VT Poker Game

Stevo985

Would people be up for it as soon as next Thursday (14th)?

Or would the fact that it's Valentine's day mean people would be unavailable?

Still no word on whether our Home Room has been approved. I'll post the details as soon as it has and people can get signed up.

Anyone feel strongly about a stake? £5?

Valentine's day? Hmm I dont know. Let me check...

Yeah im free.

Also the stake might be in $ form, and you may want to decide if you want a rebuy, freezeout etc. If you know what these are.

I'm use to starting with 1500 chips being a SnG player. Start with 3000, and 1 rebuy then keep 10 min blinds? We need a structure that makes this worthwhile for everyone including people who haven't the poker before. I was being a bit selfish with the 15 mins blinds and Deepstack tbh

• Like 1

I'll have a look tonight and see what options there are for rebuys and that.

If you could lmit the rebuys to a certain time it might save it going on too long.

Like if you made rebuys available for the first hour, for example.

It woudl mean if you got knocked out really quickly you'd have a chance to buy back in, but you wouldn't get people buying in really late into the game to keep it going all night.

And Mac ;)

Sorry Limpid!

Is anyone else going to be stumped by that?

Edit: Limpid (and any other Linux users) if yours was genuine interest then you can apparently run Pokerstars on Linux with something called WINE.
See Pokerstars FAQs here

Edited by Stevo985

OK, there's been no objections to Pokerstars as the site to use. Our Home Room is set up, so you can all start joining. PLEASE use your VT username to sign up with if possible (will make it easier to remember who you're playing against). If not could you post in here which name you have used and I'll compile a list on the OP. That way I know who to approve as entrants to the Home Room.

There's a $10 minimum deposit I believe (so what, about 7 quid?) but if you deposit $20 or the GBP equivalent you get a free $20 (with the code FREE20) so it's probably worth doing that if you're going to play a bit.

Ultimately it doesn't matter what currency you use because the site will convert money for you (at what rate, I don't know). I'll set OUR game up to be in GBP, but if you're going to use the site to play other games, most of the site's games are in $ so you might want to use $. Up to you.

Once you're signed up and you've got the software, strt it up and in the top right of the main panel there should be a "Home Games" tab. Click that, then click the "join a poker club" button and enter the following details

Club ID: 729287

Invitation Code: togolese zidane

Your Name: Your Name

Once I approve it you'll be signed up to the home room.

I'm signed up as BStevo985 (some word removed had Stevo985 already!)
I'll add the details to the Opening Post and I'll also PM everyone who showed an interest and give them a nudge to sign up and also to see if Thursday is a good day.

I'll set up a game depending on the response.

ENJOY!

Edited by Stevo985

Â