The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Well I left at 82 minutes I think. Just really didnt want to be there.

Since McLeish become the manager we've lost 22 at home and won 11. It's no wonder people dont turn up to Villa Park anymore.

I left as soon as cleverly scored

I'm not having a go at you personally, but this is what is wrong with modern fans!

not really, utd at home is just one of those games i really cant get excited for, always shit and i cant **** stand them or their fans, usually moved to a shit time for tv and the last couple of times i've been its been cold, wet and horrible, seem to remember the game vs them when mcleish being in charge was a 5.30 saturday kick off and it was freezing cold and i had absolutely no interest in being there

on sunday i got soaked before the game, it was an awful game, i had to put up with their god awful cum on feel the moyes song, the idiot behind me was his usual racist rocket polisher self, i was hung over and simply wasnt in the mood, i left after 85 minutes

fans leaving with 5-10mins left when its 1-1 so they can beat the traffic is modern day football fans, arsenal every game rain or shine leaving for the tube is modern day football fans, leaving early on sunday cant really be criticised IMO

Well I left at 82 minutes I think. Just really didnt want to be there.

Since McLeish become the manager we've lost 22 at home and won 11. It's no wonder people dont turn up to Villa Park anymore.

I left as soon as cleverly scored
I'm not having a go at you personally, but this is what is wrong with modern fans!

not really, utd at home is just one of those games i really cant get excited for, always shit and i cant **** stand them or their fans, usually moved to a shit time for tv and the last couple of times i've been its been cold, wet and horrible, seem to remember the game vs them when mcleish being in charge was a 5.30 saturday kick off and it was freezing cold and i had absolutely no interest in being there

on sunday i got soaked before the game, it was an awful game, i had to put up with their god awful cum on feel the moyes song, the idiot behind me was his usual racist rocket polisher self, i was hung over and simply wasnt in the mood, i left after 85 minutes

Edit - never mind

Edited by Nigel

Well thanks Mr.Lerner after 48 years of going down you have driven me away and now couldn't care less........why should I....you don't! #absentowner

You must have seen a lot worse over that timescale.

Doug Ellis might be interested? ;)

Could be worse.. Redbull could buy us. Redbull Villans playing out of RedBull Arena with logo change and colour changes.

If it got us enough money to actually try and win things again I would gladly go down to the RedBull Area.

I wouldn't and I want Lerner gone.

Im sure he was watching on tv as he apparently does with everyone of our games, my arse i bet hes watched us 2-3 times max this season. Saying that i wouldnt fly over from america to watch that shit either.

As per my thread 'Randy's 12 month show' - He has been to one game this season. Norwich Away.

People assume he attends 4 or 5 games a season - its not even close to that. He's totally lost interest.

Villa are a big club historically but in terms of current spending power it is bottom 3 or 4 all day long.

And amazingly some still don't mind him.

Nor defending Lerner - but that stats that Hairy Hands uses to have amongst the lower spenders are false. Lambert reckons Lowton was £800k, Benteke £4m - these figure don't tie with the accounts. Accounts which are audited and players contracts will have been cross referenced etc.  We spent £21.7 m in Lamberts first season - and probably the same figure last. Not enough to build a powerhouse as we are seeing - and pretty poor gives the gates and revenue of our club.

I really think HH should stop spouting lower figures - which have been 99% proven not to be the case...

Doug Ellis might be interested? ;)

Could be worse.. Redbull could buy us. Redbull Villans playing out of RedBull Arena with logo change and colour changes.

If it got us enough money to actually try and win things again I would gladly go down to the RedBull Area.

And to watch Redbull Villa? Playing in white and red strip with their crappy logo?

If it was just a stadium name change. I could hack that no problem. Arsenal play at their emirates and Man City play at Etihad. It will always be VIlla park to us. But it wouldnt stop there. Look at all their clubs.

The best we can hope for is some russian or arab.

Villa are a big club historically but in terms of current spending power it is bottom 3 or 4 all day long.

And amazingly some still don't mind him.

Nor defending Lerner - but that stats that Hairy Hands uses to have amongst the lower spenders are false. Lambert reckons Lowton was £800k, Benteke £4m - these figure don't tie with the accounts. Accounts which are audited and players contracts will have been cross referenced etc. We spent £21.7 m in Lamberts first season - and probably the same figure last. Not enough to build a powerhouse as we are seeing - and pretty poor gives the gates and revenue of our club.

I really think HH should stop spouting lower figures - which have been 99% proven not to be the case...

Maybe fees a slightly off but I believe we probably are down there in terms of what level of wages we can offer

Some of the criticism Randy has received from some quarters I have not always agreed with.

IMO he has been blamed for things fairly exclusively that others should also have shared the criticism with him, but I don't want to get in to that debate anymore.

Where my worry does come in is the general feel of Lethargy about B6...I don't get the feeling like I did with HDE is that there is a man about the place that keeps them ALL on their toes.

It all seems a very nice place and that anything goes....poor performance seems to be a dealt with a " we go again " its all a bit "Que sera sera"

We seem to be in transition permenantly....it all seems a bit too cosy for my liking.

He needs to get his arse back here and shake a few feathers.....and breath a bit of fire in to things. If he can't do it, he needs someone who can.

The players seem to playing like they are an extension of the attitude of the club....PASSIVE

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â