The Randy Lerner thread

CI

3 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Aye.

I don't get the Lerner Out stuff anyway. He wants to go. He has for years. That's half the problem.

That's crap... if he really wanted out he would be gone. Saying you want to sell up and saying that you care etc. etc. Judge the man by his actions.

err... this is a little harsh, no offence intended! 

Edited by villakram

2 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Aye.

I don't get the Lerner Out stuff anyway. He wants to go. He has for years. That's half the problem.

Yeah, he wants out too, which makes it all so hopeless. Nothing can save us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Aye.

Sorry but no. First and foremost he wants to get as much back as he can, if that affects this club for years then so be it. He's not going to sell unless something dramatically changes. Offers have been there and it's been impossible for potential buyers to make it happen. Make of that what you will.

• Like 2

Im pretty sure he does want out..and has done for a while...but he's lost £200m on us so far and isn't willing to add to that. We need to be self sufficient in his eyes. 

I understand his predicament but it doesn't excuse the terrible assembly of his leadership teams and bad decision after bad decision.

45 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Here's a question for someone with more knowledge of our financial situation. 

Can Lerner bankrupt us? I mean, didn't he defer our payments of the money we owe him until something like 2017? And, if so, is it possible that he could just say he wants it all back and just asset strip the **** out of us to get it back? 

Just asking without any financial know-how so please take it easy on me guys. 

It's his property/asset and he can do with it as he pleases, or I should say continue to do with it as he pleases.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

He doesn't want it enough. That's the main problem 

He wants to go. He just wants the money he's leant the club back. Which is fair enough really.

Having said that I am not excusing the way he has treated this club, it's supporters [NOT CUSTOMERS], and deserves every last drop of criticism he is currently receiving.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Sorry but no. First and foremost he wants to get as much back as he can, if that affects this club for years then so be it. He's not going to sell unless something dramatically changes. Offers have been there and it's been impossible for potential buyers to make it happen. Make of that what you will.

I don't believe there's a single offer there.

Just now, Pilchard said:

He wants to go. He just wants the money he's leant the club back. Which is fair enough really.

Having said that I am not excusing the way he has treated this club, it's supporters [NOT CUSTOMERS], and deserves every last drop of criticism he is currently receiving.

I don't think it is fair enough. This isn't something he owns that only effects him. This is a club with history, with generations of fans and tens of thousands of potential new fans out there. I don't think it'd fair enough that this club suffers while an extremely wealthy man looks to get as much money as possible. 

• Like 2

Just now, Djemba_Villan said:

Im pretty sure he does want out..and has done for a while...but he's lost £200m on us so far and isn't willing to add to that. We need to be self sufficient in his eyes. 

I understand his predicament but it doesn't excuse the terrible assembly of his leadership teams and bad decision after bad decision.

Where has this commonly quoted $200 loss number come from? Currently the asset is worth somewhere in the region of $100m-$200m and he is additionally owned another $150m in debt. This doesn't account for whatever cash has been removed from the club over the last 10 years. 

He paid approx. $125. 

The debt does not disappear when he sells the club. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

I don't think it is fair enough. This isn't something he owns that only effects him. This is a club with history, with generations of fans and tens of thousands of potential new fans out there. I don't think it'd fair enough that this club suffers while an extremely wealthy man looks to get as much money as possible. 

I agree.

But we gave up that when we sold (happily at the time) to one man who owned 100%. Answerable to nobody but himself. Literally his plaything. Which he got bored with fairly quickly.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

While not really a nice message, I honestly think this is the only way to get him to sell up. His life is not effected by this club. I think chants, protests and national media negative attention on him is the only way he starts to feel uncomfortable, and maybe he becomes a motivated seller again. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

While not really a nice message, I honestly think this is the only way to get him to sell up. His life is not effected by this club. I think chants, protests and national media negative attention on him is the only way he starts to feel uncomfortable, and maybe he becomes a motivated seller again. 

Agreed, is this more of a DM, Sun or Graun story?

Â