The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Why should Randy give of his money to Villa, give all yours.

Does it have to be so black and white. All his money? All one billion dollars?

Not really sure any fan is asking for that.

Would be nice though. He can live on his private jet. :)

Edited by jacketspuds

I must say your last few posts have been very puzzling. You seem very angry at the thought that Lerner should invest in the club he owns. That's actually what owners usually do (see most other football clubs for details).

It's hard to work out where you are coming at this from, but it seems like a pretty crazy place.  :mellow:

Why? In his own words he is the 'custodian' of Aston Villa, which I take has some sort of responsibility to maintain and protect its future.....does it not? And, in his case, that means in a financial capacity.

If he no longer accepts that responsibility, then maybe the time has come for the parting of the ways.

I have given plenty over the years

Unfortunately like the owner in charge I did not inherit a fortune

I think if I had the chance i would employ the right people to make the correct decisions

People who actually understand football at boardroom level and know what it means to the fans supporting the club

I certainly would not take the club into the dark ages like the current clown is

I have never once said Randy should give us all his money he does not need too he only needs to do what any business man should and protect his investment

Edited by AshVilla

I dont have an issue with the levels of investment from our owner. I do think he has been poorly advised over the years (thats not to say he should not carry some of the blame).... which has clearly resulted in his reluctance to spunk more money into the club at this time - its easy to forget money was spent in the Summer!

Buying new players MAY help with the clubs current plight... but it is no guarantee that we will not get relegated this season.

IF and it is a big IF we dont get relegated this season, with the current squad we have.... would this make the owner wiser in your eyes? Or would you prefer he spends more money at this time, get relegated (as I say above, its no guarantee for survival) and result in the club being in a worse situation in the championship?

Im not saying I like where we are as a club.... and I would like some new faces to boost moral/quality within the club....

Personally... Lerner out should be left to the last day of the season.... IF relegation is reality! Lets not add to the circus at this crucial time of year.

Edited by SilentMajority

Essentially we have won 4 times in 23 ..we need to win at least 6 from 15 games to stay up..with exactly the same players..

If they think this is a good idea crack on ,but I can't see it myself.To not improve the squad now is as good as holding white 

flag

I dont have an issue with the levels of investment from our owner. I do think he has been poorly advised over the years (thats not to say he should not carry some of the blame).... which has clearly resulted in his reluctance to spunk more money into the club at this time - its easy to forget money was spent in the Summer!

Buying new players MAY help with the clubs current plight... but it is no guarantee that we will not get relegated this season.

IF and it is a big IF we dont get relegated this season, with the current squad we have.... would this make the owner wiser in your eyes? Or would you prefer he spends more money at this time, get relegated (as I say above, its no guarantee for survival) and result in the club being in a worse situation in the championship?

Im not saying I like where we are as a club.... and I would like some new faces to boost moral/quality within the club....

Personally... Lerner out should be left to the last day of the season.... IF relegation is reality! Lets not add to the circus at this crucial time of year.

Good idea. Let's wait until we have been relegated before we get off our arses and attempt to do something. Like your style, you will go far.

Give all your money to Villa and live on the streets, go on then if you dont you cannot really argue that Randy should.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that mate. I just think they want him to invest in the club rather than watch it go out of the Premier League.

What's £10m to the guy at this current time? That could have brought us a new CB and a new DM to help the lads stay up. It's probably only a years interest on what he has in the bank!

I have given plenty over the years

Unfortunately like the owner in charge I did not inherit a fortune

I think if I had the chance i would employ the right people to make the correct decisions

People who actually understand football at boardroom level and know what it means to the fans supporting the club

I certainly would not take the club into the dark ages like the current clown is

I have never once said Randy should give us all his money he does not need too he only needs to do what any business man should and protect his investment

Err why are you not running a football club, you seeming have it all figured out?

Good idea. Let's wait until we have been relegated before we get off our arses and attempt to do something. Like your style, you will go far.

You're right... lets protest tonight, get Lerner out tomorrow and appoint a new owner (all in the same day), giving us enough time to buy a new squad.....

Or even better still.... lets spew bile at each game about how we want the owner gone for the rest of the season, providing a great playing environment for our overachieving

squad....

Win win!!

You're right... lets protest tonight, get Lerner out tomorrow and appoint a new owner (all in the same day), giving us enough time to buy a new squad.....

Or even better still.... lets spew bile at each game about how we want the owner gone for the rest of the season, providing a great playing environment for our overachieving

squad....

Win win!!

I said I like your style and that you will go far. Keep it up.

:D

My car is running low on oil...... do I ignore it and hope for the best so when the engine blows up it is worth not a lot or do I put some oil in give it a service and maintain it's value?

Hope Randy services his jet properly or he will not be long on this earth

VillaForever1970 seems to make lots of short, snide, immature remarks without actually ever stating what his/her position is. Very odd.

Don't forget about hilarious gifs and complaining about fans who post personal abuse towards people in football while at the same time referring to Brendan Rodgers as "a bit of a tit"

Interesting to read Fayed has converted his loans into equity so Fulham are now debt free.

What is our situation in that regard ,hasn't Randy converted some of the loans to equity already and exactly what does converting to equity mean ?Sure some smarter people that me around who understand the accounting better than me  B)

Shite signings have left us immobile in this transfer window, Lerner had invested but unfortunately some of the signings just weren't up to scratch.

You can say you want him to spend again but isnt that what he did to get us into this mess? spend on the likes of all the high-earners, so if that continues then this will happen again in a couple of years, and again, and again

and again

and again

Edited by ClaretFondu

Â