The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I think Randy will invest so long as the wage bill is kept in-line and sustainable. AFAIK when we pay say £10 million for a player that isn't paid straight away but over a number of years. So if our budget dictates it we can go out and get some players. The best thing to do is what we did with the Aussie lad from AZ, find decent players in other leagues on shit wages and offer them a Premier League wage. (£20-30k a week as opposed to £5-10k they are on at the moment).

As soon as we are relegation safe we should kick up the biggest fuss protesting against McLeish till the end of the season. Surely Randy would be insane to keep him for next season. Hold all season tickets until we know whats going on. If he is still here the start of next season boycott the first game.

As soon as we are relegation safe we should kick up the biggest fuss protesting against McLeish till the end of the season.

By the time that happens there won't be enough home games left for it to have any impact.

If he's staying, which unfortunately I think he is, he needs to be backed financially.

I am going to say the opposite, if he is staying and I hope to god he isnt, I wouldnt give him a penny to waste on over the hill workhorses that are capable of grinding the opposition into such a state of boredom that we might be able to eke a winner.

Everybody agrees that demonstrating during games is not good for players, so having thought about it, why dont fans protest during the half time interval?

Players are off the pitch and therefore know its not aimed at them, but believe me, you can hear the fans in the dressing room.

If he's staying, which unfortunately I think he is, he needs to be backed financially.

I am going to say the opposite, if he is staying and I hope to god he isnt, I wouldnt give him a penny to waste on over the hill workhorses that are capable of grinding the opposition into such a state of boredom that we might be able to eke a winner.

You need to get your head out of the sand. I think we all know McLeish is going nowhere (literally) for at least 12 months so he needs transfer funds. The other option is to start next season with no new players after the summer clear-out.

You need to get your head out of the sand. I think we all know McLeish is going nowhere (literally) for at least 12 months so he needs transfer funds. The other option is to start next season with no new players after the summer clear-out.

Yeah, going a whole season with just the players we have now would probably see us relegated in Derby-style. But I hope he leaves. If not he definitely need some money.

Its going to be a complete waste of transfer funds though, is'nt it ?

Unfortunately we are now in the position where we have to hope McLeish spends it well.. We are in a situation where if we don't buy anyone we go down.. We could still go down after buying but we would have at least tried to stay up. If we went down having not spent a penny you know for a fact Sky Sports would be saying, "if only they spent in the summer" ignoring McLeish completely.

Unfortunately we are now in the position where we have to hope McLeish spends it well.. We are in a situation where if we don't buy anyone we go down.. We could still go down after buying but we would have at least tried to stay up. If we went down having not spent a penny you know for a fact Sky Sports would be saying, "if only they spent in the summer" ignoring McLeish completely.

If we bring in McLeish type players this summer, what happens when AM is sacked and we're left with a bunch of non-footballing tough guys on three year contracts?

Sort it out .... PLEASE .... Randy!!!!

So put us into even worse finacial debt.. If we were going to go down I would rather spend less now, than have a bunch of shit players that will leave us for less money if we got relegated. Giving McLeish money spend is like letting stewie griffin near the big red Nuke button..

You no what I mean. Anyhow Randy has said transfer funds are not the issue its the wages. I can see Randy giving a bit of cash even if it involves selling players, he will be flapping after this season I kid you not.

I think AMc's future will boil down to the fact whether Randy can swallow his pride and admit his mistake in hiring him.

I cannot for the life of me imagine RL is happy with the current position the club sit in the Premier League, the standard of football or the dwindling attendances, coupled with fan displeasure throughout the season.

(Although, he's probably happy that AMc has gone a long way to achieving one of his main objectives in reducing the wage bill)

However, he was the man who sanctioned AMc's appointment and by removing him from the manager's seat would be a huge admission of a mistake.

Is he a big enough man to admit it and to put the wrong right?

I sincerely hope so.

Everybody agrees that demonstrating during games is not good for players, so having thought about it, why dont fans protest during the half time interval?

Players are off the pitch and therefore know its not aimed at them, but believe me, you can hear the fans in the dressing room.

yeah because that would really give the players the kick up the arse they so desperately need.

Not.

So if we finish mid table next season after spending say 25 million and still playing negative boring football, this will be seen as a successful season by McLeish and Lerner.

Well yesterday according to you we have 50-60 million to spend in the summer??

Â