The Randy Lerner thread

CI

That was terrible tonight- I had no frigging idea what we were doing tactically? What, what was the plan? Did Bent even play? Did we have a midfield? Bloody terrible and I feel sorry for our representatives who went to watch that. Poor them.

Bring on January - we need players, more specifically-defenders.

But do you trust his ability in the transfer market? I was willing to give him a chance but Hutton is truly dreadful and his continued selection of Collins ahead of Clark is mystifying.

Unfortunately for me I can't get excited about January although I hope I'm wrong.

When it was rumoured on here that AM was going to be manager, I wrote a lengthy email to the club begging them to reconsider. In that email I warned them that the fans would turn on Lerner when it goes wrong. The day he joined us I said that before the end of the season we will see banners at Villa Park with "Randy Out" on them. I really do think that will happen at some point this season.

Even if Randy gets rid of Mcleish he'll only replace him with a shit manager again without the last 2

I have been saying repeatedly - that had it not been Mcleish it would have been :-

Mclaren - who was quickly axed for being to crap for the championship

Martinez - lost 6 on the trott this season.

Based on this - our next manager could quite feasibly be Mick Mcarthy !

Aston villa should never be contemplating these people as managers. The only reason is that Randy \ Faulkner don't have the know how to get anyone better.

Im not backing Mcleish at all - but if he is replaced by Randy .....don't hold your breath.

Id like to think that we have enough intelligence within our manager and scouting network to be able to sign a defender who isn't a complete **** disaster - yes. Hutton wasn't THAT bad, Warnock was terrible, Collins even worse. Still - all shit.

Id like to think that we have enough intelligence within our manager and scouting network to be able to sign a defender who isn't a complete **** disaster - yes. Hutton wasn't THAT bad, Warnock was terrible, Collins even worse. Still - all shit.

Step forward Mr Ridgewell....

Hutton was truly dire, as was Collins. Warnock done ok for me, at least positionally he knows where to play which is something Collins and Hutton can't be accused of.

My sunday team are better defensively than those 2. I hope when I rock up on sunday those 2 aren't amongst the team sheet.

People have a go at mon for wasting money on players but think of the millions that went to MON, houllier and birmingham city in compensation deals.

We are run by a first class idiot.

I refuse to accept that appointing houllier and then mcleish is the best we could possibly hope for.

So AMC spent £17m in the summer with a further £5m going to Blues for compensation.

I find it hard to believe that both Hughes and Benitez would turn down the chance to manage Aston Villa with £22m to spend in the upcoming transfer window.

I just don't think RL & Falukner even tried. They got the letter from Ferguson and now we all have to suffer.

Nobody at our club above Kevin MacDonald seems to have a single **** clue about football, let alone running an actual football club.

It is obvious Benitez didn't take the job due to the cuts Lerner was introducing.

McLeish was appointed as a yes man, who couldn't believe his luck he was offered a top job.

Agreed.

This is why Mark Hughes was overlooked as well.

Yep, both men are known to stand up to the board and give trouble if the board try and pull the wool over their eyes.

Lerner and co stayed way clear because they knew exactly who they wanted in and why.

I think Randy has made a fair few mistakes over the last couple of years, but I don't think I want him out. For all the things I criticise him for, I think we could end with owners who were much worse.

But I think he needs to appoint somebody ASAP - either instead of Faulkner, or over him or whatever - who has a bloody clue about running a football club. Somebody who might have a shot at hiring a decent manager.

I wonder if Randy has high tailed it back to the states yet??

Check in on his son at his new school?

And stop it with the we could have worse owners bollox, we could have an owner that is a darn sight better just as easily!!!

The mentality and ethos of a business comes from the top and at the moment our ethos is of a beaten, cowardly surrendering company who haven't got the guts for any sort of fight!

Quote all the past Chairman you like Randy you're still clueless. In fact you don't deserve to utter any words from these great men I wouldn't let you polish their boots!

Its quite simple the Villa fans should run the club, they already know SO much about what managers are available and will come, what players will, how easy it is to generate money (just make it) and all the other answers which usually means calling for PF head.

Quite simply if he hadn't appointed McLeish and had continued spending money he would be a good owner, because he is only a bad owner recently because he's not doing that and telling us about everything.

Villa fans continuing to be an embarrassment.

Spend money appoint popular manager, communicate = good owner.

Cannot afford to spend money appoint unpopular manager, limit communication = bad owner.

Communicate = still a bad owner its not what we wanted to hear.

Fans in general should be ignored, as we would have a new manager after every bad performance and would be billions of pounds in debt.

Â