Weekend football 23rd, 24th and 25th February

Richard

And yet people still say he's overrated! He's always been a good player but he's singlehandedly winning games for them on a regular basis now. Best midfielder in the prem for me.

well is comparing him to Messi and Ronaldo not overrating him?

United have won 3 league titles since then, a champions league and lost 2 finals. am sure Fergie isnt losing that much sleep

I'm sure he isn't, but if you offered him Nani or Bale, he would pick Bale. But hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Exactly. You could say that about a hundred players.

Hell, you could say "But he could have got Michu for £2m" for the next 10 years about basically any signing ever.

Yeah, but I also think the difference is that Man U didn't want to stump up the cash for Bale, yet they were willing to spend £20m on Nani.

From 2011

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/15/alex-ferguson-manchester-united-gareth-bale

but Bale only had potential when at Southampton same as Nani but he was already a full Portuguese international at this point and assistant at United had a key role in encouraging the signing of Nani like he allegedly did Ronaldo

The Clasico gets played far to frequently these days.  Tonight's game is the fifteenth meeting in the last 22 months.  They meet for a sixteenth time this weekend.   Where is the tension in a game if it is endlessly replayed? If you win it then you get bragging rights for about five minutes. 

The Clasico gets played far to frequently these days.  Tonight's game is the fifteenth meeting in the last 22 months.  They meet for a sixteenth time this weekend.   Where is the tension in a game if it is endlessly replayed? If you win it then you get bragging rights for about five minutes. 

Exactly. It's being played so much that I'm starting to get sick of it. The Turks however have gone mental, advertising everywhere. Cafes and bars have got the signs out which I've only ever seen when there is a big Istanbul derby.

Spanish football is the new Scottish football.

Â