Will 35 points be enough?

MONCABA

I felt like I saw a change in the team when we played against soton(yes horrible match really but we had a lot of chances that game where we didn`t score)

If I were to solely judge on our performance in this year I would we would stay up for sure. But you never know when the mistakes and the bad play comes, there are for sure gonna be a lot more disappointing stuff.

I still think West Ham can get sucked into it

They looked even worst than us at VP

And their fixture list is frightening

They also rely on the fitness of Andy Carroll i can't remember the last time he played more than 10 games in a row without getting injured

We'll end up with 38 points and finish above 3 other teams. Victories against Reading, Sunderland, Fulham and Wigan with draws against QPR and Stoke.

What makes you believe we can beat Reading, Sunderland, Fulham and Wigan but only manage a draw at home to QPR who are the worst team in the league?

I still think we will see a resurgence from QPR at some point.. Just depends whether it comes in time or not but whatever happens we cannot lose that game.. I would honestly be pleased with a draw against them..  They have some very good players & a manager with experience of these situations.

i think QPR are done... in fact, i think the unbeaten run they had at the start of the year overly flattered them, and was almost exclusively down to the brilliance of julio cesar in goal... the fact that they didn't pick wins up in that run, and have now reverted to losing, i think will do them....

similar thoughts for reading... again they had a run on the back of some phenomenal scoring by lefondre coming on as a sub in the last few minutes of games. that wasn't going to last, and looks like it hasnt...

i know everyone is thinking wigan are certs to stay up, but again i don't take it as a given... sure they've been here before, but i have a sneaking suspicion that they may have ridden their luck as far as it goes.... i'm also hoping that the guy who almost singlehandedly kept them up a couple of seasons ago has the bit between his teeth to do it again for his new team.... god knows he owes us one...

perhaps i am just overly optimistic but hey, whether i think villa will stay up or not has absolutely no bearing on anything other than my mental wellbeing....

UTV

I think QPR and Reading are done, they just aren't good enough and besides, QPR are 7 points behind even us. That is two wins and a draw just to catch us, without us playing. They are down there for a reason, and although I admittedly feared them around Christmas and onwards, they are playing extremely badly and there is no leadership in their attacking unit. Just individuals running around trying to score goals, but they are even worse than us at it. Their defensive unit is pretty solid at times, but they need wins and that will make them sacrifice the defensive work at times. Cannot see them catch us. Reading are just very poor, although just 1 point behind us I think we will be stronger than them from hereon out.

What we need to look at is Wigan. They are able to score goals at crucial times, I am not going into that "they always find a way out of the scrap", I find that a bit coincidental, they are always down there becase they have a poor squad. Southampton too are 1 win away from us, they are def. in the fight. Sunderland not so much, they have players to survive, just like Newcastle.

What we need to do is beat Soton or Wigan, easy as that. We have enough games to do this, we just need an early win to get our hopes up. Putting a fairly pessimistic 51% chance of us managing this, bases on a hunch rather than statistical analysis (which are of no value when the variables are so many).

Put 4 wins and 2 draws on the table, we can manage that. In at least one of the tough remaining fixtures against the elite teams we are going to snatch a point or a win, let's start at home to Man City!

We have only won 5 games in our first 27 matches. To win another 4 in our final 11 games will be quite a sudden turnaround of form.

Often a team or two, who were previously on mid-table form, get dragged in to the relegation issue. Conversely, there is often a team or two who, despite their previously rubbish form, pick up unexpected points. We just need to hope that team is us!

We have only won 5 games in our first 27 matches. To win another 4 in our final 11 games will be quite a sudden turnaround of form.

Sure, but that is what can happen when teams are staring the ghost of relegation right in the face.

Besides, teams reach form, some lose form and some just don't care anymore as they are safe in the middle of the table. Meeting Stoke et al right now is beneficial to us.

It always happens, when teams are desperate a few results are grinded out.

We'll end up with 38 points and finish above 3 other teams. Victories against Reading, Sunderland, Fulham and Wigan with draws against QPR and Stoke.

What makes you believe we can beat Reading, Sunderland, Fulham and Wigan but only manage a draw at home to QPR who are the worst team in the league?

Because i think the tension on the terraces will transcend onto the pitch as it did against Bolton last season

I have been having a look at our remaining games.

Trying to be objective and not letting my heart rule my head, I have come up with the following possible results:

Everton - draw

West Ham - Villa win

Arsenal - Villa loss

Man City - Villa loss

Reading - Villa win

QPR - Villa win

Liverpool - draw

Stoke - Villa loss

Fulham - Villa win

Man Utd - Villa loss

Sunderland - draw

Norwich - Villa loss

Chelsea - Villa loss

Wigan - Villa loss

This would leave us finishing our league campaign on 35 points.

Is that enough?

I'm hoping I can make it  5 on the trot tomorrow. C'mon you Villa boys.

Trying to be objective and not letting my heart rule my head, I have come up with the following possible results:

Everton - draw

West Ham - Villa win

Arsenal - Villa loss

Man City - Villa loss

Reading - Villa win

QPR - Villa win

Liverpool - draw

Stoke - Villa loss

Fulham - Villa win

Man Utd - Villa loss

Sunderland - draw

Norwich - Villa loss

Chelsea - Villa loss

Wigan - Villa loss

Is that enough?

if we have 34 points going into the last 5 games as you have us, you'd have to fancy our chances of nicking a win against either norwich or wigan

Everton - draw

West Ham - Villa win

Arsenal - Villa loss

Man City - Villa loss

Reading - Villa win

QPR - Villa win

Liverpool - draw

Stoke - Villa loss

Fulham - Villa win

Man Utd - Villa loss

Sunderland - draw

Norwich - Villa loss

Chelsea - Villa loss

Wigan - Villa loss

Is that enough?

if we have 34 points going into the last 5 games as you have us, you'd have to fancy our chances of nicking a win against either norwich or wigan

I really hope my last 5 predictions are well wide of the mark as well.

Â