The Randy Lerner thread

CI

At what point do us fans start calling for him to either spend or piss off? What triggered it with Doug? (I'm too young to remember).

Failure on the pitch and a lack of ambition. I do think the fans we will be more vocal in the future regarding Lerner.

Are the finances looking any better now? I mean we've shipped out loads of high earners so the wage bill must be considerably lower? Added in with the fact we have higher earnings in the PL due to TV money, shouldn't we be looking much stronger? Anyone got any stats around this at all?

What I'm getting at is, we should be able to invest in the squad a little more freely. 

• Like 1

Are the finances looking any better now? I mean we've shipped out loads of high earners so the wage bill must be considerably lower? Added in with the fact we have higher earnings in the PL due to TV money, shouldn't we be looking much stronger? Anyone got any stats around this at all?

What I'm getting at is, we should be able to invest in the squad a little more freely.

The books are balanced. Like i said earlier any restrictions we continue to put in place on lambert is the choice of the owner.

• Like 1

You would think so given the player reductions and the increase in income. Lerner needs to do something....communication, spend some money....

He is gonna relegate us if this goes on, I just don`t see how Lambert can keep it up. Martinez went down the same way and look at him. Having better players help. 

It is a dangerous game we are playing. I just hope we can survive until things change at the top.

There can't be many managers who can work on this budget, even promoted sides spend more than us.

It's embarrassing for a side with our history and pedigree to be run the way it is being run currently

Edited by AshVilla

I don't really see what Lerner is getting out of owning the club really. He's not making money, he's certainly not earning himself many fans and it seems he's either too disinterested or too unsure of his relationship with the fans to show his face at VP.

It certainly can't be to have the satisfaction of building a talented, competitive football team.

Surely he's got to get to the point where he wants to know if its all worth it.

• Like 4

I bet Ireland is pissing himself! We should recall him and Bent so they can stop **** helping other teams around us! Let them rot until their contracts expire or see if they can help out. (Mainly Bent seeing as we can't **** score at the moment!!!)

Edited by Tayls

At what point do us fans start calling for him to either spend or piss off? What triggered it with Doug? (I'm too young to remember).

If we keep this business model the best we can hope for is mid-table. Is that good enough?

Can't remember what started the ball rolling, I remember people standing outside the ground with rims of A4 paper with the £ signs, then getting into the ground everyone was making paper planes and throwing them onto the pitch, somebody from the Holte end got one almost into the centre circle, Peter Schmeichel was so impressed even he turned around and clapped.

Deep down I would even take Doug back over this clown, at lest Doug gave a crap

I don't really see what Lerner is getting out of owning the club really. He's not making money, he's certainly not earning himself many fans and it seems he's either too disinterested or too unsure of his relationship with the fans to show his face at VP.

It certainly can't be to have the satisfaction of building a talented, competitive football team.

He realised three years ago that he wasn't going to be a success at it and made the decision to focus on clawing back as much money as he can as quickly as possible so that he can sell up.

If we keep this business model the best we can hope for is mid-table. Is that good enough? 

we had marches and protests and £ signs in the ground....but to be fair to Lerner, this was over seasons and seasons of same old, same old....money was always found (except for the very end of his tenure) when the natives got restless.

However, right now,had the players we spent oodles of money on been of merchantable quality and won us things/games,or even had sell on value, we may not be on a Austerity programme right now. Randy Lerner did not sign those players.

I don't know how easy/difficult it is to find players, but i do know, we have been far better at signing players in the past who have shown some quality in their play.

we have had managers in the past i.e Graham Taylor MK1 who found quality players with modest funds. In fact I can't remember a manager having the luxury ( of funds)that Martin O'Neill had during his tenure. The Bent signing, despite him keeping us up has failed in any way shape or form any kind of enhancement to the building programme we are allegedly in the midst of....while we are signing him, Liverpool are signing Suarez.

I know teams get lucky....but by christ we must have run over 10 black cats.... or we simply do not have the staff like ( Tony Barton & Roy McLaren) or Graham Taylor to spot these players and secure them... blimey what we would give for  Garry Parker and Ray Houghton a Dean Saunders or Andy Townsend.

No... we have little money in the past, but at least we had people who could spend what little we had on players who could trap a ball, pass a ball and move in to space intelligently.

Edited by TRO

He realised three years ago that he wasn't going to be a success at it and made the decision to focus on clawing back as much money as he can as quickly as possible so that he can sell up.

I think so too.

And of course if this harms the team it doesn't matter.

I genuinely think he can't be bothered to sell us - ever had a load of stuff in the garage that you keep meaning to put on ebay but never quite get round to it ? - I really think its like that. He can't be bothered with us anymore, - I know people laugh at the power of protests - but I don't think Lerner would take much shifting - at the moment we are just some bundle of cash he has stashed away , but nothing to invest time or money in - if it became a bit of a pain in the arse  - then I think he would quickly think this is more trouble than its worth...

Â