The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I don't buy that crap at all there's loads of decent signings out there for cheap that could improve us and what about loans? It took weeks or pressure to get Lerner to crawl out from under his rock and make a statement and as usual it's to back an asshole of a manager like he did last year and again not buy any decent players in January when we need it so badly I think this year it will be a lot worse than last tho and we will be relegated and Lerner will realise the mistake he made

Faulkner is probably busy trying to drum up support for the game v Newcastle.

I had an email today promoting the match day programme at only £3.

Woopety **** doo!

Edited by pacbuddies

Denis - what do you want him to say?  Realistically?

This season has not been good enough.

Paul and I will do everything in our power to ensure we do not get caught up in a relegation struggle.

We are trying t oget players in as we all agree the squad needs strengthening

Rest assured I am 100% commited to AVFC and despite recent set backs we will get it right...

And as a PS... I appreciate I know **** all about football so I will be getting someone on the board to assist in footballing matters as me and the CEO are **** clueless :)

• Like 1

Could be two reasons why Lerner has now given Lambert the dreaded vote of confidence.

Seven players signed in the summer on low wages and high wage earners off our books with the possibility of more in this window, or that he is happy with current performances and where we are in the league?

Not hard to work out is it, even for a manager who thought he was coming to a big club with a supportive chairman. 

I disagree.

It says the following;

Lambert isn't going anywhere any time soon

We aren't signing anyone

That we aren't signing anyone isn't down to Lambert

This was my thought after reading the statement, most of it generic bullshit backing Lambert yet not backing Lambert. And this said everything anyone needs to know about where we are, basically saying go **** yourselves, I'm not spending.

Lerner admits there is little time left to

strengthen his squad in the January window and said: "At this minute

there's not much really happening. There's been guys we went for who

have gone to other clubs".

Randy Lerner could easily have bankrolled a couple of decent signings on the promise that certain players would leave, be released or sold in the summer to re-balance the books - . He has chosen not to proving lMO he doesn't really give a shit what happens as long as costs are cut. He is whichever way you look at it gambling with the top flight future of Aston Villa FC by choosing to do absolutely nothing.

IT'S TIME TO GO LERNER!

So disappointing that when he finally does break his silence he doesn't really say anything, becoming increasingly annoyed at his running of the club if im honest. Can't be a coincidence that since hes started hiring people (If its true that mon was lined up before he came) we've been gradually getting worse every year.

Good that Lerner has spoken, though the statement is very careful in making absolutely no promises for the future, merely that Lambert has his backing. I think as fans the minimum message we'd like to hear is along the lines of: 'we know it has been crap, but we are doing everything to make it better'. This is more 'we know it's been crap, but we hope it will get better eventually'. It's a lot to ask us to keep faith in current trajectory when it has been constantly downhill for the last 2 1/2 yrs.

I appreciate that he doesn't want to raise expectations in a way we can't meet but kind of like Lambert's "we go again" refrain, it doesn't really give any sense of what we're doing to make it different the next time.

Since MoN left we've played 99 premiership games.

We've won 23 of them.

In those 99 games we've racked up an amazing 106 points.

Have we ever had a period of close to 100 games that have been this bad?

What an owner.

Lerner doesn't manage the team. While of course he is hugely to blame for the mess we're in he's not solely to blame.

Also, your constant sarcasm and saying "what an owner" seems a bit odd really because I don't see anyone on here lauding him as some great owner.

I want to support Lerner I really do. But do you think we will ever be successful under his ownership. He has told us nothing today other than we are going to stay with our incompetant manager. I think he said the same about McLeish last year around this time. All he is interested in is cutting the wage bill and if this means dropping into the Championship, I think he believes this will be the way forward. But remember one thing. We couldnt compete with Wolves last year and have just got beat by Millwall, so if people think it'll be one season in the Championship, I think you guys are gonna have a major shock!!!!

Interesting article in the Mail. The similarities that are now occurring between us and the browns appear to be little more than coincidence.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-randy-lerner-has-heard-1243683

It is absolutely remarkable.

The NFL is a sports league that prides itself on parody, yet Randy Lerner couldn't get a team to lose less than 10 games a year for almost a record number of years. *Note, 16 game season, no draws*.

Randy Lerner has been one of the worst sports owners in recent memory, as far as creating a stable and good football management. Trust me, I know, I've lived through both of them. I don't think he has any clue, he keeps throwing money at the problem, and now that he is out of money, he doesn't have a clue as to what to do.

If by some miracle Villa survives relegation, he must sell. If he really cares about Villa, he MUST sell.

Lerner hasn't hired anyone for AVFC who has proven to be a noticeable success. A succession of failed team mangers plus a CEO who is about as much use as a vicar in a whore house. He is truly an amazing owner.

I for one have totally lost faith in him and will take every opportunity provided to me to put the knife in for him.

Whether I agree with him is a different matter, but I think its quite refreshing what he has said about Lambert. Good that he believes in his manager and has told him to keep fighting. That can only give Lambert confidence imo, and hopefully that can be injected into the players.

Edited by Woodytom

I've always said you can't ignore what was going on at the browns.

You've got to be a real special kind of **** up to fail so badly in two different sports.

You have to be a billionaire owner. I really don't think he gives a s**t.

Â