Weekend football 23rd, 24th and 25th February

Richard

Bale's goal was good, but it wasn't that good. Definitely not goal of the year. I still do believe people over hype everything Bale does, but he really has come into his own this season. Previous seasons i'd have labelled him over rated. Different player this year. There's no point comparing him to Wilshere 'cos they're completely different players, but I believe that both can play for the top clubs. 

Everybody was calling it years ago. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXrwNk7d9aw

Shitty video, but you didn't exactly need to be the oracle to see he was going to be good if he was a full international and scoring screamers like this aged 17 16. 

Edited by The_Rev

He was being played at left back and he clearly isn't a defender.  I think there may have been an element of schadenfreude that the "next big thing" was having a bad time of it, didn't he go 25 odd games for Spurs before he actually finished on the winning side? 

He was being played at left back and he clearly isn't a defender.  I think there may have been an element of schadenfreude that the "next big thing" was having a bad time of it, didn't he go 25 odd games for Spurs before he actually finished on the winning side? 

12193x4.png

12193x4.png

:lol:

United have won 3 league titles since then, a champions league and lost 2 finals. am sure Fergie isnt losing that much sleep

I'm sure he isn't, but if you offered him Nani or Bale, he would pick Bale. But hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Exactly. You could say that about a hundred players.

Hell, you could say "But he could have got Michu for £2m" for the next 10 years about basically any signing ever.

United have won 3 league titles since then, a champions league and lost 2 finals. am sure Fergie isnt losing that much sleep

I'm sure he isn't, but if you offered him Nani or Bale, he would pick Bale. But hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Exactly. You could say that about a hundred players.

Hell, you could say "But he could have got Michu for £2m" for the next 10 years about basically any signing ever.

Yeah, but I also think the difference is that Man U didn't want to stump up the cash for Bale, yet they were willing to spend £20m on Nani.

From 2011

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/15/alex-ferguson-manchester-united-gareth-bale

Â