The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Do we get the past years accounts around April? I'm really interested to see if Randy did indeed clear part of the clubs debt with that 90m ($/£ ??) move.

End of this month.

• Like 1

Anyone see this. New sponsor to pay for new stand and rename Villa Park.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-window-review-3111476

Wouldn't like VP to be renamed, but if it brought in £10m or so, I wouldn't mind it being officially "Red Bull Arena" or something like that.

Of course it's all PR bullshit and should be totally disregarded.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-window-review-3111476

Wouldn't like VP to be renamed, but if it brought in £10m or so, I wouldn't mind it being officially "Red Bull Arena" or something like that.

Not sure, Nursey normally isnt to far off the mark

Sponsored new north stand yes, sponsored villa park hell no. Why bother having 20,000 empty seats instead of 10,000 Lerner? Need a good team first, then a fancy new north stand.

There is no time frame it says in the article. I have my doubts. Strange how much positive PR has come out this week after the Randy selling story, it seems a little contrived to me.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 2

City get 40million a year for stadium and shirt sponsorship. Arsenal get 30 million. We dont even get a fraction of it. Id be delighted with 10-15 mill a year for both

Provided it didn't go straight into Lerners pocket.. 

Do we get the past years accounts around April? I'm really interested to see if Randy did indeed clear part of the clubs debt with that 90m ($/£ ??) move.

End of this month.

Don't we only get up to may 2013 then?

Naming rights to build a new stand makes no sense to me when we're struggling to pay competitive wages.

And transfer fees aren't the major issue, what will the wages be like in the summer? What will happen if benteke is sold?

And TBH Kendrick is basically a mouth piece for the club

Nothing makes sense to you.

I expect though given all the criticism you've made on here that you're a self made multi-millionaire at the very least.

One of the first rules of business is to invest in bricks and mortar, i'm sure the returns from better corporate facilities, more season tickets etc are much safer than spending the money on players.wages

In the summer, I am expecting us to sign key players around the eight to twelve million mark.

Just the one in that price bracket I would assume

I am thinking three key players to enhance the first eleven in that price bracket, am I wrong? 

• Like 1

In the summer, I am expecting us to sign key players around the eight to twelve million mark.

Just the one in that price bracket I would assume

I am thinking three key players to enhance the first eleven in that price bracket, am I wrong

Your records been fantastic so far  ;)

Really don't like sports journos from the rags, but when I see "articles" which state "no time frame" and that are simultaneously supportive in that "owner Randy Lerner and Villa CEO Paul Faulkner are their own men who do not bow to fan pressure" it really suggests to me that Nursey has been briefed.

Only my opinion of course but yet again, it seems that PF et al are talking "off the record" to the press but have got sweet **** all to say to the fans.

I understand the need to keep the press on side but I **** hate the fact that the fans are always very secondary and very much taken for granted!

Frankly I don't give a **** whether they sell the naming rights - it will always be Villa Park for me and thousands of fans.

How about a bit of honest communication Mr.Faulkner instead of allowing rumour and speculation to fill the vacuum?

• Like 3

Gent... are you on drugs? were not going to get that kind of budget at all. Come on you know that already.

As for where money would go for sponsorship of the stadium, it can only go to one place and that is to AVFC, if that means Lerner doesn't have to add 15m to the club a year out of his own pocket because the club generates it, the move is still the right one.

Â