Paul Lambert

Pilchard

If Lambert is intentionally blanking the Evening Mail or if he's been instructed to then that is a **** disgrace.

They'll be blanking WM next who had Brian Doogan on last night (came out with some real bull shit) and have said they are working in getting Faulkner & or Lerner on over the next week to take questions from the fans.

If anybody sees dumb and dumber walking along the canals of the mail box to wm studios...

Please feel free to give them a dead leg and push the words removed in!..

Shocked by the amount of personal attacks I've seen on the manager, regardless of how he's performing. At the end of the day, he's trying his damnedest, but having little success on the field.

Another thing that's pissing me off is Kendrick, suddenly rounding on the manager. All season he supported the defeatist methods of McLeish, just because they were pally pally. Sickening really his behaviour.

Nonsense. Just because someone is trying their hardest doesn't mean it's good enough. Also, having a go at the only bloke on the only newspaper actually having a go for us? And I suppose you defend his pathetic, childish blanking of him yesterday? Pathetic.

Lamentable Lambert has done nothing wrong!!!!!  Are you joking.

This the clown that's been given £17-20M to build on a poor team & rather than recognising the blindingly obvious weaknesses in the team has wasted the money on buying lots of poor players.  Granted, Benteke is good & Westwood shows promise BUT Lowton's OK but nothing special, Bennett's a disgrace & can't defend (a bit of an oversight when buying a defender), Bowery's OK but we don't need any more strikers & the others are reserves.  For God's Sake Lambert what we needed was another decent CH & a DCM.  Wake up and play Warnock at LB we're paying his wages and he can at least tackle & doesn't look like a rabbit caught in the headlights.  Also, why sell a centre half who can head the ball when we haven't got a decent pool of CH's to replace him - surprise, surprise a CH has got injured & we have to play with Clark who can't win a header & is way out of his depth.

I'm not a fan of McLeish but we would not be in this position if he was still in charge.  Lambert has presided over the worst run of form in the club's history.  The clown started to believe his own publicity - the new MON, Brian Clough - you must be joking!

No prizes for guessing what we'll hear about 10pm on Tuesday night - "There's two ways you can take it........... We'll come out fighting........."  Yea, Yea, Yea

I think this debate between "is it Randy or Lambert" will run & run lol!

The problem here is that it's surely clear that Lambert had been told that the likes of Cuellar, Collins, Warnock etc were to be culled to reduce wages. As for midfield i think due to the timing of his appointment he had very little time to accurately assess the squad "under pressure" & indeed maybe over estimated our strength in both defence & midfield.. although it's clear he is now, having had some proper time & matches to assess things,  well aware that we need work but he's had the finances to do that work severed from above.. Lets not forget he only had half a summer to try to sort this mess before the season started... Thats not a lot of time & it was obvious that certain issues would become apparent in his first half season here... Thing is he has now had the rug pulled.. so really there is no way he has had enough chance to assess properly or been given any opportunity to do anything about it now that he is no doubt aware of what we need much more clearly.

The fact is that from the signings he has made Bowery, Benteke, Vlaar & Lowton have all done ok. Holman wasn't his signing anyway & really the only problem is the Left back situation... Thats not a bad ratio to me.

I think what we are forgetting is that this squad was decimated (yet again) in the summer including most of our remaining experienced heads. Add to that the loss of the club captain Petrov ( the player who very significantly would be the solution to our DM problem if able) Then the injury to one our hottest prospects... in midfield... in Gary Gardner... then the Makoun fiasco even Heskey was playing in there last season which highlights just how desperate we were in that department even then.

So is it any wonder we are so weak in midfield?

As for defence well thats easy

You can't lose Cuellar, Collins, Dunne, Warnock & Hutton all in one go, replace them with Vlaar, Stephens, Bennett & Lowton & expect anything other than problems. Thats 5 very experienced & established Premiership players most of whom are

internationals & who were themselves conceding an average of 2 goals per game..... So we replace them with rookies lol!... Only gonna go one way!

I see Paul Lambert as having a jigsaw puzzle which has some key pieces missing & which also has some pieces which are actually from a completely different puzzle altogether so no matter how hard he tries to fit them in they simply won't fit together properly... This is the problem regarding tactics maybe.. Whichever tactics he uses doesn't suit one area of the team as is evident in the fact that when we attack we are vulnerable & when we defend we have no threat....

Maybe another manager would find a way who knows? Lambert has had the weakest ever Villa squad handed to him with a brief to decimate it still further.. The 20m was nowhere near enough to repair the damage inflicted over the last 3 seasons.. No wonder it got spread so thinly. I actually think it's remarkable that he found us 3 or 4 good players with that & it was just inevitable that some of them would not work quite so well... Although they may yet come good don't forget. But this was still nowhere near enough.

Over the last 2 years we have lost the services of

Emile Heskey------------------------free

Alan Hutton (Ousted)

Steven Warnock (ousted)

Stilian Petrov (ill)

James Collins-----------------------2.8m

Carlos Cuellar----------------------free

Jean Makoun (loaned)------------1.3m

Nathan Delfounso (loan)

Jermaine Jenas (end of loan)

Habib Beye--------------------------free

Gary Gardner (serious injury)

John Carew-----------------------free

Ashley Young --------------------£15.8m

Stewart Downing-----------------£20m

luke Young------------------------£1m

Brad Freidel----------------------free

Nigel Reo Coker-----------------free

Robert Pirez----------------------released

Michael Bradley----------------- (end of loan)

Moustapha Salifou--------------free

Isaiah Osbourne-----------------free

total: 41.8m

in the season previous with Milners departure etc it was 25m from transfers so £66.8m since MON left.

How much have we spent on transfers in that period? approx 72.7m!! so altogether a spend of 1.9m per season!! So much for the 20m myth!!

Thats 21 players with 1st team experience we have lost/sold by the way!! I havn't included the others!!

Edited by danceoftheshamen

When Lambert walks, who on here calling for him to go, has confidence in the "board" actually finding a replacement that will keep us up, and work under the same restrictions as Lambert?

Hands up all those who think everything will get better, because i see things only getting worse with/or without Lambert.

Thats not me backing him btw, just being realistic.

It's not that people think everything will suddenly get better without Lambert, but under a new manager we might as least show a bit of fight and perform better. At the moment we're on a continuous slide and Lambert's "we go again" approach is doing absolutely nothing to stop it. A new manager would probably have a bit more tactical sense than Lambert as well which always helps.

Edited by Mantis

When Lambert walks, who on here calling for him to go, has confidence in the "board" actually finding a replacement that will keep us up, and work under the same restrictions as Lambert?

Hands up all those who think everything will get better, because i see things only getting worse with/or without Lambert.

Thats not me backing him btw, just being realistic.

the restrictions on wages aren't helping, but he didn't seem to have too many restrictions on transfer budget over the summer. he just wasted most of it on future players, while we needed present day palyers.

A new manager usually gives a fresh start to many players and gives an new morale, something we could do with right now. the whole 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 system Lambert's playing obviously isn't working, but he continues to use it. add to that his stubborn ways with certain players (Bent, Warnock, Ireland stay out mostly, Bennett, Bannan stay on even if they don't perfom at all).

Lambart has had a lot of credit, but there is no sign of improvement. Because Lerner has not done anything, we might as well stick it out. Even if a new coach were appointed today, how is he possibly going to sign new players that are worth signing in 5 days.

We can only hope there is some luck coming our way in the next few games, because we're not going to do it on talent, incoming transfers or tactical approach. Let's hope reading and wigan continue to screw up as much as we do, QPR not to find form and that newcastle can't fit in their new players in time.

Lambert really spunked that summer money buying either crap players or players we didn't need. I'd argue the £8m spunked on Benteke for instance should have been prioritised on a replacement for Petrov or someone better to partner Vlaar .

The deluded **** even uses his sisters new house extension that she's not happy with as a comparison with the nightmare that's happening at our place?

Stupid word removed singing from Lerners hymn sheet.

Edited by villadude

I hate Lambert as much as anyone but the Benteke signing can't be attacked at all. One of the only positives of Lambert's nightmare tenure.

My point was did we need another CF as a priority when we have Bent ??

That was a good chunk of the budget and for me DCM and CB were much more of a priority aswell as 2 decent FB's

I think this debate between "is it Randy or Lambert" will run & run lol!

Emile Heskey------------------------free

Alan Hutton (Ousted)

Steven Warnock (ousted)

Stilian Petrov (ill)

James Collins-----------------------2.8m

Carlos Cuellar----------------------free

Jean Makoun (loaned)------------1.3m

Nathan Delfounso (loan)

Jermaine Jenas (end of loan)

Habib Beye--------------------------free

Gary Gardner (serious injury)

John Carew-----------------------free

Ashley Young --------------------£15.8m

Stewart Downing-----------------£20m

luke Young------------------------£1m

Brad Freidel----------------------free

Nigel Reo Coker-----------------free

Robert Pirez----------------------released

Michael Bradley----------------- (end of loan)

Moustapha Salifou--------------free

Isaiah Osbourne-----------------free

total: 41.8m

in the season previous with Milners departure etc it was 25m from transfers so £66.8m since MON left.

How much have we spent on transfers in that period? approx 72.7m!! so altogether a spend of 1.9m per season!! So much for the 20m myth!!

Thats 21 players with 1st team experience we have lost/sold by the way!! I havn't included the others!!

What £20m myth? 

and yeah 21 players, 7 of whom were ever good enough to wear the shirt and 3 of those I actually miss when I think of it. but what's the point? you want Heskey, Beye and Harewood back? 

Moaning about the Benteke signing is stupid as he has been one of our best players this season. The money spent on Bennett and KEA could have been used better though..

Agree wholeheartedly with the sentiments re. Bennett & KEA and would also include Bowery (although I think he looks quite useful).  Benteke has been good and it's great to see a proper No 9 at last after watching Heskey on the wings.  But the point is that Lambert was given a reasonable amount of money to target on improvement which he has undoubtedly spent in the wrong areas.  Now that's not Learner's, Faulkner's or anyone else's fault - it's solely down to lamentable Lambert.

It's clear one of the big problems is Kea's lack of form/injury. Coupled with Dunne's injury which dragged & dragged.

The Bent thing is a mystery though.. I mean was Lambert told pre season he only had "x" amount of games he could play him due to this rumoured "appearance clause" or something? Hence he had the necessity to buy Benteke? Guess we'll never know though you could be forgiven for thinking it may all be part of this wage slashing thing.

Agree wholeheartedly with the sentiments re. Bennett & KEA and would also include Bowery (although I think he looks quite useful).  Benteke has been good and it's great to see a proper No 9 at last after watching Heskey on the wings.  But the point is that Lambert was given a reasonable amount of money to target on improvement which he has undoubtedly spent in the wrong areas.  Now that's not Learner's, Faulkner's or anyone else's fault - it's solely down to lamentable Lambert.

Given Lambert's obvious remit to re-structure the entire squad, I don't think he was given much money at all. We spent around £21m net in the summer to bring in what? 7 players? That's £3m a player so we were hardly in a position to sign quality. I really don't think Lambert was in a position to spend that on 2-3 players given what the board wanted him to do viz. all the perceived expensive 'dead wood' that we had/have.