Hard as Nails!

Ron Burgundy

The only problem with subjects like this is how do you gauge someone's 'hardness' in an environment as protected as high profile football? It's one thing to get into a scuffle on a pitch when there's a referee and thousands of people watching, knowing full well there won't be consequences other than a ban or yellow card.

Most of the names mentioned in this thread (particularly the latter day ones) are just cowardly pricks who know there will be no real action taken against them for some pretty despicable tackles.

• Like 1

Doesn't vinny Jones hold the record for the fastest ever yellow card? 4 seconds after kick off or summert

Barson was warned (effectively 'booked' in today's money as there were no yellow cards back then) by the referee before the 1920 FA Cup final.

• Like 1

You'd have to define hardness first IMO. Do you mean least amount of concern for their own personal safety, least amount of concern for harming others or who would win in a bloodsportesque kumite?

Them scary bastards the old farts (sorry) have mentioned would definitely be up there for the first two categories but miles away for the third IMO. There's a reason that athletes don't drink 10 pints a day and sleep in a bush outside the pub these days and it's not 'cause they're not 'ard, it's because that makes you weaker and slower and less fit.

There are some scary Eastern Euro, South American and African players who would be up there for 1 and 2 as well. El hadj Djiouf, Jose Batista, Troutmann, Gentile and all those evil type blokes.

As far as who'd win the kumite, I'd agree that Ibra, Ferguson and James would all do OK. Maybe it's because I love him but I think our resident brick shithouse, weighing in at 15 stone with a thick neck and frying pan hands, would give almost anyone a pasting.

Main_1634609a.jpg

Muscat was just a bully. think was Ashley Young said on his debut he threatened to break his legs, thats not a hard man thats a bullying prick. On wikipedia they mention the players he broke up or tried intimidate Dugarry, Bellamy, Baros, Ian Wright, Darren Eadie smaller players who cant fight back. Doubt he would have went near a Dunc or even a Roy Keane

One of rare justice in football was he was injured and missed out on playing FA Cup final

To be fair I think he probably did intend to go for the ball, but he clearly also intended to kick the player as he did it extremely hard.

I think he was trying to take ball and man but very very agressively.

That's bad enough in itself, and the fact that he didn't even get the ball as he intended makes it even worse.

Yeah, I think so too. It's just the thing that he points to the ball as he'd touched it so it would cushion the outcome. Which he clearly didn't, and clearly wouldn't. :) A horrible tackle in every way.

Muscat has made a career out of intimidation, nothing wrong with that but for the fact that he has seriously injured several players and finished the careers of others. There are plenty of players in various sports who use intimidatory tactics but this bloke actually follows it up by tackling at knee height and going out to hurt people, he is an utter disgrace and should have been forced out of the game some time ago.

I've heard a story about a non league manager bringing himself on during a preseason friendly with the sole intention of snapping the leg of a young player on the opposition who was being cocky. I gather that he succeeded.

I've heard a story about a non league manager bringing himself on during a preseason friendly with the sole intention of snapping the leg of a young player on the opposition who was being cocky. I gather that he succeeded.

Who was it? 

Muscat has made a career out of intimidation, nothing wrong with that but for the fact that he has seriously injured several players and finished the careers of others. There are plenty of players in various sports who use intimidatory tactics but this bloke actually follows it up by tackling at knee height and going out to hurt people, he is an utter disgrace and should have been forced out of the game some time ago.

I think if he ha d of played at a higher level he would have been(only played about 20 premier league games) If he  was to injure a Ronaldo or a Giggs in Premier League he would have been banned for life

Â