World Cup Qualifying General Talk

maqroll

because of a penalty shootout, nobody counts penalty shootouts as victory they are practically a lottery. no bookmaker does for example

I never said they weren't a lottery, but it's still a defeat.

By the way, I've never used our Euro 2012 results against Hodgson, so I don't why you keep bringing this up. He has lost a competitive game as England before but that isn't really my gripe with him.

England

Uruguay

Nigeria

USA

Lets wait until 6th December, but I have a premonition.

Looks good, what are Robert Green's chances of being picked?  :D

Thankfully he is now about 6th choice, so no chance.

England

Uruguay

Nigeria

USA

We don't need Green when we have Joe Hart to throw the ball in the net.

England

Uruguay

Nigeria

USA

We don't need Green when we have Joe Hart to throw the ball in the net.

Or run out and clatter into Jagielka...

Didn't watch that game. lunapic_132009218615037_5.gif

a defeat is losing a game over 90 or 120 minutes. You can win a game on penalties but you dont lose one because of it

If you can win a game on penalties then you can also lose it - England lost it.

The match finished a draw and Italy went through on penalties. No one won or lost that game, it was 0-0. 

a defeat is losing a game over 90 or 120 minutes. You can win a game on penalties but you dont lose one because of it

The match finished a draw and Italy went through on penalties. No one won or lost that game, it was 0-0. 

You just said you can win on penalties - which Italy did. England also lost on penalties.

You just said you can win on penalties - which Italy did. England also lost on penalties.

I said the went through on penalties not win.

How on earth are Holland in pot 4?!

This is a team that reached the world cup final last time out and have blitzed qualification for euro 2012 and this world cup. Yes I know they flopped at euro 2012 but Swiss didn't even qualify.

Was going to have a whinge about France being randomly in pot 3 aswell but that means they'll probably draw another strong euro teams like Croatia or Russia and will probably get a South American team as you can't have 3 European teams in a group I don't think so another first round exit looks on the cards.

You know the pots outside pot 1 are largely geographical in the finals to ensure diversity.

I said the went through on penalties not win.

Woops, thought you were Zatman.

Regardless, yes you can win or lose on penalties.

How on earth are Holland in pot 4?!

This is a team that reached the world cup final last time out and have blitzed qualification for euro 2012 and this world cup. Yes I know they flopped at euro 2012 but Swiss didn't even qualify.

Was going to have a whinge about France being randomly in pot 3 aswell but that means they'll probably draw another strong euro teams like Croatia or Russia and will probably get a South American team as you can't have 3 European teams in a group I don't think so another first round exit looks on the cards.

You know the pots outside pot 1 are largely geographical in the finals to ensure diversity.

They're entirely geographical, save for putting the worst European side (France) in another pot.

Sorry BOF I meant to say I couldn't believe they weren't in pot 1, FIFA should just do it on competitive games or at least give more ranking points like they do with the tennis system.

Hope Burkina succeed, wouldn't shock me given the amount of ineligible players who played in the African qualifiers. The ineptitude of that continent at football administration never ceases to amaze me. 

Â