Will 35 points be enough?

MONCABA

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having a look at our remaining games.

Trying to be objective and not letting my heart rule my head, I have come up with the following possible results:

Everton - draw

West Ham - Villa win

Arsenal - Villa loss

Man City - Villa loss

Reading - Villa win

QPR - Villa win

Liverpool - draw

Stoke - Villa loss

Fulham - Villa win

Man Utd - Villa loss

Sunderland - draw

Norwich - Villa loss

Chelsea - Villa loss

Wigan - Villa loss

This would leave us finishing our league campaign on 35 points.

Is that enough?

C'mon Villa prove me wrong FFS

4 wins 2 draws 6 defeats Would do it I think. Puts a lot of pressure on us to win the Fulham, Sunderland and QPR home games as I don't see us picking up more than 1 away win.

I reckon we are more than capable of achieving the 6 defeats but I have reservations about the 4 wins and 2 draws!

35 points will probably be enough but on current form I don't think we'll get them!

If you had started this forecast a couple of weeks ago would you have written in home defeats to Southampton and Newcastle? I doubt it! This team is sinking to lows even we find it hard to imagine. 

Of the games left  I think you can write off Everton, Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd, and Chelsea. (That's not to say we may not sneak one or two points here and there but it would be wrong to count on anything from them)

So we need 15 points from the remaining 8: 5 wins or 4 wins and 3 draws.

Maybe Sylla and Dawkins will stabilise things, inspire their new colleagues to a step change in performance and drive us forward to  an improvement of nearly 30 percent in our performance so far this season. We can but hope...

I just saw a pig fly past the window!

4 wins 2 draws 6 defeats Would do it I think. Puts a lot of pressure on us to win the Fulham, Sunderland and QPR home games as I don't see us picking up more than 1 away win.

I reckon we are more than capable of achieving the 6 defeats but I have reservations about the 4 wins and 2 draws!
Haha yes, well it's only 5 defeats left now :)

I think we are a pretty good chance of getting it down to 4 after next Monday's match too!

I have been having a look at our remaining games.

Trying to be objective and not letting my heart rule my head, I have come up with the following possible results:

Everton - draw

West Ham - Villa win

Arsenal - Villa loss

Man City - Villa loss

Reading - Villa win

QPR - Villa win

Liverpool - draw

Stoke - Villa loss

Fulham - Villa win

Man Utd - Villa loss

Sunderland - draw

Norwich - Villa loss

Chelsea - Villa loss

Wigan - Villa loss

This would leave us finishing our league campaign on 35 points.

Is that enough?

So far so good with this prediction.

I think we are a pretty good chance of getting it down to 4 after next Monday's match too!

If we do lose next Monday, as most people expect, that would leave us needing:

4 wins

2 draws

4 defeats

To get to the point mark of 38, which kept us up last season. 

That's mid-table form, I'm not sure we're good enough to go on that run.

4 wins

2 draws

4 defeats

No, we don't need any defeats. Nobody NEEDS defeats!

:D

4 wins

2 draws

4 defeats

No, we don't need any defeats. Nobody NEEDS defeats!

:D

OK we NEED the 4 wins and 2 draws, leaving us with 4 games we could afford defeats in, and probably still stay up.

4 wins

2 draws

4 defeats

Needing a defeat is not the way to go ;)

I don't think 35 points will be enough

Minimum 37/38 if we're lucky though i fear it will be more like 40/41 as Wigan are improving.. Doesn't matter about Reading & QPR really as we have to better the best of those 3 being Wigan.  If one of the others gets dragged in then great but i still think it will be a surprisingly high points tally to stay up this season by the end of it all. Do i think we will do it? ....... Not for a second. We still lose even when we apparently play well so that says all that needs to be said for me.

Arsenal played poorly on the back of 2 defeats, one of them against a Championship team plus we were, or at least should have been, much fresher than them. At the same time we played really well according to Lambert, were on the back of a win & the fresher team having had 2 weeks to prepare for the game.......But despite all this we still lost!.. Ok Arsenal are still a decent enough side but even so.....

Just looked at the remaining fixtures for all those clubs who are still "at risk" to varying extents, apart from West Ham & Sunderland & i have this

Newcastle......46pts

Southampton 45 pts

Norwich.........44 pts

Wigan...........37 pts

Villa...............35 pts

QPR..............33 pts

Reading........30 pts

Thats with us losing against Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U...  Drawing with QPR, Reading, Stoke, Norwich & Wigan, .. & Winning against Fulham & Sunderland.

Lose against QPR & i fear for us

Win against Wigan & we have a chance

But must not lose against QPR, Reading or Wigan & really we need to win at least 2 of those

Ok just looked at the Sunderland & West Ham fixtures too & they could indeed still get dragged in but even on a pretty poor run i still have West Ham finishing on about 40 pts & Sunderland around 38/39

Edited by danceoftheshamen

...I think 32 points will be enough for survival and I think we will get more than that. 

32 points? No chance it will be that low. 36/37 is more realistic.

It is possible.

I think the average safe point mark over the last 10 years is 34 (if i am remembering correctly).

I'm optimistic. I know a lot of people will say otherwise, but they have been playing better ever since the 2nd half of Newcastle.

I can see wins against QPR, Reading, Sunderland, and maybe Wigan. A couple draws in the mix would really help.

I think we should know after March where it stands.

Â