The Randy Lerner thread

CI

If anybody did know anything, why would they post it here? The treatment of ITK's in the past has been awful. Better to sit on something, or pass it along in other ways, or hints.

I've only ever seen people who do it in a way to get attention and are then wrong get grief. Respected ones like MM and HH were treated OK.

• Like 2

If anybody did know anything, why would they post it here? The treatment of ITK's in the past has been awful. Better to sit on something, or pass it along in other ways, or hints.

I've only ever seen people who do it in a way to get attention and are then wrong get grief. Respected ones like MM and HH were treated OK.

both HH and MM got abuse too - it's a dangerous world being an ITK!!!!!!

I agree with Dodgyknees

to be fair it wasnt posted here (originally) :P

I might add.. i like when a poster informs us of genuine information they have heard.. it may not come true.. as we all know football is a funny game and a lot can happen to change events. How many players almost signed for a club and end up at another. Agents.... new offers from different clubs.. family decisions.. change of mind... meeting the manager and thinking hes a plank etc.

I just dont like when people make it up for attention. But if you have genuinely heard something and have been proven right a few times.. then why not. MM and HH were clearly the most reputable posters on here. Yes they got some wrong but it happens.

They provided lots of interest.. fun and meltdowns. Rather than making it up and causing bickering etc. Noone wins that way.

Edited by KSV

We could always hope for somebody to run the place properly and increase revenue. I suppose that would be a start.

It'd be good, but it's not the way to succeed in this league, successful teams have money coming from outside and they have huge debts or huge losses. If we can get to a position where running your business well has some sort of relationship to the success of your team then I think the game would be in a better position, but right now, it doesn't seem to matter much.

I think we're going to have to settle for something a long way short of succeeding regardless.

My point in any case is that the you-know-what rules don't get you-know-who off the hook.

• Like 1

At the end of the day if someone has heard something then why not pass it on, even if wrong it fills the time between games with banter and wishfull thinking. There is normally only a selected few people who are privy to genuine information and that is for a reason, if it leaks it is normally either deliberate or someone putting 2 and 2 together, sometimes we get 4 and others 5, why castigate someone for passing on what he has heard, also why would anybody want to be an ITK. are they that fickle they need people hanging off their every word and to be the centre of attention - pretty sad really. FWIW even a person proven 100% ITK gets dogs abuse AKA the general.

In my opinion reading between the lines RL is genuinely looking to sell but only if he gets the right offer, this is not new but has probably been the case for a few years since the  AM debacle.

• Like 1

At the end of the day if someone has heard something then why not pass it on, even if wrong it fills the time between games with banter and wishfull thinking. There is normally only a selected few people who are privy to genuine information and that is for a reason, if it leaks it is normally either deliberate or someone putting 2 and 2 together, sometimes we get 4 and others 5, why castigate someone for passing on what he has heard, also why would anybody want to be an ITK. are they that fickle they need people hanging off their every word and to be the centre of attention - pretty sad really. FWIW even a person proven 100% ITK gets dogs abuse AKA the general.

In my opinion reading between the lines RL is genuinely looking to sell but only if he gets the right offer, this is not new but has probably been the case for a few years since the AM debacle.

Those who have been spot on get abuse, another long-standing member is picked at because he suggested we would spend a lot more last year. If I had something, I'd tell a few people on DM, I'd never put it here.

You've got to have thick skin on the 'old internet' unfortunately. It's not nice but when things are anonymous people love having a go, so the guys with info need to think about that before they post. The hounding of people on here over the years has been cringeworthy. 

Look how Manchester City are doing it. Look at PSG. These rules are far from bulletproof.

Manchester City have a sponsor for the youth complex, and for the new youth complex they're having built. They have a stadium sponsor, they have New York City FC who will pay them a management fee.

If the likes of Starbucks and Amazon can operate in the UK without paying much tax then the world's wealthiest people can find loopholes in FFP. These people aren't rich by accident.

Apart from Randy who is rich by an accident of birth ;)

Indeed, as are Sheikh Mansour and the Qatar people at PSG. Abramovich fares a bit better, he is rich by communism and the blessing of Putin.

Anyway, any potential suitor for the Villa must have 'self-made' on their CV, otherwise they don't qualify ;)

Erm...  Don't think I've said that anywhere.

The difference between those you've listed and Randy, though, is that they've managed to surround themselves with people who can protect and grow their wealth.  Although Sheikh Mansour has the money, he also had the foresight to further utilise Khaldoon Al-Mubarak and initially Garry Cook (who gets a bad rap but has a phenomenal track record as a brand builder at Nike) and then the two guys from Barcelona.

People worth billions usually struggle to monitor it all on their own.  As a leader you're only as good as the people around you.  Like I said, these people aren't rich by accident.

Was it Gentleman who tried to make out we were signing Memphis Depay in January or was that somebody else?

I love this witch hunt. It does not surprise me given the abuse dished out to our players and manager. Pathetic.
you lied and said we was signing someone and got everyone's hopes up. If we did sign anyone you would claim to be ITK, exactly what you are doing again here. Your the pathetic one matey

We were and you're.

If you're going to have a pop at the gent, reply like a gent.

Eh? I merely asked if it was you or not as I couldn't remember. Judging by your reaction, it clearly was you and I'd like to say that anybody who pretends to have inside knowledge when they don't isn't really in a position to accuse others of being 'pathetic'. 

You name dropped me, of course I would react to your post and defend myself. I never said anything about Depay, I only made a subtle and playful hint. I was given no names and I foolishly assumed it was Depay because we were linked shortly afterwards (and we had a strong link with signing players from Holland in the past). I am really disappointed with you Isa, you are a sensible and intelligent person.

Oh do behave.  You've just done exactly the same again this time with the fact that you've been "informed" that a takeover is happening and to "watch this space".  Reading the same Twitter nonsnse that everybody else sees isn't being "informed" and asking people to "watch this space" gives the impression that you have access to information which you quite clearly don't.  Are you THAT desperate for attention?

• Like 2

Look how Manchester City are doing it. Look at PSG. These rules are far from bulletproof.

Manchester City have a sponsor for the youth complex, and for the new youth complex they're having built. They have a stadium sponsor, they have New York City FC who will pay them a management fee.

If the likes of Starbucks and Amazon can operate in the UK without paying much tax then the world's wealthiest people can find loopholes in FFP. These people aren't rich by accident.

The thing is NV is that these arrangements and deals are under the spotlight, and nobody yet knows whether they'll be approved as 'fair' by the panel until they've done their review.

If they're found to be fair then there will be others following suit, which we, of course, could do - we'd just need a certain type of owner to do it. Mansour is not only rich, he has links to a complex structure of organisations through the Al Nahayan family/various Emirates entities.

We could always hope for somebody to run the place properly and increase revenue. I suppose that would be a start.

What would your suggestion be for increasing revenue? In terms or strategy/plan?

I'm not a businessman or a football club owner.

The hounding of people on here over the years has been cringeworthy.

Nearly as cringeworthy as the desperate attempts for attention. If you know something then post it, like the trees did. All this crap with cryptic clues and watch this space adds absolutely no info and just seems to be a desperate attempt for attention from strangers on the internet.

The grown-up thing to do is to ignore them. 

What would your suggestion be for increasing revenue? In terms or strategy/plan?

The thing is, Chris, that none of us are but very many on here are very quick to damn the owner for doing a bad job when they probably don't know anything about how it works and what to do. That won't go for all, but many, and doesn't mean one can't criticise anything he does, but sometimes for some it might be better to think twice before posting how bad things are and slagging Randy/Faulkner/Lambert for how poor and/or stupid they are.

Not aiming this at you, though, just using your post.

Edited by Pelle
  • Like 1

But you're an intelligent bloke with an opinion and a knowledge of football. Surely you have a broader understanding of the game than what happens on the pitch? You must have an awareness of football as an industry, no?

Â