The Randy Lerner thread

CI

And his last season got us more points than our previous 2 and potentially more than this current year. 

Totally different. Judge Lambert at the end of year three if you are going to compare him to DOL.

Lambert is NOT the problem. A bigger problem is the lack of patience and understanding from certain supporters who live in a fantasy world and expect everything to be perfect. Get real guys.

Comments like this sort of lose any credence with unnecessary embellishment like this.
Isa it is not unnecessary embellishment when you have "some" supporters admitting they will never lessen their high expectations (perfection), which causes all sorts of problems for a club looking to rebuild slowly. Lambert is being judged on the wrong criteria IMO.
Wrong criteria? What do we judge a manager on then if not results?

It is dangerous to judge purely on a few disappointing results in a "long term" project. The end of next season will tell us more about the direction we are going under Lambert.
It's been more than just a few disappointing results though and he has the unfortunate trend of setting bad records which doesn't look like getting better anytime soon. It's just foolhardy to try try and defend those records at the moment whether you are referring in the short or long term and you cannot judge a manager in the present what he may or may not do in the future. For me that's a far more dangerous thing to do. Edited by shaggy

I could talk about owners until the cows come how...

.....Its all about managers and their staff for me.

Sturridge - 12 mill

Bent - c 20 mill

just a little tiny drop of criteria in a Vat of excuses.

says it all for me.

Ps no doubt someone will say just one incident, because I couldn't be bothered to write the boat load.

Look at pools other transfers under Rodgers though, they're surprisingly bad. No one hits all the time.

There's a guy who sits behind me who was moaning and shouting abuse all game. He does the same most games, irrespective of the score. So I'm fairly relieved that you were in Newcastle BJ10, because I genuinely thought it might be you.

• Like 4

There's a guy who sits behind me who was moaning and shouting abuse all game. He does the same most games, irrespective of the score. So I'm fairly relieved that you were in Newcastle BJ10, because I genuinely thought it might be you.

Looking for a fight, nice.

Sorry, would you have preferred a winky smiley? <br />

<br />

I'm saying that I'm relieved that he's not the moaning rocket polisher who sits behind me. Nothing wrong with that.

Great, one result and everyone seems happy with our absent owner - fickle or what?

I'm certainly not happy!

Lerner out still, he has been behind the incredible dip we have been on, the bad management, naivety, terrible decisions and more.

Great, one result and everyone seems happy with our absent owner - fickle or what?

You understand that VillaTalk is a forum that has thousands of posters with their own opinion rather than being some sort of hivemind, right?

We're not fickle, it's just different people posting.

• Like 4

You understand that VillaTalk is a forum that has thousands of posters with their own opinion rather than being some sort of hivemind, right?

We're not fickle, it's just different people posting.

I kind of like the idea of a Villatalk hive mind :)

Don't you people understand that with new FFP rules that no owner can just drop a wad of cash on players anymore? Books have to be balanced.

Now if you were arguing for Paul Faulkner to be replaced I would understand it.

FFP is useless anyway and clubs don't need to follow those rules. They break the constitution of EU. So if this is Randys excuse for not spending money he is backing the wrong horse cause I think the UEFA will lose the case in the link.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/10/sport/football/financial-fair-play-uefa-football/

Â