The Randy Lerner thread

CI

£20M and most of it on players who aren't good enough?

Benteke = 7M

Westwood = 3M

Vlaar = 3M

Lowton = 2,5M

They are all good enough and that is most ot the 20M right there

Doubts over KEA and Bennett granted and Bowery at 200K well,  even though we are not even spending that much now it is hardly a waste.

This.

Every time someone says Lambert "had 20 million and wasted it" I want to tear my hair out. Sometimes being a slaphead is an advantage.

• Like 1

This.

Every time someone says Lambert "had 20 million and wasted it" I want to tear my hair out. Sometimes being a slaphead is an advantage.

What part of Sydney you in mate I'm living in Randwick near coogee beach is there any good supporter groups here?

I think there's a curse on Aston villa fc look back at the last 10-15 years

Houllier heart problems

Constant player injuries

Petrovs illness

Poor guy had heart attack at the Bradford game

O neill walking before opening day of season

Kevin mac walks

Wilfred bouma broken ankle

Lucas nillis career ended

Decent players signed that flopped instantly ie Ireland n zogbia balaban etc.....

The infamous mellberg throw in vs Birmingham

The list goes on and on and on maybe there's a curse on the club

What part of Sydney you in mate I'm living in Randwick near coogee beach is there any good supporter groups here?

I think there's a curse on Aston villa fc look back at the last 10-15 years

Houllier heart problems

Constant player injuries

Petrovs illness

Poor guy had heart attack at the Bradford game

O neill walking before opening day of season

Kevin mac walks

Wilfred bouma broken ankle

Lucas nillis career ended

Decent players signed that flopped instantly ie Ireland n zogbia balaban etc.....

The infamous mellberg throw in vs Birmingham

The list goes on and on and on maybe there's a curse on the club

I'm in Newtown. The Sydney Villa Supporter's Group meet regularly. We spend a while sizing each other up in a Better Fan kindof way before moving on to general whingeing. To round things off we all get a bit pissed and finish the night arguing about which of the owner/manager needs to go and whether or not Barry Bannan is a footballer.

(I jest, there's no such thing as a Sydney Villa Supporter's Group afaik, but if there is, that's probably what the meetings are like :) if you want to watch Villa games with a fellow sufferer, send us a PM.)

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

Right when are we going to start the Lerner out protests at games because it needs to be done ASAP, Ellis would never have got off this lightly, if it affects the players then so be it but our chairman/owner seems hellbent on relegating this club and all the fans are saying is ooh maybe McLeish wasn't so bad now Lambert out, pathetic I say, when Doug wouldn't spend we waved £££££ at him so what are we going to do about Lerner because £20m spend in the summer and as of yet no money spent in January is ridiculous, whilst I certainly don't want to be relegated at this moment in time I seriously think that if it happens then Lerner deserves it for his actions over the last few years but we as fans need to start letting him know how unhappy we are with the way the club is being run, Lambert IN, Lerner & Faulkner OUT....UTV SOTC

I hate to say it but maybe protests are an option however what will the end result be?

Lerner would hate the bad publicity and may just say **** you lot and totally pull the plug - but could he make it worse?

The old 'lets get behind the players' argument has some merit BUT we did that on Tuesday and they made a royal **** up of that didn't they - clearly they can't/won't do it for us fans anyway so what is the point?

The real problem is we are going to go down with no fight, slowly dying in effect. That will then have a negative effect for next season.

So we lose say 7,000 off the gate on average for the rest of this season at say £20 a pop = £140,000 plus loss on sales making the loss over £150,000....... or another way about £70,000 a week - but if he spent that money on a player that might turn it around he gets his money back and we stay in the Prem?

Well my plan would have made sense four weeks ago but now his gamble has failed and it is all too late.

I have had enough. He spent the money, no argument but the management of the club from the top has been abysmal. He also charged us a nice rate of interest from the family fund which we can't repay.

They blame MON for wage overspend but who allowed him to do it?

Managerial appointments have been terrible, absolutely clueless. He has no idea about 'soccer'.

We were told by the director of spin to see what these managers could do with the resources provided by our club. What **** resources?

The new strap line is trim the wage bill. We are in desperate need of players and we can't find the funds to even have a go at staying up.

How's this for a new strap line? Proud history shite future. I might have bothered to get a banner made but you won't be there anyway.

I don't care what division we are in I will always love the Villa.

You obviously don't give a shit so please sell to someone who does.

• Like 1

Bully, not just who allowed mon to do it but it has hardly been corrected or stopped since mon left. In fact it has carried on. S I have to question the opinion that it was all down to mon

Bully, not just who allowed mon to do it but it has hardly been

corrected or stopped since mon left. In fact it has carried on. S I have to question the opinion that it was all down to mon

I agree but whether MON was the cause of our problems or not is really academic now. The only constants have been Lerner & Faulkner. They signed all the managers and have overseen the strategy since. IF Lambert goes they will still be here and we would be very unlikely to break out of the decline under their leadership. The transfer and wage caps are now in place and any manager of Aston Villa in the future starts with one hand tied behind his back.

Whatever happens with the Manager we are still left with these two idiots.

• Like 1

I agree but whether MON was the cause of our problems or not is really academic now. The only constants have been Lerner & Faulkner. They signed all the managers and have overseen the strategy since. IF Lambert goes they will still be here and we would be very unlikely to break out of the decline under their leadership. The transfer and wage caps are now in place and any manager of Aston Villa in the future starts with one hand tied behind his back.

Whatever happens with the Manager we are still left with these two idiots.

nothing to disagree with there. My post above yours was simply my clumsy attempt at saying what you just have mike'

MON did not sign Hutton, he did not sign Ireland - £65k a week and did not sign Given on a 5 year contract at £60k a week

or Nzogbia or bent or Jenas and negotiated to pay he wages regardless. But as mike said all this does is highlight the idiots that did are still here

Talking of if the club is cursed, do i remember a few years back some bluenose mentioning they had put some of the gypsie cursed bricks in the holt end transfering the curse to us.  Hmmmm maybe this is why we are both shit and have all this bad luck,

Lets get some which doctors in and start dancing round the pitch, 

I just heard that we have put in an offer for someone from Swansea. Apparently, they were so impressed by the fact the ball boy held on to the ball for 40 seconds - longer than any Villa player this season - they've offered him a deal!

Â