The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I abhor the notion that we should be communicated to in order to make us, or encourage us spend money. The point about communication is that it has worth in its own sake.

Well like it or loath it there was a need for better communication and in part at least to try and encourage ticket sales especially given the issues in relation to income and wages.

1. the acknowledgment of bad comms is welcome, and will hopefully lead to behavioural change. 2. Plans are on hold for the ground and non-team stuff - the team is now priority. 3. He's not looking to sell.

Thanks for answering, I think this is the only effort to do so or at least the only one I've seen.

I agree he admits to the poor communication not sure I'd count that as us learning anything though. Plans on hold for the ground? No sorry I'm not counting that as I think we've known that for quite some time. As for him not looking to sell, well yes he does say that and I'm happy to take him at his word but again I think its stretching it to suggest this is really us learning something new.

In terms of the club moving forward I just think the article says very little.

After reading the interview again, the thing that sticks out is his talking about Fergie's "letter of recommendation", and how it helped factor into their decision to hire AM. It's actually really embarrassing. Who gives a f*ck about what a RIVAL MANAGER has to say about our manager selection? In fact, you might want to consider doing the opposite of whet they suggest. Ferguson is probably having a good laugh right about now.

It's more naivete from Lerner, getting all weak-kneed again over a big name manager.

I have. What's the point if it's not enjoyable? Some people might say, "where's your loyalty? You're supposed to stick with it through thick and thin". That's bollocks though. There's no doubt I've shown enough blind loyalty over the years to earn myself a disability parking badge.

Tell me this; if you were watching a shit film, would you walk out? And if the person who made that film kept making crap film after crap film with no respect for the people that go and watch, would you still carry on turning up to watch? Of course you wouldn't.

I'm not being taken for granted anymore.

McLiesh settling for a 2-0 loss to Spurs for about 35 minutes of this second half. No attempts to change the game. Randy must be seeing this. Get the idiot out the club and pass it over to KMac.

I'm not entirely convinced that Lerner is actually able to identify what we can all clearly see. People sold him a bill of goods on AM, and he believes it, he's just reconfirmed that position.

The only way out of this latest hole is to sink further into it, I'm afraid.

Seems funny Randy defends the AM appointment and brings up the letter from Fergie, probably expecting a performance like tonights. Good try Randy but it's getting boring now. We had hope 3 years ago, now what have we got?

That was terrible tonight- I had no frigging idea what we were doing tactically? What, what was the plan? Did Bent even play? Did we have a midfield? Bloody terrible and I feel sorry for our representatives who went to watch that. Poor them.

Bring on January - we need players, more specifically-defenders.

Â