World Cup Qualifying General Talk

maqroll

The Guardian's take on the best European 11 not going to the world cup

The-011.jpg

I thought there would be better CB's than Ivanovic (been poor this season) and Agger out there that didn't make it but I couldn't find any. That's why I've come to the highly scientific conclusion that if you don't have good and inform central defenders then you'll have a very hard time qualifying for the World Cup. :D

Edited by bose

Ronaldo proved last night again that he turns up in the big games and he is the best player in the world. think he has even passed Brazilian Ronaldo for me in regards to his legacy in the game.

They for me are european dark horses in summer not belgium, the euros showed what a top defence they have and with Ronaldo up front anything can happen plus potentially a favourable climate

Even as a fan of his, I'd be amazed if he was on van Gaal's radar at this stage.  As much as I'd love it to be true.

EDIT : Although I suppose with a season of football to play, he could play his way into his thoughts over the next 6 and a bit months.

Van Gaal is known for picking players that you wouldnt expect so wouldnt put it past him

usually teams with dodgy qualification improve by world cup like brazil in 2002 but think they be happy with quarter final

I think by and large you improve in the sense that you struggled through a tough (European) qualifying campaign and then find yourself playing Iran or Costa Rica in the main competition.  The only ones who consistently struggle to qualify and then actually improve and become relevant in the main competition are Portugal.

'Every cloud' and all that ... Giggety giggety goo. Click link to see what she looks like (SFW).

Ooh la la! Weather presenter to host forecast NAKED after vowing to strip off if Les Bleus qualified for World Cup

Ooh la la! Weather presenter to host forecast NAKED after vowing to strip off if Les Bleus qualified for World Cup

French television viewers may get a bit more than they bargained for after Doria Tillier vowed to present the weather forecast NAKED if France qualified for the World Cup.

With France 2-0 down after the first leg of their play-off against Ukraine, Tillier promised to take her clothes off if Les Bleus recovered to qualify for next year's Finals in Brazil.

And ratings are expected to go through the roof on Canal+ on Wednesday evening as people tune in to see if Tillier fulfills her promise after Didier Deschamps' side beat Ukraine 3-0 at Stade de France.

Promise: Weather presenter Doria Tillier vowed to host the forecast naked if France qualified for the World Cup

article-2510459-1988BB0F00000578-986_634

After France scored their second goal to draw level, Tillier tweeted: 'F***. 2-0 for France. I start to get stressed.'

27-year-old Tillier is a former model and actress who has been a weather presenter on French nightly news and talk show Le Grand Journal since August 2012.

Ibrahimovic says that the World Cup will not be worth watching now that he won't be there. The guy is a really embarrassing, isn't he? I wonder what the average Swedish football fan thinks of him, beyond his ability.

Guess what, Ibra? Ronaldo is more fun to watch than you are, and he just proved it to you live in person, you muppet

Pity we won't see Zlatan at the WC. We probably won't ever see him at the WC again :(

I do find people are going OTT on this, it's not like this is a Giggs or George Weah situation where a great player has never played in  world cup, by my count he's played in 5 international tournaments I think.

So what Villa players are going to be going then?

Guzan. Benteke, Vlaar?  That's a poor showing.

And only one of them a starter :(

Pretty sure Ron started a fair amount of the qualfiers, don't think the Dutch have many good options at CB tbh.

Ibrahimovic says that the World Cup will not be worth watching now that he won't be there. The guy is a really embarrassing, isn't he? I wonder what the average Swedish football fan thinks of him, beyond his ability.

Guess what, Ibra? Ronaldo is more fun to watch than you are, and he just proved it to you live in person, you muppet

they love him still, he has been the best player and character they have in a long time.

he isnt embarassing, he is a funny guy and a character the game needs in a time of boring personalities

• Like 2

Sweden need to get rid of the old guard and bring in new young talent, how is a 37 year old still getting in their team. Reminds me of euro 2008 when a 36 or 37 year old Larsson was still playing up front for them.

Ibrahimovic says that the World Cup will not be worth watching now that he won't be there. The guy is a really embarrassing, isn't he? 

You don't find that a brilliantly funny thing to say?

I thought it was a great quote myself. He and Balotelli come out with the best lines.  

Â