Paul Lambert

Pilchard

What I can't understand - tonight Delph, whose been one of better players recently. Hes one booking away from missing the two most crucial games of the season......with the game probably gone .....why on earth not sub him ?  .....then he gets booked in the 93rd .......

I try to defend Lambert but that's rank amateur IMO

He's tactically clueless.

You're tactically clueless. Funny that is what he is reputedly not clueless about. 

Err what?

What Smetrov said has nothing to do with tactics, and you come up with that nonsense. I rate Lambert, I think he's the best manager we've had in ages. The job he's got to do with the finances and how we've been and the squad he inherited is one of the most difficult out there. We'll be ok long term with him and I think we've got a very good chance of staying up. I've seen every game this season and apart from over christmas we are not as bad as people make out.

In my opinion some of you guys can't help a moan and you come up with some proper tripe, over and over and over. It's boring. Support the **** team. We played well today against Man City - we weren't amazing but there's enough going on at the moment that makes me think that we'd all be better off trying to be positive and getting behind the team until they come out of what has been a tough period for a young team, who are learning and improving. 

Yes it is. Tactics isn't just about formations.

Best manager we've had in ages? Why do people keep saying this? What is the appeal with Paul Lambert?

I don't believe anyone here isn't supporting the team. Jesus Christ Lambert is not the club. Criticising him isn't criticism of the club in general.

I know you think you're supporting the team, but I wonder why you feel the need to slate Lambert after a good performance against the champions - losing to a goal like the one we lost to? 

Pay attention: I am questioning why the **** you need to come on and slate Lambert in this period where we have been improving? 

I base how I rate Lambert on what he did with Norwich, and I don't think he's become a bad manager in half a season. I don't think the tactically adept Norwich manager is now clueless - I think we were in a mess, which is his job to sort out now, but it is still ongoing. This was never going to get fixed easy and it's going to take a bit of patience and we're going to push it close this season (as we have the last two seasons too, with more players) 

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 2

What I can't understand - tonight Delph, whose been one of better players recently. Hes one booking away from missing the two most crucial games of the season......with the game probably gone .....why on earth not sub him ?  .....then he gets booked in the 93rd .......

He's tactically clueless.

You're tactically clueless. Funny that is what he is reputedly not clueless about. 

Err what?

What Smetrov said has nothing to do with tactics, and you come up with that nonsense. I rate Lambert, I think he's the best manager we've had in ages. The job he's got to do with the finances and how we've been and the squad he inherited is one of the most difficult out there. We'll be ok long term with him and I think we've got a very good chance of staying up. I've seen every game this season and apart from over christmas we are not as bad as people make out.

In my opinion some of you guys can't help a moan and you come up with some proper tripe, over and over and over. It's boring. Support the **** team. We played well today against Man City - we weren't amazing but there's enough going on at the moment that makes me think that we'd all be better off trying to be positive and getting behind the team until they come out of what has been a tough period for a young team, who are learning and improving. 

Yes it is. Tactics isn't just about formations.

Best manager we've had in ages? Why do people keep saying this? What is the appeal with Paul Lambert?

I don't believe anyone here isn't supporting the team. Jesus Christ Lambert is not the club. Criticising him isn't criticism of the club in general.

I know you think you're supporting the team, but I wonder why you feel the need to slate Lambert after a good performance against the champions - losing to a goal like the one we lost to? 

Pay attention: I am questioning why the **** you need to come on and slate Lambert in this period where we have been improving? 

I base how I rate Lambert on what he did with Norwich, and I don't think he's become a bad manager in half a season. I don't think the tactically adept Norwich manager is now clueless - I think we were in a mess, which is his job to sort out now, but it is still ongoing. This was never going to get fixed easy and it's going to take a bit of patience and we're going to push it close this season (as we have the last two seasons too, with more players) 

I am supporting the team. You can disagree with me criticising St Paul all you like but don't question start questioning my support of the team based on that.

Pay attention: It isn't the losing by a goal that I was complaining about.

Lambert's performance at Norwich is irrelevant. Even with the constraints placed on him he has still done a poor job at Villa and I think it's very sad that anyone coming out against him is having their support for the team questioned. Is it Aston Villa people support or is it Paul Lambert?

Dont really see what he could have done different today instead of maybe starting Ireland or Bannan. Lambert hasnt done a great job but is it his fault Clark fell on the ball and City scored.

Should we be expecting to beat a team when Tevez probably cost more than our starting Xi combined

Should we be expecting to beat a team when Tevez probably cost more than our starting Xi combined

Not expect to beat.

Maybe expect to create just one decent chance from open play.

Also i think the continued criticism of the manager is not based just on tonights game,

You didn't expect to beat man city so you have no issue with him.

I didn't expect him to make us much worse than last season so i do.

Problem is we won't be competitive against Reading and QPR. Neither Lambert nor the players have the mental strength in the games that really count.

I also think mental strength is something Lambert is doing well with. The shit he has to put right! He's got a philosophy and he's sticking with it. Going with the youth, he's stood by that. There's nothing wrong with his mental strength. You say such needless, sad sad things. We were good tonight. Stop being a dick. Support the team. 

Clearly not. There's sticking to your guns and then there's just being stubborn. Lambert appears to be the latter. Sorry if I don't buy into this cult of personality.

Support the team? Since when is criticising Lambert not supporting the team? Jesus **** Christ it's **** pathetic that anyone criticisng St Paul is automatically being accused of "not supporting the team".

Here you go. You wondered what sticks I was talking about. You've made a straw man out of them.

Problem is we won't be competitive against Reading and QPR. Neither Lambert nor the players have the mental strength in the games that really count.

I also think mental strength is something Lambert is doing well with. The shit he has to put right! He's got a philosophy and he's sticking with it. Going with the youth, he's stood by that. There's nothing wrong with his mental strength. You say such needless, sad sad things. We were good tonight. Stop being a dick. Support the team. 

Clearly not. There's sticking to your guns and then there's just being stubborn. Lambert appears to be the latter. Sorry if I don't buy into this cult of personality.

Support the team? Since when is criticising Lambert not supporting the team? Jesus **** Christ it's **** pathetic that anyone criticisng St Paul is automatically being accused of "not supporting the team".

Here you go. You wondered what sticks I was talking about. You've made a straw man out of them.

Are you going to respond to my point or are you just going to be patronising?

was 1-0. game was never lost to take off our best players

I just would have really popped sylla on for 20 mins - the worst that could happen - we loose 2-0 or maybe 3-0 ?

As it is we lost anyway, and lost a key player for 2 crucial matches.

Taken our best player off with 20 minutes to go where we were pushing forward for an equaliser? Holy shit, I wouldn't have liked to have seen the fallout on here after doing that. I assume you would have supported the decision though.

I bet lambo says individual error but can't fault the players effort and we playing well

Doesn't matter if we play well if get zero **** points each week

in fairness he wouldnt be far wrong from tonights performance. was one of our better performances this season

Not expect to beat.

Maybe expect to create just one decent chance from open play.

Also i think the continued criticism of the manager is not based just on tonights game,

You didn't expect to beat man city so you have no issue with him.

I didn't expect him to make us much worse than last season so i do.

we had a shot cleared off teh line, weimann volley and should have had a penalty and also another wrongly disallowed gabby chance

Not sure what point you're referring to, or where I've been patronising.

How's your cat by the way? You know, the one 'Lamebert' ran over.

A corner, one of many hopeful balls crossed into the box from ridiculous angles and a pass into benteke with his back to goal.

Yes the cutting edge to create a decent chance from open play was evident tonight.

How many saves did Joe Hart make?

We've now conceded the same amount of goals as we did all of last season. God knows what our goals conceded number will look like at the end of the year.

Well you've just been patronising yet again.

Oh I've never had a cat. How bad are those dodgy pictures? You know, the one's Lambert's blackmailing you with.

See, I can play this game too.

We are paying for our lack of experience and small depth to our squad.

What Lambert could do was goverened by economics and, yes he could of done things differenty. But he was given no support in trying to correct those mistakes during January, effectively being hung out to dry.

This club was in a big mess well before Lambert which is born out by the fact that nobody would touch us with a barge pole. Lambert had the guts to give it ago and has had to deal with a bunch of idiots that run the club. What im trying to say is, Lambert is not blameless, but our anger needs to be pointed elsewhere.

And in any case, Lerner no longer cares, so with that, Lambert stays whether we like it or not. If Lerner is still here in the summer, then i confidently predict  that Lambert will see what budget he has before walking out, and that will happen whatever division we are in.

Lerner and Lambert are already on that collision cause.

Scenario: Delph gets subbed off after 70 minutes and we go on to lose 3 or 4 nil, then gets booked in the first half at Reading next week... is Lambert still the devil incarnate for not subbing him today?

We've now conceded the same amount of goals as we did all of last season. God knows what our goals conceded number will look like at the end of the year.

Our three worst defensive performances (in terms of goals conceded) since1995/6 when the premier league went down to 38 clubs have been

59 goals - 2010/11

55 goals - 2005/6

53 goals - 2011/12

So we are strongly at risk of setting a new and unwelcome record. I really didn't  think things could get any worse defensive-wise than under Houllier but there you go.

Well you've just been patronising yet again.

Oh I've never had a cat. How bad are those dodgy pictures? You know, the one's Lambert's blackmailing you with.

See, I can play this game too.

This is like watching Mantis vs Morpheus/Bigjohn/Packbuddies 5 months ago. Except that Matnis is Morpheus, and darrenm and praisedmambo are Mantis.

Twilight Zone.

Paul Lambert being blamed for Delphs Yellow is laughable.

Also, the belief that we are going to struggle because Delph isnt in the team is laughable. We will struggle with him.

A truly woeful team - who have no idea how to do the basics. Lost count of the amount of Cruyff turns Delph tried to do in silly positions. Add to that Clark and Lowton thinking their Franz Beckenbauer. Lost count of the amount of times Westwood, Gabby and Nzog just gave the ball away. Have to be fair on this one, Loss count on the amount of times Andi looked lost. 

Misplaced passes when no challenge is imminent

crosses that are just blind kicks into the box

Amateur defending

And that corner sums us up. 92 minutes gone, 1-0 down and the we cant even put the ball in play.

Some of the poorest players in one of the poorest teams I have ever seen at this level. 

His signings havent worked, but after that, its hard to point the finger at Lambert when we have players on thousands of pounds a week - once again unable to perform the very basic football techniques.

• Like 1

We passed the ball ok at times but too often we ran into blind alleys or just hadn't got the creativity or nous to play a killer ball through the City defence. We ended up crossing hit and hope balls into the box for Benteke to win.

We also don't play with any real urgency and seemed sluggish on the ball last night. Lambert needs to fire them up and get them fighting harder in the remaining games, especially the next two where the opposition are going to be well up for it.

I am not convinced by Lambert as a manager. He's had a lot of dross to work with but then again, he brought the full backs in and he also bought a couple of the midfielders. Delph and N'Zogbia have been our best midfielders of late but I hope we don't get carried away by that. They are probably after improved contracts!

My biggest concern has been the defensive side of our team. The same mistakes over and over without any signs of improvement for so long. That's Lambert's biggest failing for me so far. Closely followed by losing the plot in the second half of the Bradford home tie, which was Sunday league hoofball at best.