The Randy Lerner thread

CI

A decent CEO will make little difference. What impact could they possibly have when such limitations are in place?

One word money they control how much we make

And how are they meant to increase the money we make with a team that finishes low in the league with decreasing attendences? Like I said, a good CEO will make little difference to the success of this club while we have an owner who wants out and sets such ridiculous limitiations

• Like 1

A decent CEO will make little difference. What impact could they possibly have when such limitations are in place?

One word money they control how much we make

And how are they meant to increase the money we make with a team that finishes low in the league with decreasing attendences? Like I said, a good CEO will make little difference to the success of this club while we have an owner who wants out and sets such ridiculous limitiations

A good CEO can make a massive difference to the success of this club.....the difference between relegated and not being relegated, the difference of a few places in the league, the difference of acquiring a certain player or not.  Through increase of revenue, branding, reputation, negotiating skills, strategy of the business on limited funds, these are the things that a CEO can affect, which while won't bring you the league title can make us significantly better than we are.  It could be the difference between relegation fighting season after season to lower midtable, which isnt the level we want to be at but it better than what we are.  Getting Vlaar to stay could be the difference between staying or leaving could be the difference between us being relegated or not, a CEO along with the Manager would be talking to the player.  Branding in other markets may get us a reputation and thus players from there may be keener to join us...........etc etc.  No point underestimating the influence a CEO has on a club like ours.....

• Like 2

I think you're right to some extent but only when the CEO is working towards some sort of plan and the whole club is on the same page. That isn't the case with us. We have an owner who wants out and a manager with 12 months left on his contract. A good CEO is going to make little difference for a club like ours in its current situation.

And I can't agree that a CEO is the difference between relegation and surviving.

Well you said in another thread that Lambert should be showing some improvement but in this thread you're lambasting the owner... so isn't a bit harsh on Lambert at least? If the owner is shit then surely it isn't his fault, or if it is his fault then the owner isn't that bad.... which is it?

It's not possible to think both owner and manager aren't up to the job then?

That'd be fine but if you think the owner is shit then what can you expect from that manager given that he's working in shit conditions?

Well you said in another thread that Lambert should be showing some improvement but in this thread you're lambasting the owner... so isn't a bit harsh on Lambert at least? If the owner is shit then surely it isn't his fault, or if it is his fault then the owner isn't that bad.... which is it?

Didn't realise I had to pick sides.

I think after a season like last its not crazy to think both the owner and manager have performed poorly in their roles. I also don't think its too much to expect to see some improvement on such a poor season, now that we've added some experience and allowed the bomb squad to come back into the squad.

• Like 1

It's not possible to think both owner and manager aren't up to the job then?

That'd be fine but if you think the owner is shit then what can you expect from that manager given that he's working in shit conditions?

I can't reply really as it would be off-topic. I refer you to the Paul Lambert thread, now entering it's eleventy-trillionth page. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2719555/Rihanna-plans-buy-UK-club-sets-football-academy-Barbados.html

Rihanna plans to buy a football club in the UK following her excitement at this summer's World Cup.

The pop princess enjoyed the tournament in Brazil so much she has set her sights on establishing a football academy in her native Bardbados before branching out into ownership.

A source said: 'At first we thought Rihanna's desire to be involved with soccer on a business level would soon blow over. We figured she was still on a high from the World Cup.

'But now it's becoming clear she really is serious. She's talking about setting up a football academy in her native Barbados. Then her big dream is to be involved with a UK club.'

Wouldn't say no

Edited by juanpabloangel18

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2719555/Rihanna-plans-buy-UK-club-sets-football-academy-Barbados.html

Rihanna plans to buy a football club in the UK following her excitement at this summer's World Cup.

The pop princess enjoyed the tournament in Brazil so much she has set her sights on establishing a football academy in her native Bardbados before branching out into ownership.

A source said: 'At first we thought Rihanna's desire to be involved with soccer on a business level would soon blow over. We figured she was still on a high from the World Cup.

'But now it's becoming clear she really is serious. She's talking about setting up a football academy in her native Barbados. Then her big dream is to be involved with a UK club.'

Wouldn't say no

To what? Her buying the club or you giving her one?  :D (if the  latter - then get in the long bloody queue and wait your turn!)

• Like 1

I think you're right to some extent but only when the CEO is working towards some sort of plan and the whole club is on the same page. That isn't the case with us. We have an owner who wants out and a manager with 12 months left on his contract. A good CEO is going to make little difference for a club like ours in its current situation.

And I can't agree that a CEO is the difference between relegation and surviving.

A good CEO will never take the job!

One of the Moderators on TBAR seems to think that a potential new CEO has been approached and now we're just 'waiting on personal terms'. The Mod posts on here sometimes and over the last few days has been in dialogue with Jonny Gould over twitter so I presume that's where he's got it from.

Although I find it strange that no one but Gould seems to have any clue about this.

One of the Moderators on TBAR seems to think that a potential new CEO has been approached and now we're just 'waiting on personal terms'. The Mod posts on here sometimes and over the last few days has been in dialogue with Jonny Gould over twitter so I presume that's where he's got it from.

Although I find it strange that no one but Gould seems to have any clue about this.

You lost me at 'TBAR', because Larry Ellison called me at that exact moment to ask me to sit in his box with him and watch our new world-beaters tomorrow.

There has been just as much made up stuff in the takeover thread on here as there has been on TBAR, in fact several posters on here claimed that they'd heard it was going to Ellison.

As I say the person who says that we're just waiting on personal terms as been in dialogue with Jonny Gould on twitter and it's only through Jonny Gould's twitter that we're even aware that a new CEO is being looked at.

Edited by useless

At least VT's moderators didn't create a fake deity. In fact a moderator on here is far more ITK and reliable than any of the weirdos on TBAR, so much so that even TBAR revere him.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 3

Are you sure about that, do you know who Hairy Hands really was? ;)

Anyway I'm not saying one place is better than the other although I prefer reading this forum. I just think it's a bit unfair to lampoon that place for getting carried away with silly rumours because exactly the same thing happens on here.

• Like 1

I wasn't talking about Hairy Hands. I was on about Admin and Trent.

In my experience of both forums, TBAR is far more ridiculous and over-the-top, and if anyone challenges the supposed ITK then they are villified. You don't as much of that ridiculous and petty behaviour here though obviously there will always be a few jokers no matter where you go.

Â