VT Poker Game

Stevo985

Given the apparent success of past VT Poker Games and some potential interest shown in the thread in Games and Gaming, I thought I'd try and organise a VT Poker Game online, with potential for it to turn into a regular game or even a VT League. Stuck a thread in Off Topic to start with as it'll get seen by more people than in Games and Gaming.

Anyone interested?

I'm happy to do the organising/setting up but, despite playing online poker a fair bit in the past, I've never set up a "home" game on any site so will need some suggestions on sites that do it. Probably easiest if we used ones that VT has used before if anyone from previous games can pitch in?

Poker Stars was suggested in the other thread so that's a start.

Also, obviously need to decide on dates everyone can do it, stake etc etc

So if you're interested, pipe up and let us know what days you can/can't do it and we'll go from there.

UPDATE: Pokerstars.com has been decided as the best site to use. Sign up and download their software if you want to play ($10 minimum deposit). Please try and use your VT username as your name on Pokerstars. If not, post in here tellinng us what name you have used and I'll compile a list.

Home Room has also been set up. On the Home Rooms tab click "Join Poker Club"
Club ID: 729287
Invitation Code: togolese zidane

Thursday 14th February has been touted as a potential date for the game. Any objections speak up before it's too late!
Game details (stake, rebuys, blind times etc) yet to be ironed out, although a £5 stake is looking likely as a starting point.

PMs will be sent out to those who have shown an interest.

Current Members (Pokerstars name in brackets if not the same as VT username):

Stevo985 (BStevo985)
AshVilla (Ashvilla1)
AVFCforever1991 (AVFC1991)
Davkaus
AndyM3000 (Strumz)
Corcaigh (walkdoglater)

Limpid (limpid0)
LincsVilla (Scunny8)
Villaboy69
AstonMartyn88 (AstonMartyn8)
tomaspg (tomaspay)

Mr.Messy (G1LE$)

Edited by Stevo985

I'd be interested , usually free any night after 9

I've got a PKR account already and also a Full Tilt one as I think that was what we used on VT last time around   .. would rather not have to create a 3rd one but I'll go with the flow on this

I'm in, I've got no knowledge on how to play mind so ill probably do all my money so the only option left will be for the missus to go on the game to pay off the debts, but why not ay

Im in as long it isn't Mon-Wednesday night.

Full Tilt poker is available now, it was shut down for a long time but reopened before the end of last year. I dont play there often but I dont think it is that easy to set up a private game.

Pokerstars is easily the best, you can create your own 'Home Game' club, where users can apply to the creator (League admin) and from there you can set up tournaments/cash games yourself without the need to contact the support team. You can set the buy in, starting stack, blind structure, payout structure.

There are other sites, William Hill, Ipoker network, Party Poker, Ladbrokes, 888.com. Pokerstars and Full Tilt are miles ahead of these though so I would go with one of them.

Thanks Andy.

Poker Stars looks like it might be a winner then unless anyone else has any particular objections to it (Sorry Tony!)

I'll probably try setting up an account in the next couple of days and go about finding out how to set up a game.

A Thursday or Friday night would be best for me I think, although to be honest I could probably do most nights with enough notice.

Edit: Just had a quick look and it sounds perfect for what we'd want. Have a gander here

Edited by Stevo985

I'm in, I've got no knowledge on how to play mind so ill probably do all my money so the only option left will be for the missus to go on the game to pay off the debts, but why not ay

I was going to avoid this as I'm very much a rookie, but if there's a chance I won't be the worst player there, I'm in.

Any night after 7 is fine as long as there's a couple of days notice.

Edited by Davkaus

Signed up to PokerStars and set up a home game room.

It takes up to 5 days for it to be approved. Once it is I'll put all the details down in here and people can sign up.

I wouldn't advise signing up for PokerStars yet until we get it all confirmed. Don't want people to commit money if it all goes tits up!

Would people be up for it as soon as next Thursday (14th)?

Or would the fact that it's Valentine's day mean people would be unavailable?

Still no word on whether our Home Room has been approved. I'll post the details as soon as it has and people can get signed up.

Anyone feel strongly about a stake? £5?

Â