Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

why isn't Sylla playing?

I wonder if something's gone off behind the scenes...........

I think it's more to do with KEA improving and looking more like the player PL expected when he signed him.

I like Sylla and would like to see him play more, but I cannot knock PL for currently selecting Delph or KEA over him.

Was about to write that he looks better than most of our midfielders and that he has that extra confidence in his game, then... well, forget it.

Except that extremely poor pass that made their 4th goal, he made some nice turns and runs upfield, some nice passes with pace out to our wingers etc.

Delph - Westwood - Sylla for me, just keep the inept KEA out of the team.

I don't think he's particularly good, not yet anyway, he shows flashes of what he can do and will then do something to make you doubt him. He has quite a way to go before he's the finished article.

I think Lambert realises this, hence the reason he hasn't been starting him much so far.

Good at breaking up the play up but that's it. Westwood is  far better passer of the ball,. I don't like Sylla and KEA in the same side.

I disagree, he gained a lot of confidence throughout the Spurs game. In the second half he was pushing the ball past opposition players and spraying some nice balls out to the wing. Certainly showed some good ability that should put him into contention for a starting spot tomorrow.

• Like 1

I don't mind him playing if KEA doesn't play, but not both in the same side please. In the first half against spurs we were truly awful in midfield. No creativity whatsoever.

I agree that the ideal midfield probably sees one or the other playing. On their day, Westwood and Delph represent our 2 best midfield options, undoubtedly. But both Sylla and KEA have shown themselves to be valuable assets at times over the past 6 months. For this weekend atleast, I think they're going to have to play together.

I don't mind him playing if KEA doesn't play, but not both in the same side please. In the first half against spurs we were truly awful in midfield. No creativity whatsoever.

I agree that the ideal midfield probably sees one or the other playing. On their day, Westwood and Delph represent our 2 best midfield options, undoubtedly. But both Sylla and KEA have shown themselves to be valuable assets at times over the past 6 months. For this weekend atleast, I think they're going to have to play together.

great we are going to spend the entire game chasing the ball then

What alternative would you prefer?

What alternative would you prefer?

Could we just give Yaya a Villa Shirt at the start of the game and we'll give them one of our midfielders.

Â