The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Yeah, I think similar, though the timing indicates that it was very much Milner-related more than anything.

I suspect he understood he would get the Milner money for replacement players and was then told he would not gilbertoAVFC. The truth is out there and may appear in book form one day unless there is a confidentialty clause to prevent that?

Problem is, who's going to come out with the story? Both sides would obviously have their own version of events.

Yeah, I think similar, though the timing indicates that it was very much Milner-related more than anything.

I suspect he understood he would get the Milner money for replacement players and was then told he would not gilbertoAVFC. The truth is out there and may appear in book form one day unless there is a confidentialty clause to prevent that?

Problem is, who's going to come out with the story? Both sides would obviously have their own version of events.

Yes I think that's the general consensus regarding Milner.

It would be nice to know eventually. I can't think of many occasions in football when an entire set of fans have been kept in the dark for so long over something so significant. I think, unless it would be against some kind of agreement to do so, Lerner has a responsibility to inform us of his side at least. I mean, don't make it a big public statement and a scene, but maybe filter through the truth via a fan's meet or something.

Yes I think that's the general consensus regarding Milner.

It would be nice to know eventually. I can't think of many occasions in football when an entire set of fans have been kept in the dark for so long over something so significant. I think, unless it would be against some kind of agreement to do so, Lerner has a responsibility to inform us of his side at least. I mean, don't make it a big public statement and a scene, but maybe filter through the truth via a fan's meet or something.

Unfortunately communication with the fans is not something Lerner feels is necessary. It's amazing how quickly he has transformed himself from the exemplary foreign owner to a bit of a joke. His faith in Faulkner and McLeish has completely undone all the good he did for us at the start. Very sad.

Can someone please explain to me,what the **** is going on here ?

The way I see it is that you buy a Football club for 1 of 2 reasons.

1-to be a successful club,winning trophies and cups etc. In other words for the prestiege

2- to make money

Now the way I see it is that MON spent 65 $$$$ and got us on the threshold of european football,but when he asked for a bit more $$$ so that we could cross that threshold and compete in europe on a regular basis he was refused. So Lerner is obviously not in it for the prestiege

Now by appointing a manager like McStupid we are losing points, we are losing supporters and we are losing money,also if McStupid stays for any length of time we will probably lose our Premier league status as well which means losing even more money. So Lerner is not in it for the money.

So what the **** is Lerner trying to achieve ????

Somebody ?

Anybody ? :bang:

My personal view is that Lerner is trying to balance the books, recoup some of his investment and put us on a sound financial footing in order to sell in a year or two.

I've thought that for the last 12 months and nothing I've seen or heard in that time has altered that view. I don't believe a word of the recent take over rumours and I don't believe we are currently for sale but I don't think Lerner will be here in say 3 years time.

My personal view is that Lerner is trying to balance the books, recoup some of his investment and put us on a sound financial footing in order to sell in a year or two.

I've thought that for the last 12 months and nothing I've seen or heard in that time has altered that view. I don't believe a word of the recent take over rumours and I don't believe we are currently for sale but I don't think Lerner will be here in say 3 years time.

It makes sense - sadly.

Had a very interesting chat with a guy at the emirates on saturday, regarding, lerner/takeover/MON. So thought I'd share.

He works at the villa and has done for a few yrs. His take on things.

The Lerner / MON breakdown

All started with Heskey. Lerner was furious with this signing and that's when the fall out began.

Lerner had said to MON here's the money, buy who you want but I'd prefer them to be of an age that will keep them at the club and build with them.

The Takeover

The prince that came to villa park is a good friend of lerners, but has been coming to the club for about two yrs. He is interestd in buying the club, but wants to wait for the right time. It's a matter of when not if he buys the club.

The thing I found interesting was the trip to the clevelands lerner organised. Apparently it was a way for him to get rid of everyone for a few days, so the prince and his team could look around the club and training ground without anyone from the first team being there.

Just sharing, so dont pull me to pieces over it.

I've been thinking along these lines too. But if the present trend continues and we end up in the Championship whether it be this season or next, surely Lerner must realize that the value of our club would drop dramatically.

So at some stage over the next two seasons he is going to have to invest further in our club to re-build a squad which is clearly not good enough to compete, or is he going to risk relegation by relying on our youth and Bosman's to keep us in the Premiership until he finds a buyer? If it is the latter with Dunne, Warnock, Heskey, Petrov and maybe Cuellar leaving within the next two seasons then that is some risk to take with our club.

Had a very interesting chat with a guy at the emirates on saturday, regarding, lerner/takeover/MON. So thought I'd share.

All started with Heskey. Lerner was furious with this signing and that's when the fall out began.

Lerner had said to MON here's the money, buy who you want but I'd prefer them to be of an age that will keep them at the club and build with them.

The Takeover

The prince that came to villa park is a good friend of lerners, but has been coming to the club for about two yrs. He is interestd in buying the club, but wants to wait for the right time. It's a matter of when not if he buys the club.

The thing I found interesting was the trip to the clevelands lerner organised. Apparently it was a way for him to get rid of everyone for a few days, so the prince and his team could look around the club and training ground without anyone from the first team being there.

I hope you are telling the truth. Although I have a friend who knows Zat Knight, and I have heard many members of the club were not happy with the Heskey signing. As I have said before that Heskey signing may of just been the worst thing to happen to this great club.

Not that i'm doubting you, but why would someone who wanted to buy the club wait a couple of years for the right time?

he either has the money & wants the club, so buys it.

or he doesn't have the money or doesn't want the club, and so hasn't bought it.

He's not going to sit and wait whilst planning to buy it in the future.

The Takeover

So the ITK brigade is on here to ?? Why on earth would he wait 2 years ? And right now I dont think Villa is an attractive proposition for anyone no matter how rich they are...

really dont blame him being furious

So Lerner is furious with the Hesky signing but he is ok with the McStupid signing ?

The Takeover

There's nothing there that matches up with either Lerner's modus operandi, or events surrounding the visit of 'a prince'

People who are genuinely 'in the know' don't tend to blab so freely, particularly to strangers.

The person concerned probably does work at the Villa in some capacity, and probably gets all of his 'inside info' from VT or H&V, putting him firmly in fantasyland :winkold:

Not that i'm doubting you, but why would someone who wanted to buy the club wait a couple of years for the right time?

he either has the money & wants the club, so buys it.

or he doesn't have the money or doesn't want the club, and so hasn't bought it.

He's not going to sit and wait whilst planning to buy it in the future.

Do you honestly believe that things are that black and white? this isn't fifa.

Off the top my head

a. if we stay up

b. the played investments to birmingham and the airport

and the real answer, I dont know. Just passing on what was said in the convo.

Â