Weekend football 23rd, 24th and 25th February

Richard

tbh, I think it would be the same score if we did get there instead of Bradford.

We have played Swansea twice this season and beat them at home and drew away. Why do you think they would thrash us?

1) Big pitch, they would run at our full backs all day. Pure joy,

2) If it wasn't for luck, massive luck, we'd have been about 5-0 down in the first 20 minutes at their ground.

3) We **** up big chances.

Swansea have been brilliant today in a sense that they have made a banana skin look easy(something we should have really done as well) and fully deserve the trophy.

Im happy for them as one of only teams in Premier LEague that play entertaining football and have a classy manager in Laudrup

Yeah over two legs it really should have been comfortable. That one is entirely down to the manager, we have much better players then Bradford penny pinching or not. 

Actually I put the blame on the players for it.

Oh yeah? You think the players weren't too fussed about a cup final?

It was the manager who messed that up, the set up for first leg was woeful and the 'tactics' in the second 45 at Villa Park will go down in legend. 

Please show me where I said the players weren't too fussed about a cup final. If you can't I suggest you stop trying to put words in my mouth.

I wasn't putting words into your mouth, I was making an inference from what you posted. Our players skill level is more than a match for the league two side, if you are suggesting the players are to blame it can only be their attitude you are calling into question.

I can't see that it was their attitude or their skill level that was the problem, it was the way they were managed over the two matches. 

Yes you were and you are doing it again now, perhaps stick to reading the actual words posted rather than trying to presume you know exactly what is meant by them.

No, I'm not actually.

But we could go on like this all day...

Well I'm still waiting for you to show me where I said the players weren't fussed about a cup final. 

So no we couldn't because you can't because I didn't say or suggest it, you just tried to put those words in my mouth. 

I asked you a question and you got all defensive and started accusing me of putting words in your mouth...

Yeah over two legs it really should have been comfortable. That one is entirely down to the manager, we have much better players then Bradford penny pinching or not. 

It was the manager who messed that up, the set up for first leg was woeful and the 'tactics' in the second 45 at Villa Park will go down in legend. 

Please show me where I said the players weren't too fussed about a cup final. If you can't I suggest you stop trying to put words in my mouth.

I wasn't putting words into your mouth, I was making an inference from what you posted. Our players skill level is more than a match for the league two side, if you are suggesting the players are to blame it can only be their attitude you are calling into question.

I can't see that it was their attitude or their skill level that was the problem, it was the way they were managed over the two matches. 

Yes you were and you are doing it again now, perhaps stick to reading the actual words posted rather than trying to presume you know exactly what is meant by them.

No, I'm not actually.

Well I'm still waiting for you to show me where I said the players weren't fussed about a cup final. 

So no we couldn't because you can't because I didn't say or suggest it, you just tried to put those words in my mouth. 

I asked you a question and you got all defensive and started accusing me of putting words in your mouth...

Because that is exactly what you tried to do. If you don't like being called on it don't do it. 

No, I'm not actually.

Because that is exactly what you tried to do. If you don't like being called on it don't do it. 

If you say so...

We are miles behind, we need to develop a lot and I fear that we will fall even further behind after relegation.

A lack of understanding at the top as seen us suffocate. Yes we needed backing with transfer money, but we also needed stability from day one. It was not there and this lead to the sale of too many quality players too soon, the release of players who can do a decent job too soon and a lack of investment in replacing these.

Maybe one day, under the right owner, we can do what Swansea have.

Â