Hard as Nails!

Ron Burgundy

1305894632-barson.jpg

/thread

Yes!

By comparison the "Premier League era" footballers are all **** puffs.

Players I've seen that I'd nominate;

Allan Evans

Shaun Teale

Neale Cooper

Peter Withe

Andy Lochhead

Chris Nicholl

• Like 1

Andy Lockhead and Sammy Morgan were the toughest players i saw play for Villa.

"Chopper" Harris said Andy Lockhead was the hardest player he played against.

Mick Harford was one that Vinnie Jones would'nt mess with.Apparently when he joined Wimbledon, the usual japes of Jones and Fashanu for new comers were conveniently forgotten.

Andy Gray isn't very popular round here any more, but that so-called hard man Kenny Burns was scared shitless of him ever since he (Burns) tried to bully John Deehan in a game, and Gray stepped in as an enforcer.

Doesn't vinny Jones hold the record for the fastest ever yellow card? 4 seconds after kick off or summert

Yeah, it's in that video linked above.  Here if just want to see the foul. He'd probably have been given a red if the game was played these days. 

Roy Keane was a nutcase bully. Not hard, just confrontational.

I disagree. Roy Keane was/is notoriously hard in real life too. He's just not quite up there with some of the others in this thread.

Of our current lot I reckon concrete Ron can 'av it. He's built like a light heavyweight and I bet there isn't an inch of fat on him. That's one man I wouldn't want to get in a rumble with.

I'd take him over Benteke for example.

Roy keane was/is a word removed who went into challanges with the intention of injuring the other player. Just cus he has the stare of nutjob doesnt make him "hard", just a rocket polisher

Roy keane was/is a word removed who went into challanges with the intention of injuring the other player. Just cus he has the stare of nutjob doesnt make him "hard", just a rocket polisher

No I mean, he actually had fights and won them. Real fist fights, quite a few. Or so they say.

Besides, I might be alone in this but I've always thought the Haaland thing was kind of justified. *Dons tin hat*.

The man has his morals, he went out to settle a score v haaland but to go thay far, effectively ending his career?

I've never read nor heard of his fist fights, but I didn't like him as a player, his managment style seemed to be "ill stand on the touch line giving you the evil eyes to make you play well", and his punditry is much the same.

The man has his morals, he went out to settle a score v haaland but to go thay far, effectively ending his career?

I've never read nor heard of his fist fights, but I didn't like him as a player, his managment style seemed to be "ill stand on the touch line giving you the evil eyes to make you play well", and his punditry is much the same.

Actually, when you read up on it that tackle didn't end Haalands career. It was his other knee that did for him, but I suppose that's by the by.

I'm not defending the tackle, just that man to man, I can understand it.

Anyway, enough Keane. He's not hard enough for the company in this thread.

I would've loved to see this run it's course-

I'd have put my money on Shearer if it had came to blows.  Keane seemed to rely a lot on intimidation, and Shearer clearly wasnt buying any of it.  Shearer is a bigger bloke, probably a lot stronger and no stranger to the dirty tackle himself.  Just ask Neil Lennon.  Or Ugo. 

Ok, I'll say it, I think I'd give Keane a good go in a fist fight. I'm a handy boxer but not very big, so he would probably be stronger than me, but I'd catch him quite a few times I reckon. Also, I can't stand the bloke so it wouldn't be hard to get fired up for it.

If anyone can get in contact with him, tell him I'll meet him in the ring. We'll make great TV and a lot of money, just like Freddie Flintoff.

Â