The Randy Lerner thread

CI

It makes sense. The guy needs to know how much he'll have after settling with his ex-wife. Yes right now it's looking like he'll be getting an extra $1 billion to add to his $1.2 billion personal wealth, though only he knows how much his ex-wife is set to get. So before he goes off promising Lambert £50 million a window for the next 4 years, even though he's going to be good for it he needs to make absolutely sure. What is great news though is that no matter what happens Lerner is better off without the Browns, and as a result Villa are better off as well. It could be an exciting time going forward, but it's not set in stone yet.

Daily Mail have rehashed the story by James Nursey, how anyone knows what Randy is planning to do considering he ain't even agreed a deal yet is beyond me!

That article is full of hoss shit.

"Lambert has spent only once this summer, with Matthew Lowton arriving on a £3m deal from Sheffield United"

er..... lowton, KEA, Vlaar, and guzan re-signed.

Just so we are clear, the reported number so far is that the current buyer is providing $920 million. There are rumors of some more people buying off the other shares too.

Wow.. Its crazy how much NFL teams are actually worth, not just NFL teams, but also MLB teams..Good news :)

Billionaires have a habit of being a bit erratic with the odd £50-100m

Lerner could easily turn round and say **** it, let's have another pop at top4

Billionaires are not erratic with 100m. If they were they wouldn't be billionaires (excluding the oil billionaires who have more money than most countries)

Id say randys spending under MON was pretty erratic/uncontrolled

He literally set fire to tens of millions

Curtis Davies, Steve Sidwell, Shorey, Harewood, Knight, Warnock etc etc etc

Do the math

Do the math

He LITERALLY set fire to tens of millions? Wow what a crazy guy!

that is pretty funny :lol::lol::lol:

i did once LITERALLY set fire to a £10 note, but i was very drunk at the time.

it must have been a huge bonfire to set fire to tens of millions!

BEREA (92.3 The Fan) - A day after announcing that he was selling the Cleveland Browns, owner Randy Lerner took in the team’s first practice open to the public Saturday morning in Berea.

Accompanied by team president Mike Holmgren, Lerner strolled onto the middle of the practice fields to watch. He also took a moment to chat and shake hands with coach Pat Shurmur as well.

Shurmur was a little feisty Friday during his press conference while addressing the impending sale of the team but said his exchange with Lerner had nothing to do with it.

“We haven’t talked about really anything beyond being informed of what’s going to happen,” Shurmur said. “Now it’s a process. He was out here watching practice, really nothing more to it than that.”

Lerner is selling the Browns to Tennessee businessman Jimmy Haslam for a reported $920 million.

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2012/07/28/first-open-practice/#.UBQptgk9lKY.facebook

Hopefully the sale of the Browns will be a fast process for Randy. Get him back over here more and fully focused on Villa. I've always quite liked Randy, though he did make a shocking decision in McLeish he's already made up for that by bringing in Lambert IMO.

I have no problems with him lowering the wage bill, I also have no problem if he feels like we need to "sell to buy"... providing he's willing to invest in the squad and progress with us he gets my backing!

Do the math

He was actually one of the founding members of KLF.

Â