The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Fair play to Randy he has bank rolled these 3 signings and the club seems to have handled themselves professionally as always. He's made a good start so for this season, well done.

However being the fickle type that I am I still struggle to forgive the mistakes made over the past few years, first Houllier then McLeish, this will be difficult to forget in a hurry. Time and a lot more good actions will rebuild my and many others trust so keep going Randolph. It's a move in the right direction which can only be good for the club.

That's the exact opposite of fickle, it's sensible and balanced.

I feel that good about things at the minute,  I may even start to warm towards Lerner a little bit!

Its amazing how a good decision comes right it changes attitudes i.e Paul Lambert

I have never doubted Randy Lerners intentions..... just his judgement.

we could all level that at ourselves, I guess.

I feel that good about things at the minute,  I may even start to warm towards Lerner a little bit!

Its amazing how a good decision comes right it changes attitudes i.e Paul Lambert

Sorry should i be hanging a picture of Lerner on my wall because we've signed a couple of players?

Some are easily pleased I guess.

Randy is doing great. He's backing the manager, allowing him the freedom to bring in hot young talent like Okore. I think he's doing exactly the right thing.

But in a year or two if we're not in the top 5/6 and pushing for Europe I'll be on here criticising him for being a fool, bringing in a shit manager and allowing him to spunk the money on shit like Okore.

Why? Because I'm a cuuunt.

Oh more sarcastic nonsense. How refreshing.

I still have a big dislike for Randy Lerner for his near catastrophic mismanagement of this club. It would take actual investment on his part in the playing staff to change my views. Every penny he's put into the clum has been in the form of low interest loans. Lets not forget that. 

I think it's fair to give them credit.

Just like someone like Hutton would deserve credit if he came in and played a few games well. It still wouldn't change how shit he'd been previously.

Hopefully this is the beginning of a new phase where we're a competitive team again. I guess the real test will be when the likes of Benteke and Okore leave us for big money and what happens. We failed massively last time, hopefully we've learnt from those mistakes.

This is basically where I was at at the end of last summer. You're about a year behind, do try and keep up ;)

Right now I am extremely pleased with how the club is being ran. From top to bottom.

At the end of the day football is still a competitive sport about results. If we start to become more than what we were under the last owner on a consistent basis then I'll start to change my opinion of him.

We certainly seem like we have a plan and that everyone at the club is working to put that plan in action and I'm pleased with that. But the last 3 years can't be forgotten just yet.

Lerner's total mismanagement of the club and a succession of disastrous managerial appointments over the last few years (including the total and blatant disregard for the fans in his appointment of McLeish) means he has a lot of bridges to build and a long way to go before I will ever have any faith or belief in him.

I still have a big dislike for Randy Lerner for his near catastrophic mismanagement of this club. It would take actual investment on his part in the playing staff to change my views. Every penny he's put into the clum has been in the form of low interest loans. Lets not forget that.

I don't know the exact details of his investment here, but I know that is wrong.

I don't know the exact details of his investment here, but I know that is wrong.

It is, he's done both - loaned the club money on what were initially low interest loans (which he's now written off the interest on) and put money directly into the club - lots of it, in both ways.

• Like 2

Lerner's total mismanagement of the club and a succession of disastrous managerial appointments over the last few years (including the total and blatant disregard for the fans in his appointment of McLeish) means he has a lot of bridges to build and a long way to go before I will ever have any faith or belief in him.

I don't think he's going to lose any sleep over your hysterical theatrics. 

• Like 1

That response could be posted to so many posts on this site, including off topic.

I think it's particularly pertinent in this situation though.

Reminds me of a teenager floucing around the house before slamming their bedroom door. 'I HATE YOU!!' etc.

Well don't worry. I'm sure he sleeps well knowing you adore him.

I won't lose any sleep over your need to make pathetic assumptions about someones state of mind and your desire to post for effect.

I got a feeling he might interested in selling once the last big earners leave.

To some UAE or Russian owners please then  :P Hopefully by next year too, so we can keep Benteke if he stays with us this year xD * dream ends *

But seriously, who knows what's going happen.

Edited by Alakagom

Just checking, I want to praise Randy a little, but also want to point out his mistakes. Is this allowed?

Just make sure you do it in a way that does not appear to be hysterical theatrics or like a teenager slamming a door.

• Like 1

Sorry should i be hanging a picture of Lerner on my wall because we've signed a couple of players?

Some are easily pleased I guess.

Randy is doing great. He's backing the manager, allowing him the freedom to bring in hot young talent like Okore. I think he's doing exactly the right thing.

But in a year or two if we're not in the top 5/6 and pushing for Europe I'll be on here criticising him for being a fool, bringing in a shit manager and allowing him to spunk the money on shit like Okore.

Why? Because I'm a cuuunt.

Oh more sarcastic nonsense. How refreshing.

never made a mistake, john

Â