Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Helenius was Bents replacement! Benteke will be replaced. The club statement alluded to the fact that we will need time to sign a replacement. I don't like the idea of starting the season with an untried prospect up top on his own or with one of Zog or Albrighton on the right as for me this will really upset the system in place and put us close to square one. So pissed by this news as Benteke leaving is basically to worst single thing that could happen to villa bar Lambert leaving or going bankrupt.

Yeah, because that didn't work for us last season... ;)
It's not something you'd want to keep relying on though. It's a lot riskier to live or die by the "well it worked once with Benteke, therefore it'll work now too..." approach.
100% agree

If you keep gambling at some point you're going to lose.

Edited by Big_John_10

Damn, Swansea able to hold onto their best signing last season (Michu) and are able to strengthen adding another quality player in Bony to their side. 

Its glum to think they can do it and we can't...

Edited by KjParton

Damn, Swansea able to hold onto their best signing last season (Michu) and are able to strengthen adding another quality player in Bony to their side.

Now I'm not saying Michu will definitely leave, but it's a looong window. There's also a re-sale value issue with him. Buying a 27 year old whose stock is sky high is riskier because you might overpay and never get it back. It's a slightly different dynamic. And he's a much more limited player. There's a reason few teams are sniffing around him. Yes he scores goals and plenty of them but he does nothing else for the side. If he's not scoring, he's a passenger. I'll be interested to see how he copes in his second season. He doesn't have the pace and strength so he could get figured out.

I think part of that is that Michu started to not perform as well towards the end of the season, whereas Benteke just kept getting better.

Also nobody is thinking of putting in £25-30m for Michu. If they were he'd be gone too.

38613.gif

just get ilombe mboyo he is exactly the same as benteke only he is 26 and will cost 6million € hes a belgian international aswell.

I really wouldn't want us to sign a convicted gang-rapist. No offence of course BG, I don't know a great deal about it but I know he went to jail for it, I also know he is a good player though.

Don't think he fits into Lambert's policy.

38613.gif

just get ilombe mboyo he is exactly the same as benteke only he is 26 and will cost 6million € hes a belgian international aswell.

I really wouldn't want us to sign a convicted gang-rapist. No offence of course BG, I don't know a great deal about it but I know he went to jail for it, I also know he is a good player though.

thats his past he is mature now but he is the perfect replacement he is the same as benteke only more technical better.

38613.gif

thats his past he is mature now but he is the perfect replacement he is the same as benteke only more technical better.

Also, I think Hull have him lined up because one of their targets failed his medical, have you heard anything about that on your side?

I hope the Benteke situation gets dealt with quickly now so that we can replace him before potential targets are snapped up!

it happend when he was 17.. he wasn't even involved with the raping he just went lose and kicked some1s ass.  thats 9 years ago...

38613.gif

Also, I think Hull have him lined up because one of their targets failed his medical, have you heard anything about that on your side?

I hope the Benteke situation gets dealt with quickly now so that we can replace him before potential targets are snapped up!

yes but hull cant afford him kaa gent wants 6mil€