawcross.

6'3", 25 years old, lives down the road, prem experience, currently on 30k, nuff said.

On football manager I'd agree, but this is real life man. We already got 4 central defenders anyway. Stoke would want well over £10 million and he would want double the £30k you say he on which I don't believe as I reckon he be on more then that. He would go to a bigger club then villa also. Edited by donnie