Hard as Nails!

Ron Burgundy

I was talking with my mate last night after watching this:

And we were arguing about who is the hardest footballer – not necessarily on the field but off it.

I reckon Duncan Ferguson (6tf 4) would batter Ibra (6ft 5), even though I’m sure I read somewhere that Ibra was well trained in Taekwondo. In fact I reckon John Hartson might even give Ibra a pasting too.

I love this clip, Duncan Disorderly owns Ince:

And this:

I also love this because I reckon Shearer would batter Keane
– Shearer doesn’t budge:

I also thought of a list of footballers who might be consider
hard but their either just dirty or have short fuse:

Keane, Muscat, Barton

Ferguson always wins.

In 2001, Ferguson was the victim of a burglary attempt by two men at his then home in Rufford, between Liverpool and Preston. Ferguson confronted the pair and was able to detain one of them who subsequently spent three days in hospital

I remember reading in an interview somewhere, a newspaper I think, that David James is/was a double hard bastard. You don't really think of it with goalkeepers because they dont tend to lose their temper very often (unless they are called Jens Lehmann) but it wouldnt surprise me at all if David James could crack a few skulls if required. 

And there's a difference between being hard on the pitch and hard off it.

As in, hard off it might mean good in a fight or able to take a punch or whatever.

But hard on the pitch can, imo, just mean ruthlessness.

Like Roy Keane. I wouldn't back him in a fight to be honest. But on the pitch he was a hard bastard because he didn't seem to give a shit whether he broke your legs or not.

Posted this in the gif thread too, but it definitely fits here.  From the same game as the original post: Ayew vs Beckham. 

inbuD.gif

Beckham wins. Smoother than James **** Bond.  :wub:

• Like 1

As in, hard off it might mean good in a fight or able to take a punch or whatever.

Like Roy Keane. I wouldn't back him in a fight to be honest.

Former amateur boxer in his yoof. ;)

When that Togo bus came under fire, what the media didn't mention is that it was Salifou taking the bullets down onto his chest and volleying them straight back at the gunmen that scared them off.

• Like 1

Like Roy Keane. I wouldn't back him in a fight to be honest.

Former amateur boxer in his yoof. ;)

Ha, fair enough.

But you get my point!

Â