Jamie Carragher

Zatman

I HATE the scouse accent. It just pains my ears. Sorry. Also on Carragher:

When my leg was broken in an horrific tackle by Lucas Neill in September 2003, my mates were ready to hunt him down if I gave the go-ahead.

A few weeks later I received a phone call. “You won’t believe this, Jay. We’re in the Trafford Centre and Lucas Neill is walking straight towards us. What do you reckon?”

Did I really want Neill to take a crack? “There’s only one problem,” added the voice. “Little Davey Thommo is with him.”

That was that. I could hardly let one of my best mates, David Thompson, now a Blackburn player, become a witness to an assault. Besides he’d have recognised the attackers. The impromptu mission was aborted and I sent a text to Thommo telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks.

As word got back to Blackburn about the near miss, or should that be hit, their coach Terry Darracott, a Scouser, appealed to one of my friends to call the boys off. I agreed.

and

Carragher also claimed that he had deliberately set out to injure another player in a practice session, former Liverpool team-mate Rigobert Song, because of the latter's constant mockery of his defending.[43] "Song walked on to the training pitch with a smile on his face. He was limping off it with a grimace an hour later. The first chance I got, I did him. Never have I hunted down a 50–50 tackle with greater appetite. 'You're not f**king laughing now, are you, you soft word removed?' I said as he hobbled away."[42]

Abhorrent **** word removed.

Edited by Rodders

Hehe, his accent is strong indeed.

Solid player, decent enough guy, I never had a problem with Carragher.

I always like to see players who played most of, if not their entire career with their childhood club.

Edit* After reading some of those stories^^^, maybe decent isn't quite the best word for him after all...

Edited by maqroll

Hehe, his accent is strong indeed.

Solid player, decent enough guy, I never had a problem with Carragher.

I always like to see players who played most of, if not their entire career with their childhood club.

Edit* After reading some of those stories^^^, maybe decent isn't quite the best word for him after all...

Gobshite is a better word. Bet these storys won't be included in his tribute on sky when he retires

Childhood Evertonian! (Like most of Liverpool's recent "greats")

Carragher the footballer, never ever rated him always seemed to be a bit of a yard dog to me. Some people say you need players like that, I don't see why, always took the man if he couldn't get the ball. I hate that cynical type of football. He should have retired years ago as he was never the fasted of players but he's been the wrong side of pedestrian for at least five seasons. Off the pitch, him and his mate Stevie G have had far far too much input into the running of LFC, players should never even think they have that much power. I've actually heard him talking (In the back of my car) to Stevie G about him wanting someone out of the squad in January and how the gaffer better sort it or else... way too much power

Carragher the person off the pitch unfootball related seems a nice guy to be honest but his mates are all coked up snarlers from Bootle, where he grew up an unpleasant bunch of w**kers

Â