The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I didn't think any of the people usually defending Lerner blindly would be doing the same this morning.

We wanted rid of doug and players left this club because of lack of ambition, now it seems some fans have the same problem. What is it about randy that brings out such a pathetic acceptance of anything shit in some fans?

How much did it cost to put together the starting 11 for spurs last night? Absolute rubbish that anyone not happy just wants a oil sheik in charge spending stupid money.

How can anyone defend a man who appointed houllier and followed that up with hiring Mcleish? We can't do better than that?

Its quite simple the Villa fans should run the club, they already know SO much about what managers are available and will come, what players will, how easy it is to generate money (just make it) and all the other answers which usually means calling for PF head.

Quite simply if he hadn't appointed McLeish and had continued spending money he would be a good owner, because he is only a bad owner recently because he's not doing that and telling us about everything.

Villa fans continuing to be an embarrassment.

Spend money appoint popular manager, communicate = good owner.

Cannot afford to spend money appoint unpopular manager, limit communication = bad owner.

Communicate = still a bad owner its not what we wanted to hear.

Fans in general should be ignored, as we would have a new manager after every bad performance and would be billions of pounds in debt.

Exactly. Great post.

I refuse to be too negative about our current situation, given the circumstances. Lets get behind the team and the manager and see where we are at the end of the season, I bet it wont be in the bottom half. Once the deadwood are out things will be different.

Lerner is not such a bad owner. I'd like to see a new CEO but Lerner hasnt done too much wrong. Some of the bleatings on this thread are embarassing.

Cannot afford to spend money appoint unpopular manager, limit communication = bad owner.

sorry is your above point trying to prove every villa fan (apart from you of course) is an embarrassment?

coz i cant see anything fickle with that way of thinking....those decisions are what every owner in the league gets judged by....

if your getting them wrong your gonna get shit....

it doesnt help Randys credentials that he didnt even appoint the popular O'Neill in the first place and every manager he has had to appoint has been a disaster

Its quite simple the Villa fans should run the club, they already know SO much about what managers are available and will come, what players will, how easy it is to generate money (just make it) and all the other answers which usually means calling for PF head.

Quite simply if he hadn't appointed McLeish and had continued spending money he would be a good owner, because he is only a bad owner recently because he's not doing that and telling us about everything.

Fans in general should be ignored, as we would have a new manager after every bad performance and would be billions of pounds in debt.

The only thing embarrassing is your sheep-like desire to accept the status quo of mediocrity and poor business and sporting decisions. While that's your choice, please don't project your crap strawman arguments onto the fans who aren't happy. Lerner is a poor owner of sports teams, as can be seen from the state of the Cleveland Browns as well as Aston Villa. Apart from inheriting a whole stack of cash which obviously doesn't take any ability, what is it that you think he's done right?

He lets a manager get away with spending millions over the top and now we are witnessing what happens because of that, he has to withdraw finance to stop us going under. If the idiot had kept things sensible maybe we would not be in this situation right now where we have to sell our best players. He is cleaning up HIS OWN MESS.

Appointing Houllier, appointing McLeish. Wow, what terrible choices? One with heart problems out of management for 2/3 years and one who has been relegated twice!

Faulkner - Makouns_grunt can complain that the fans know nothing about running a football club, does that include Faulkner who had also never run a club before? Another poor appointment.

Mr I can do or say nothing wrong Krulak who had a go at me for calling him a liar... well, funny how everything that idiot said over the past year has been proven to be a big fat lie. STILL WAITING to see what happens when Mcdefend is backed!

But ... at least we are not Leeds!!!

**** OFF LERNER.

I'm sorry but that is rubbish and mostly because it is a generalisation and you have put something there to fit your argument.

I accept we arent going to spend a lot of money, that doesnt bother me, what does bother me is inept decision making i.e. the appointment of the manager. We all said that was a bad decision at the time and I think Alex is proving that and will continue to prove that. We arent going to win the league but what I do expect in each game is that we at least give it a good go about contesting that game, not wave the white flag before the whistle is blown. I expect the Owner to appoint a reasonable manager and what has Alex done to prove he is that?.....his record certainly doesnt prove that.

We all dont want masses of money spent, yes we would love it but we understand reality and where we are as a club and you have to just stop using that as your argument because a few might and have said that. I want to be proud of my club and team, and when we lose at least I can walk away from the ground and know at least we tried.......I cannot say that after the Spurs game......

I refuse to be too negative about our current situation, given the circumstances.

You mean those circumstances were in because of the poor leadership and running of our football club from Lerner?

Circumstances caused by a lack of control and two shit back to back managerial appointments.

How some fans keep shrugging it off as nothing is beyond me. What has Lerner done that gets him off the hook so much?

We don't need the richest man in the world in charge to improve on the shit we've been served up ever since MON walked out.

I'm sorry but that is rubbish and mostly because it is a generalisation and you have put something there to fit your argument.

I accept we arent going to spend a lot of money, that doesnt bother me, what does bother me is inept decision making i.e. the appointment of the manager. We all said that was a bad decision at the time and I think Alex is proving that and will continue to prove that. We arent going to win the league but what I do expect in each game is that we at least give it a good go about contesting that game, not wave the white flag before the whistle is blown. I expect the Owner to appoint a reasonable manager and what has Alex done to prove he is that?.....his record certainly doesnt prove that.

We all dont want masses of money spent, yes we would love it but we understand reality and where we are as a club and you have to just stop using that as your argument because a few might and have said that. I want to be proud of my club and team, and when we lose at least I can walk away from the ground and know at least we tried.......I cannot say that after the Spurs game......

Why bother responding to the Blue Nose wind up merchant. He just posts the same every time and never reads/responds to anybodies actual post.

Why bother responding to the Blue Nose wind up merchant. He just posts the same every time and never reads/responds to anybodies actual post.

I know, I know, but once in a while I have to bite just to vent some frustration...........I know he's a bluenose, and it frustates me more that I do respond once in a while

Is he really a bluenose? :?

If so, why the **** is he still posting on this forum?

There is something not quite right with his posts and are generally seem to be always on the windup and while we all differ in opinions you can tell this is not a difference of opinion but looking to be different or opposite of opinion of the latest poster.....hence reference about being the Bluenose, whether right or wrong he's a windup merchant

Is he really a bluenose? :?

If so, why the **** is he still posting on this forum?

There is something not quite right with his posts and are generally seem to be always on the windup and while we all differ in opinions you can tell this is not a difference of opinion but looking to be different or opposite of opinion of the latest poster.....hence reference about being the Bluenose, whether right or wrong he's a windup merchant

Gotch'ya.

What has Lerner done that gets him off the hook so much?

I truly suspect the only thing he has done that lets him off the hook is not being Doug Ellis

The fact that many of us for years campaigned to get rid of him for running the club so poorly and we blamed him solely for the fact that we couldn't compete.

Well I think the arrival of Lerner just made some so grateful that he finally removed Ellis that he can do no wrong and now seeing we cannot compete if they were to blame Lerner it could mean all that stuff against Ellis may not have been deserved (it was by the way)

For me it is similar to the JPA defence. I rated him when he first came (JPA that is) but the last couple of seasons he was dire. Many still supported him as he was seen as a victory against Ellis (IMO). Same with Lerner

I may be completely wrong but just having a rough guess did the spurs starting 11 cost less than our starting 11 last night? And if I am wrong I can't imagine the difference between transfer fees is huge.

Good question.

SPURS

Brad Friedel - Free

Benoît Assou-Ekotto - £4.4m

Younès Kaboul - £5.2m

Ledley King - Academy

Kyle Walker - £5.2m

Gareth Bale - £13m

Aaron Lennon - £1m

Luka Modric - £18.5m

Scott Parker - £5.5m

Rafael van der Vaart - £8.8m