Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Apparently there's quotes from Kiyotake, saying he's flattered by Villa's interest and doesn't know where he'll be playing next season (but, I'm only going off what tweeters have translated).

Can the Kiyotake thread be reopened?

It'd be nice to be talking about positive Kiyotake BS instead of negative Benteke BS.

• Like 3

Apparently there's quotes from Kiyotake, saying he's flattered by Villa's interest and doesn't know where he'll be playing next season (but, I'm only going off what tweeters have translated).

Can the Kiyotake thread be reopened?

It'd be nice to be talking about positive Kiyotake BS instead of negative Benteke BS.

yep it would be nice to concentrate on quality additions again. Kiyotake would definitely be one of those

Yea to be fair it was mostly about how we all thought Julie B was barking mad! 

and to be fair to us she was going psycho on the journo's 

Those quotes do sound promising though. Would love Kiyo at Villa. 

Edited by KjParton

Julie b tweeted the same stuff. it's all coming from a Japanese journo on twitter who is translating the quotes into English, however he also writes a lot in Japanese so requires google translating.

His name is Kuro or something, hold on let me have a look and see if I can find it:

@footballotaku8

But in an interview with journalists, it is sufficient for thank you, please, Hello and ciao. He seemed much more insight despite the courtesy not to want to give. It had happened a lot in the past few weeks, which was closely linked to his person. Almost to Kiyotake would also have to deal with a new language. After a long season, was clearly visible at the end of the 23-year battery has limited capacity, he traveled with the national team to the grueling Confederations Cup in Brazil. The prelude experienced "Kiyo" as a regular player, then he came up to Vorrundenaus only for short sessions. But even that should (eleven templates four goals) meet in conjunction with a good debut season at the club to attract the interest of Aston Villa on himself. Despite a ten-million offer from the English first division flashed with sporting director Martin Bader.

From a German website. (On Kiyotake)

http://www.nordbayern.de/nuernberger-zeitung/nz-sport/kiyotake-kehrt-mit-lacheln-zum-club-zuruck-1.3038745

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

On Villa, he basically said he was grateful for being held in high regard abroad and he doesn't know what will happen in the future, he is just concentrating on getting ready for the start of the season.

Are we really going to make any moves before we find out what is happening with CB?

I think we were always looking for a "number 10" I think this relies more on Given/Bent/Ireland/Hutton leaving. If or when Benteke leaves we will be looking to buy another striker.

Only problem I have with people using the argument that we have to shift players before we do anything, what happens if we can`t sell those? So we just drop getting a AM? Sounds unreasonable and stupid. Hope there is more too come.

Only problem I have with people using the argument that we have to shift players before we do anything, what happens if we can`t sell those? So we just drop getting a AM? Sounds unreasonable and stupid. Hope there is more too come.

would be good to at least move out a couple from Ireland, Given, Bent and Hutton. that way we can be more competetive on wages, both for a good number 10 and a good offer for a new contract for Benteke. Hopefully everyone is in his ear saying he should stay and score loads of goals, get to the WC and then move on wherever he likes...

Yeah but that should really have been obvious for quite some time. We need that playmaker regardless, someone who can dribble and give a good pass. 

It may be obvious but that doesn't mean teams want those players, or at least not as their first choices. We will want to at least recoup some money from these players and we can't expect to just give them away, especially when I'm sure we can command some sort of fee for the likes of Ireland. We got rid of Dunne and Holman, Given should hopefully complete his loan move away and Hutton looks set to sort his permanent move to Spain.

Just a matter of waiting really.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

I meant obvious in the sense that benteke should have known those things. But yes, you are right it`s easier said than done too shift these players, I just don`t think that should have any say in what Lambert does as his main priority is to build up the team, and have the funds to do so. Anyway, cant do more than wait

I meant obvious in the sense that benteke should have known those things. But yes, you are right it`s easier said than done too shift these players, I just don`t think that should have any say in what Lambert does as his main priority is to build up the team, and have the funds to do so. Anyway, cant do more than wait

I guess the problem is the amount of funds, Ireland, Bent and Given combined are on a figure over £200k a week, which is about £10m a year! Crazy stuff.

The transfer window is wide open and there is plenty off time to shift players and bring in new experienced players that won't take a long time settling into the PL. Lambert brought Benteke on the last day, ok he took a while to settle in but he pulled through as did Lowton and westwood as for the others, i'll let you be the judge on that one.

Media are going crazy at the moment with Rooney, Bale, Suarez and all the other high profile players because there is nothing else going on other than the great weather were having at the moment to talk about.

IMO. Two/three  more players will join Villa before Sept, A right back to cover lowton an AM and possibly a more experienced GK. If Benteke goes, he may plum to hold out till Jan to see how the other strikers perform before investing.