Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Lambert has made it quite obvious by his own actions that the members of 'The Bomb Squad' are no longer going to be used. They are in fact dead to AVFC so why must we move them on before can invest in the squad again?

The obvious answer is wages of course but have we not brought the wage structure down enough to allow Lambert to purchase what is needed and to integrate those signings into the team before the start of the new season.

Our expenditure has still been relatively low in this window with at least the possible sale of Bent to come to off set that expenditure further.

Since seemingly we are not going to use the members of the 'Bomb Squad' again and we fail to move them on while not further adding to our squad, we could start the new campaign very much under strength.

We were losing £50million a year. Even with a reduction in wages over the last couple of years this is evidently still a factor, judging by the fact we have to move the bomb squad on before further investment. It's not rocket science. It's not very complicated at all.

its Bomb science.lol

A bit surprised mark Hughes hasn't moved for Ireland - he got the best out of him during his time at city and stoke would be be perfect match for him in many ways .

...are you in sales?

• Like 1

A bit surprised mark Hughes hasn't moved for Ireland - he got the best out of him during his time at city and stoke would be be perfect match for him in many ways .

...are you in sales?

Indeed ;) , how did you guess?

Japanese translators - what does this mean...

お疲れ様です! 怪我などに気を付けてくださいm(_ _)m 来年のW杯での、香川、乾、清武の 三羽烏の活躍を期待しています( ̄▽ ̄)

We return to training.

The cherry blossom has departed.

Soon, so will I.

Close, but two syllables too many.

I was hoping no-one could be arsed to count. :(

Lambert has made it quite obvious by his own actions that the members of 'The Bomb Squad' are no longer going to be used. They are in fact dead to AVFC so why must we move them on before can invest in the squad again?

The obvious answer is wages of course but have we not brought the wage structure down enough to allow Lambert to purchase what is needed and to integrate those signings into the team before the start of the new season.

Our expenditure has still been relatively low in this window with at least the possible sale of Bent to come to off set that expenditure further.

Since seemingly we are not going to use the members of the 'Bomb Squad' again and we fail to move them on while not further adding to our squad, we could start the new campaign very much under strength.  

We were losing £50million a year. Even with a reduction in wages over the last couple of years this is evidently still a factor, judging by the fact we have to move the bomb squad on before further investment. It's not rocket science. It's not very complicated at all. 

What if we can't move them on though?

Bent will go if our valuation is met but the others have major question marks against them. I'm more than a little concerned if our remaining transfer policy is based on moving Given, Ireland and Bannan?

I think the signings already made will be a decent improvement on the likes of bannan and Ireland , i wouldn't be too concerned if we went into the season with the squad we have now but of course it would be nice to shift the deadwood and bring in maybe one or two more .

Either way i think we have much better options on the bench this season than last and more strength in depth.

We return to training.

The cherry blossom has departed.

Soon, so will I.

Close, but two syllables too many.

I was hoping no-one could be arsed to count. :(

97c02362dec1f53ce82b7f0a6af91b1216b1c4b9

What if we can't move them on though?

Bent will go if our valuation is met but the others have major question marks against them. I'm more than a little concerned if our remaining transfer policy is based on moving Given, Ireland and Bannan?

Money doesn't grow on trees and all that. We will move Bent on, and Hutton is on his way. Someone will at least take Bannan on loan, and with that we'd get that AM that Lambert apparently wants. We have a stronger squad now than last season anyway. We have Sylla, Bacuna, Gardner, a rejuvenated Delph, in CM in comparison to the first half of last season. That was the period we were in trouble. Then we have Tonev, Helanius, Okore, Luna, adding more options up front and in defence.

Edited by praisedmambo

I'm sure he looks back on that 6 match spell with wistful longing......and then remembers what a w**ker he was and thinks like most of us.....never has been/is/will be a footballer......mugged us all...

Re-'praisedmambo.'

You are assuming those new signings will acclimatise to the Premiership fairly quickly and Gardner will be an improvement on Bannan?

Numerically we seemingly are in a better position when everyones fit but my original post (under strength) also alluded to quality but we'll just have to wait and see how everything pans out.