The Randy Lerner thread

CI

This is a man who hired McLeish.

Wait! What? Are you saying Lerner hired McLeish as manager? I can't believe you didn't mention it sooner!

I apologise but it needs to be reminded every time someone tells us about his good intentions.

I dunno about every time, and I think he did it with the right intentions, it's just one of a catalogue of baffling decisions.

For me Lerner's biggest ****-up will always be letting O'Neill have so much control over all that money.

And yet we did the same thing for 2 years after MON left. That would suggest to me that MON didn't have the control on finances some like to make out.

For me Lerner's biggest ****-up will always be letting O'Neill have so much control over all that money.

And yet we did the same thing for 2 years after MON left. That would suggest to me that MON didn't have the control on finances some like to make out.

Nope, him giving McLeish as much control as he did (or appointing McLeish full stop) were also problems, I just think giving O'Neill free reign for almost 4 years was a bigger mistake.

Sorry but what exactly has he done to mean this club has gone from being worth 60m when he bought it to 200m now?

Your going to have to explain that to me because we are back where we started.

Clubs in the prem are worth more in general and we have had record revenues since he's been here thats why we have that sort of valuation.

Possibly. It does however perhaps really highlight the incompetence of the man that when he decides to get rid of O'Neill, at a time when he apparently wanted to cut the wage bill/slash spending, he goes out and appoints a known cheque book manager in Houllier. Then with in weeks of him arriving we spend the best part of 30 mill on two players and add around 200k a week on to the wage bill in 2 permanent signings in Bent and Makoun and three loans/temporary signings in Walker, Bradley and Pires.

• Like 1

Possibly. It does however perhaps really highlight the incompetence of the man that when he decides to get rid of O'Neill, at a time when he apparently wanted to cut the wage bill/slash spending, he goes out and appoints a known cheque book manager in Houllier. Then with in weeks of him arriving we spend the best part of 30 mill on two players and add around 200k a week on to the wage bill in 2 permanent signings in Bent and Makoun and three loans/temporary signings in Walker, Bradley and Pires.

He didn't get rid of O'Neill though. O'Neill resigned.

He didn't get rid of O'Neill though. O'Neill resigned.

Threw his toys out of the pram cause daddy would'nt give him any more money to spend. Spending to much on toys he did not use!!!

After reports in a tabloid newspaper that Aston Villa's American owner Randy Lerner is prepared to sell the club for £200m, BBC Sport's Pat Murphy tells BBC Radio 5 live: "Randy Lerner has treated that story with disdain.

"I have just spoken to Aston Villa's chief executive Paul Faulkner; he says he has spoken to Lerner and the story is nonsense, there's no truth in it.

"Faulkner says he speaks to Lerner three or four times a day and he watches every game, no matter where he is in the world.

"He (Faulkner) added that Lerner had put £250m into the club and has no intention of walking away."

The guy who wrote the article has tweeted that Randy has been actively looking in the States. Hopefully we aren't limiting ourselves in who we'd be willing to sell to.

He should definitely be limiting who he is willing to sell to. We don't want someone like Yeung or Venky's to take over.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Â