Paul Lambert

Pilchard

" too many elementary mistakes this season"

and what woudl those be?

Wrong formation choices and building a very inexperienced defence.

Has made poor substitutions or failed to react to opposition changes which have played a part in us not being able to hold onto leads or struggling to get back into games when behind.

Agree with your last point that we have just enough to survive but if we don't, i'm not sure it's right to give Lambert another year based solely on how many managers we've had in a short space of time.

Have to agree.

If we're relegated then he's massively failed and contributed to potentially damaging the long term future of the club.

Has to be replaced IMO if we end up relegated.

Agree with your last point that we have just enough to survive but if we don't, i'm not sure it's right to give Lambert another year based solely on how many managers we've had in a short space of time.

Have to agree.

If we're relegated then he's massively failed and contributed to potentially damaging the long term future of the club.

Has to be replaced IMO if we end up relegated.

I would agree that it is a failure if we are relegated but even then I don't beleive that PL would face the chop. Either way he would need to start at the top of the championship or mid-table in the prem to maintain support

Edited by VillaCas

" too many elementary mistakes this season"

and what woudl those be?

Wrong formation choices and building a very inexperienced defence.

Has made poor substitutions or failed to react to opposition changes which have played a part in us not being able to hold onto leads or struggling to get back into games when behind.

I'd add to that 'BJ10' poor preparation at the start of the season.

What i mean is identifying how to get the best out of whats already at the club by the end of pre-season and supplementing that with the right signings to play in the most effective system to suit the players available.

He got that badly wrong and then took far too long to rectify it.

interesting that guy who was 1st choice Solskjaer is now bottom of the Norweigan league with zero wins in 6 games this season

This is when we will see whether he is a good manager or not. Maybe he will win the next 6 games....

For every argument that is pro to Lambert, saying we are an attacking side is just bewildering.

We are NOT an attacking side, we do not play attacking and/or possession football. We kind of play the counter at times, but that is mostly because we are always under pressure and because we cannot seem to score in established attack. This of course due to lack of good passers in the side, lack of clever runs and lack of players inside the right half of the pitch.

Time and time again pundits from the UK to Scandinavia name us amongst the most dull sides in the league, and that is for a reason. Lambert can say what he wants in terms of us being an attacking side, but you have to walk the walk as well. We have scored 36 goals, only a few teams have scored less - and we have let in a massive 63 goals.

I respect every well put argument towards Lambert, but saying a positive side this season is our attacking play is not one of them. Better than McLeish? If we saw every game and didn't know who managed the side these two seasons I doubt many would see a difference.

Nonsense - In fact many pundits are saying that they hope we stay up

If being named as one of the most dull sides in the league is happening time and time again perhaps you can provide a link to one of your many examples

Yes bar the usual defeats and silly mistakes i have quite enjoyed watching Villas style of play this year.  In the past, i agree we havent been good to watch, but this season we have IMO

Great result, deserves top credit - look at Lowton, Benteke, Sylla there today - superb stuff. And even his Vlaar scored a goal! Although that random duck at 4-1 was a bit weird. But still, signings coming into - Bennett and Guzan played well too, all round have to be chuffed with it, he had them playing with really intensity out there - impressively so especially in the second half -I was expecting us to be a bit cautious, but they were rewarded for coming out the blocks. 

Look forward to more of those Sylla esque signings in the summer peppered with the odd Benteke. 

Great result, deserves top credit - look at Lowton, Benteke, Sylla there today - superb stuff. And even his Vlaar scored a goal! Although that random duck at 4-1 was a bit weird. But still, signings coming into - Bennett and Guzan played well too, all round have to be chuffed with it, he had them playing with really intensity out there - impressively so especially in the second half -I was expecting us to be a bit cautious, but they were rewarded for coming out the blocks.

Look forward to more of those Sylla esque signings in the summer peppered with the odd Benteke.

Lambert needs to get our German scout back... I dont care offer him a fortune. Be money well spent

I've given him some stick this season.

But every one of his signings tonight were brilliant.

If tonight is the future under lambert then sign me up.

:hooray:

EDIT: When I have been defending him all season it was because I really do think he can turn us around. 

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 1

Time and patience are 2 things in short supply in todays game, but surely now, since the 2nd half of of the Newc game, fans can see that Lambo is getting there and if proof were needed, then tonight's it. Ok, it may be 2 steps forward and 1 back but it's progress nevertheless.

Lambert needs to get our German scout back... I dont care offer him a fortune. Be money well spent

Has he definitely gone? Haven't seen this anywhere...

Has he definitely gone? Haven't seen this anywhere...

Not sure, i thought he had