Will 35 points be enough?

MONCABA

We're wolves from last year we will be gone by easter

No, we were not stupid enough to bomb out our manager when we could not possibly get a much better one in. We will survive. I think 32 points will be enough for survival and I think we will get more than that. 

When people are doing their predictions is anyone taking into account other teams can fall apart?

History would suggest teams start picking up more points towards the end of the season than at the start.

Teams that understand the fight they are in... that is, teams with experience. Like Wigan, like QPR, like Newcastle, like Fulham, like Norwich, like Sunderland and to some degree like Southampton. Basically like everyone around us other than Reading. Oh.... dear...

When people are doing their predictions is anyone taking into account other teams can fall apart?

We will need at least 2 teams to fall apart,but all I can see is other teams getting results that we seem incapable of.

i think we got more than a fair chance, the boys did good last night even if the end was a massive dissapointment.

with the right tactics and team selections we can get enough points to go through, there are plenty of winnable games and if we can get a sneaky draw or two from some of the top teams it should see us safe.

It should be kept in mind that everton has only lost at home once this year too, if we can put up such a fight against a top team that enter the game a bit overconfident and believing that they would walk all over us like chelsea did, we should be able to get a draw, and **** it why not a win? bit of luck and you never know.

not saying its going to be easy by any means, but its far from as over as some seem to think.

I think,Chelski,Arsenal and Man City are having minor collapses but that does not help us at all.We need the teams around us to fall apart,unfortunately these teams seem to be picking up more points than us. 

I have been having a look at our remaining games.

Trying to be objective and not letting my heart rule my head, I have come up with the following possible results:

Everton - draw

West Ham - Villa win

Arsenal - Villa loss

Man City - Villa loss

Reading - Villa win

QPR - Villa win

Liverpool - draw

Stoke - Villa loss

Fulham - Villa win

Man Utd - Villa loss

Sunderland - draw

Norwich - Villa loss

Chelsea - Villa loss

Wigan - Villa loss

This would leave us finishing our league campaign on 35 points.

Is that enough?

I'm hoping/praying I get the next 2 results wrong

I have been having a look at our remaining games.

Trying to be objective and not letting my heart rule my head, I have come up with the following possible results:

Everton - draw

West Ham - Villa win

Arsenal - Villa loss

Man City - Villa loss

Reading - Villa win

QPR - Villa win

Liverpool - draw

Stoke - Villa loss

Fulham - Villa win

Man Utd - Villa loss

Sunderland - draw

Norwich - Villa loss

Chelsea - Villa loss

Wigan - Villa loss

This would leave us finishing our league campaign on 35 points.

Is that enough?

I'm hoping/praying I get the next 2 results wrong

I think thats a pretty fair prediction you got there,

Only one i would change is lose with liverpool and a draw at wigan, but still ends on the same pionts.

If we beat Reading and QPR I reckon we'll stay up. I realise they're not enough on their own, but I think that will put us within about 6 points of safety which will hopefully give them the incentive to grab the points from the remaining games.

Those are real key games though.

I still think it will end up just under the traditional 40 pts mark again... Maybe 38 / 39 pts.

Yes, it will be about 38 points as usual.

It is this point in the season very year that it looks like the bottom teams have no chance of getting anywhere near 40 points but every year they scrape and battle to get some results over the last few months.

Â