Paul Lambert

Pilchard

If Vlaar is doing the presser because Lambert doesn't want to answer any questions then that is outrageous and very cowardly.

And last straw for the players, if he put up Vlaar to do presser and is hiding then I can bet on that he loses the dressing room.

He's already faced the **** press last night straight after the game, just like Vlaar did. Lambert may be many things, but he certainly isn't a coward.

I cannot stand our fans at times, I really can't. Any chance at all to jump on the manager or players' back...

Edited by adz.villa
  • Like 3

I will defend Lambert on this, none of us know the reasons why, he may well be going somewhere to sort out a deal for someone or watch a player. However if it turns out he isnt then yeah he should be doing the presser but you cant slag him off by guessing.

And what if it's personal problems? Is he still a coward then?

Did you not read the tweet?

Mat Kendrick@MatKendrick

Wouldn't read too much into Vlaar doing the presser. Probably because the manager doesn't particularly fancy facing questions right now...

If he just doesn't feel like it, then i really don't think it's personal problems. From that tweet it sounds like he just can't be bothered.

Edited by Daniel

I still believe Lambert will turn out to be a good Villa manager but equally I absolutely expected far more from him to date - As you know my thoughts are that the worry is not that Lambert is a bad manager but that he is a decent manager and yet we are still in a mess.

From me, Hughes, RDM, Adkins etc would not be the answer. Rednapp also seems to me at least as someone who needs a decent transfer pot to make an impact

I'm not ITK but did hear a few things from a couple of very reliable sources concerning Lambert's purchases in the summer, his ability to play certain existing players and the lack of funding to do anything this window which matches with your thoughts.

For me although Lambert is having a terrible time of things he is at least standing up and facing the criticism - I'd like to hear direct from RL or PF about what their plans are for the club

3 or 4 new players needed or we are doomed

I agree with some of it but I'm not having my club lectured to by a cock like him

I don't think we're ever going to totally agree on the abilities of Lambert, although i do very much welcome your acceptance that he should be doing a lot better at the moment.

If my information is correct and i have no reason to doubt it, i am also willing to accept that the job of managing Aston Villa Football Club at the moment is is difficult and near on impossible to get us challenging anywhere near the top eight.

That has actually been my expectation for the club. Top eight and no more than that so of course i am very disappointed where we are at the moment and felt that if we had purchased players that i had mentioned we certainly wouldn't have been struggling as we are now. I now accept that the players i did mention were probably out of our reach but i still can't quite get my head around the bid for Dempsey if players on a free were not attainable due to wages in the region of 40 grand? Something not quite right there and i don't believe the bid was put in just to push the Benteke transfer. What if Dempsey had said yes?

That being said, i still feel that if Lambert had to cut his cloth to suit, why not invest in at least one winger should it have been Snodgrass to supply Bent which would have played to our strengths rather than trying to change our style of play on what has possibly turned out to be an impossible budget?

Lambert's tactics also have to be questioned and they have been by far more knowledgable posters than i and i simply don't think he has set the team up to get the best out of what we have at the club.

Its just a complete mess at the moment and its hard to see what can be done if Lerner isn't going to invest in our safety.

He's already faced the **** press last night straight after the game, just like Vlaar did. Lambert may be many things, but he certainly isn't a coward.

I cannot stand our fans at times, I really can't. Any chance at all to jump on the manager or players' back...

We aren't talking about last night, I thought we get up and we go again? Isn't that the Lambert slogan? We have another game on Friday, the press conference is a PRE-match press conference for the Millwall game. Yes, the press will ask about last night, of course they will, and yes they'll ask Lambert if he feels his job is still secure and yes they'll ask if he wants to make any signings.

I have no issue with Vlaar doing it, I applaud him if he has put himself up to do it, but I am not at all happy with it if it's simply because Lambert doesn't want to answer questions. What kind of message does that send to the players? If you don't feel like dealing with an issue then just ignore it?

Yes Mr. Lambert, we did lose on aggregate and fans are angry and the press will ask you questions that you may not want to hear but guess what, YOU PICK YOURSELF UP AND YOU GO AGAIN!

Edited by samjp26

Lambert a coward? He might be a few things but a coward certainly isn't one of them. As someone said maybe he's putting his efforts into securing a player or two.

Not attending a pre-match conference because you don't feel like it after what happened last night isn't cowardly?