The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Lambert was given money to spend and he had a solid back line in Collins Dunne Warnock as well as maybe keeping Cuellar, this was the defence MON made 2nd best one season. We had a 24m striker in Darren Bent, who given the right service would be banging in goals.

Lambert could have kept them, and added experience/youth as well, admittedly his hands were half tied by the wages that these players were on but he didn't need to completely take out all premier league experience and bring in youth, that was what he wanted to do. As much as Lerner is at fault for our situation Lambert can take a fair wack of that blame too for where we find ourselves.

Im still happy with what he is trying to do and I am fully behind him, We need some older heads in during Jan to help these young lot out and take some weight off their shoulders. Id actually bring back Warnock as well, I have no idea who else we can get in but we need some strong midfielders and defenders in pronto.

Posted this in another thread but i guess it should have been in here sorry.

You could of appointed two of the most hatred SHA fans as Chairman & CEO and they couldnt have fcukt the club up any more worse than what dumb & dumber have done!..

Seriously what the bloody hell has randy learnt about soccerball?.. Jesus the guy has failed at every business/sports project he has walked into!..

So i guess the bloke is consistent at something...

Just a shame its at fcuking things up!..

And as for Faulkner :crylaugh: The customer service manager for a loan shark turned CEO of a premier league football club!.. Some promotion that is!

Im sure he is nice bloke but WTF dose he know about running a top flight football club?

Ok so its very clear to see that he is randys little yes man, a type of gimp bitch on a lead. yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir!..

But by the looks of the clubs figures the guy has to take his shoes and socks off to count over 10.

Yet we as paying customers to this business are expected to trust there judgement!

Mmmm, Trust there judgements?.. In all honesty, I wouldnt trust these two charlatans to Run a bath, Let alone Run a top flight premier leauge football club!

The Time Has Come Randy!.. Either Man Up, Or Do One!.. And Take Your Yes Man With You!..

Edited by sutherland

If 30,000 supporters paid $5000 each, we could offer Lerner a decent profit on his Villa experiment and still have money left over for transfers. Then we'd have control of the club. Of course, because it's my idea, I'd be Director of Football Operations. I'd bring back John the Chronicler, change the club crest back to something that doesn't make your eyes bleed, renovate the North Stand, push for a safe standing area in the Lower Holte, lower ticket prices, expand the Villa brand in Asia, and ban players from wearing neon boots...for starters.

Villa Park, New dawn rising

Dark clouds fading, no more grey.

Time to show, our appreciation,

To the man from, the USA.

A rich dilettante, name of Randy

Thought "This club will come in right handy"

It eroded his wealth,

Took its toll on his health,

Now he's a wiser but poorer old grandee.

People have to face up to the fact that there is nobody out there who will buy the club so saying he has to 'man up or do one' is completely irrelevant. What we need is to rebuild the club after so much value of the squad has had to be wiped off, which I don't think Lerner should be held accountable for. The managerial decisions after O'Neill, yes, but not the transfer policy. We need to hold our nerve here, things will get better again.

I still can't believe there are fans who have no issues at all with the owner.

The number seems to get smaller each year though. Tells you something.

Well Im certainly not sure what hes done wrong this season? He backed the manager. Who's to say he wont do again in January. The wage bill is significantly lower. Hes made mistakes, and rectified them. This season doesnt look too good atm, but the fact we have a whole host of players who consistently fail to pass the ball 10 yards, defend properly or create anything - Is that really Randy Lerner's fault? Im not even sure its Paul Lamberts fault. In simple terms we cant attract quality players - and never have been able to, due to finance/location imo. The fact that Randy lerner is not in anyway shape rich enough - so be it. Theyre hardly queing up to buy this so caleed 'great' club are they?

Edited by Woodytom

So a reason to be fully behind him is because you don't know if anyone would buy the club? How do we know if its not up for sale? Would the ones who bought forest not have gone for it?

Anyway regardless of if anyone wants him you don't think the abysmal state of our squad has anything to do with selling our best players and not providing the fees and more importantly the wages in order to replace them with quality? And why can we not afford to replace them with quality? Oh because the owner lost all control of the finances with no thought for the long term and then made drastic cuts. Guess that's not his fault? Combine that with one poor managerial appointment followed by the worst managerial appointment any club has ever made in premiership history. Do you think that might have added to the decline of this club?

You say he backed the manager in the summer yet the wage bill was still trimmed and quite clearly this didn't allow us to bring in the quality needed to improve such a poor squad. And yes we spent £17 million but look how many players we needed for this amount, hardly works out to a decent fee for each player. Again why we didn't get the quality we needed.

How did he do with the browns? How many were upset when he sold them? Guess none of that was his fault either.

I think Randy is a hero. The club is going to be moving forward as of next season. Claret and Blue Dawn Rising. There is going to be an equinox at Villa Park and its going to be Randy's face over the Holte! Boom!

So a reason to be fully behind him is because you don't know if anyone would buy the club? How do we know if its not up for sale? Would the ones who bought forest not have gone for it?

Anyway regardless of if anyone wants him you don't think the abysmal state of our squad has anything to do with selling our best players and not providing the fees and more importantly the wages in order to replace them with quality? And why can we not afford to replace them with quality? Oh because the owner lost all control of the finances with no thought for the long term and then made drastic cuts. Guess that's not his fault? Combine that with one poor managerial appointment followed by the worst managerial appointment any club has ever made in premiership history. Do you think that might have added to the decline of this club?

You say he backed the manager in the summer yet the wage bill was still trimmed and quite clearly this didn't allow us to bring in the quality needed to improve such a poor squad. And yes we spent £17 million but look how many players we needed for this amount, hardly works out to a decent fee for each player. Again why we didn't get the quality we needed.

How did he do with the browns? How many were upset when he sold them? Guess none of that was his fault either.

What does he do if he cannot afford it anymore?

Sell to someone who can, just like that?

Yes it's shit but if he cannot afford it, would you rather he racked up more and more debt getting us closer to a Leeds or try and sort it being shit in the process?

In simple terms we cant attract quality players - and never have been able to, due to finance/location imo.

Thats rubbish mate in all fairness. I'd accept we can't attract/afford players to compete amongst the top 4/5 clubs in this country but we are comfortably a big enough draw to attract/afford players that can put us in amongst the top 6 - 10 clubs. In 09/10 we had the 7th highest turnover in the league behind those you'd expect in Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Spurs but comfortably ahead of similar sized clubs in Everton and Sunderland. This club can easily bring in enough income to be able to assemble a side to compete for a top 6 - 8 finish.

Edited by markavfc40

Â