Jamie Carragher

Zatman

has announced he is retiring at end of season. 

He was a decent player, honest defender in his prime but for me he was never anything more than that. Their has been more than 20 defenders better than him in top flight in last 10 years including Mellberg, Laursen and Southgate

A very good defender slightly over-rated by the Liverpool-centric pundit wankfest that; in fairness; wasn't his fault. No doubt LFC keep him on in some role or other. He was a lot better than 'decent' and I think non-Liverpool fans' opinions of him will be overly-critical simply because he is Liverpool and he himself is not easily likeable. Has been on the wane for a long time now and is probably bowing out at the right time.

A very good defender slightly over-rated by the Liverpool-centric pundit wankfest that; in fairness; wasn't his fault. No doubt LFC keep him on in some role or other. He was a lot better than 'decent' and I think non-Liverpool fans' opinions of him will be overly-critical simply because he is Liverpool and he himself is not easily likeable. Has been on the wane for a long time now and is probably bowing out at the right time.

Back in the early years BOF he used to drive me mad, that was only because he was a) very young and b.) played out of position (RB).  When he moved to the centre he became a totally different player and in my opinion, one of the best CB's in the league (why else would I put him in my FF team all those years).  I'm genuinely gutted because he's actually a very nice fella and he's also got at least another season left in him.  He's held in high regard at Liverpool because of his commitment, his fist pumps at Goodison and (mainly) extra time in Istanbul.  He's not every non-LFC's fan cup of tea but I think he deserves every accolade he gets because he never shirked his responsibilty on the pitch.  You can't ask for more than that.

Neville and Carra nailed on for a pundit partnership next season :)

Edited by TheBear
  • Like 1

**** that. Carragher is the living, breathing proof that Scouse is the most horrible accent in the country. Keep him as far away from a microphone as possible.

• Like 4

Decent player loyal as hell wish every team had someone who gave as much heart as he did ...to be fair wont be missed as the last 3 seasons was quite shocking 

maybe was loyal as nobody ever wanted him ;)

**** that. Carragher is the living, breathing proof that Scouse is the most horrible accent in the country. Keep him as far away from a microphone as possible.

Load of Bollocks. The scouse accent is great - it's got more to it than a drab brummie or homosexual Manc accent.   

Fair play to Carragher. An honest bloke who was determined to do well at any cost.  

Should've gone 2 years ago, been so bad recently. It's a shame Liverpool dropped him this season was great fun watching him cost them loads of goals then shouting at other defenders after.

He was better than Mellberg, but not Laursen or Southgate.

Load of Bollocks. The scouse accent is great - it's got more to it than a drab brummie or homosexual Manc accent.   

iiiiiiirm iiiiiiirm Manchester United iiiiiiirm Rafa iiiiiiirm iiiiiiirm Steeeevie Geeeee iiiiiiirm iiiiiiirm 

• Like 1

Â