World Cup Qualifying General Talk

maqroll

What are Herd's chances of making the World Cup squad? Maybe if he got called up and by some miracle a Hodgson stopped being a stubborn word removed and called up a Villa player we could have a group of Villa with USA, Belgium, Australia and England.

What are Herd's chances of making the World Cup squad? Maybe if he got called up and by some miracle a Hodgson stopped being a stubborn word removed and called up a Villa player we could have a group of Villa with USA, Belgium, Australia and England.

more unnecessary digs at Hodgson. He run over your cat or something?

Not unnecessary at all. He's a stubborn old fool.

Anyway, you're always defending him. Are you his bodyguard or something? :lol:

not really just respect him for his achievements in the game, think its bit pathetic to keep calling for a guy to be fired becasue he wont pick players you want especially when he has never lost a game as manager for England

Edited by Zatman

not really just respect him for his achievements in the game, think its bit pathetic to keep calling for a guy to be fired becasue he wont pick players you want especially when he has never lost a game as manager for England

Err, he's lost several.

Anyway, his "achievements" in the game are irrelevant to his performance as England manager - which is what I'm judging him on.

Err, he's lost several.

Anyway, his "achievements" in the game are irrelevant to his performance as England manager - which is what I'm judging him on.

you know friendlies dont count, if that was case people would call for Lambert head after we lost to Luton

How on earth are Holland in pot 4?!

This is a team that reached the world cup final last time out and have blitzed qualification for euro 2012 and this world cup. Yes I know they flopped at euro 2012 but Swiss didn't even qualify.

Was going to have a whinge about France being randomly in pot 3 aswell but that means they'll probably draw another strong euro teams like Croatia or Russia and will probably get a South American team as you can't have 3 European teams in a group I don't think so another first round exit looks on the cards.

you know friendlies dont count, if that was case people would call for Lambert head after we lost to Luton

We still lost in Euro 2012. It doesn't matter that it was on penalties it was still a defeat.

I also think looking at it purely from that angle is a bit simplistic really. You say I'm always making "unnecessary digs" at Hodgson yet surely you read these posts properly as well? My main gripe (and I'm not the only one) isn't results it's about how we play and his bizarre selection policy.

How on earth are Holland in pot 4?!

This is a team that reached the world cup final last time out and have blitzed qualification for euro 2012 and this world cup. Yes I know they flopped at euro 2012 but Swiss didn't even qualify.

Was going to have a whinge about France being randomly in pot 3 aswell but that means they'll probably draw another strong euro teams like Croatia or Russia and will probably get a South American team as you can't have 3 European teams in a group I don't think so another first round exit looks on the cards.

The other 3 pots are not done by rank. They are by geography. Italy are in that pot too, its the unseeded European pot.

We still lost in Euro 2012. It doesn't matter that it was on penalties it was still a defeat.

I also think looking at it purely from that angle is a bit simplistic really. You say I'm always making "unnecessary digs" at Hodgson yet surely you read these posts properly as well? My main gripe (and I'm not the only one) isn't results it's about how we play and his bizarre selection policy.

a nil all draw doesnt count as a defeat

a nil all draw doesnt count as a defeat

No but 4-2 on penalties does. If we didn't lose the game then how come we were knocked out of the tournament?

Â