Paul Lambert

Pilchard

In some respects I am inclined to agree with this. However I am starting to have serious concerens regarding Lambert and his inability to organise our defence. Game after game we make the same errors.

There is little doubt that he hasn't yet been given the backing required to put this club back on a sound footing. However he inherited enough and has spent enough to be able to ensure we are not getting anihilated by Spurs and Chelsea, embarrassed by Wigan, Bradford, Southampton (away) and not to be finding ourselves with the worst goals scored and conceded record in the league.

Yeah that sums my feelings up as well. The results over Christmas have done it for me, Lambert should have been making us hard to beat after the Chelsea game, keeping it tight and organised and rebuilding the teams confidence, but we followed that up with 4-0 and 3-0 losses at home which is unforgiveable. I was unsure over Roberto Martinez when he was linked to our job (mainly because of the 9-0 at Spurs), but he got a reaction from his team in the matches following that hammering. We have just had embarrasment after embarrasment in the last 4-5 weeks. I haven't felt this low about Villa since the relegation season in '86. This season has many similarities with that one, ie the over reliance on youth etc.

We have been crying out for a strong defensive minded midfielder to sit in front of the back four offering protection for years, and for some unknown reason we haven't addressed that issue which leaves us open to being outmuscled regularly and opened up at the back. Lambert's only credit against his name so far is the signing of Benteke and maybe Westwood, other than those two, his signings have been rather average.

I really hope Lambert proves me wrong, but I have serious concerns now after the last 6 weeks that, 1. He even knows how to turn things around, 2. He has built a team that lacks talent and backbone for the fight.

Ron Vlaar doing the pre-match press conference tomorrow according to Mat Kendrick, Lambert in hiding? Or is it because he won't be our manager tomorrow? Mat says not to read into it too much, but it's hard not to.

Ron Vlaar doing the pre-match press conference tomorrow according to Mat Kendrick, Lambert in hiding? Or is it because he won't be our manager tomorrow? Mat says not to read into it too much, but it's hard not to.

I have asked the question to Timothy Abraham on the current E&S webchat. Still in moderation so will be interesting to see if it gets an answer.

Either Lambert's going, working on a transfer or he's just a pathetic coward.

Hopefully one of the first 2. Also full credit Vlaar. One of the only people connected to the club I don't despise right now.

Edited by Mantis

Either Lambert's going, working on a transfer or he's just a pathetic coward.

Hopefully one of the first 2. Also full credit Vlaar. One of the only people connected to the club I don't despise right now.

Agreed. Vlaar and Benteke are the 2 players I'd be disappointed to see leave from last night's starting 11. Vlaar would be much better without a bunch of inexperienced over-hyped kids alongside him.

Edited by jacketspuds

Lambert needs to come out and face the press after that disgrace. He panicked last night and lost his grip on that tie. Now he hasn't got the bollocks to come and face the press and in effect address the fans.

It may not be unusual for this to happen HOWEVER the timing is highly inappropriate as he has not done this before this season....or has he?

• Like 1

To be honest I'd rather hear from Vlaar as he's the one man I could see spurring on some victories now. Good chance he put himself forward to do it too.

I would rather hear from Vlaar as well as I understand English pretty good. Unlike the language Lambert speaks I mean, what language is it really? Makes Alex Ferguson sound like a Londoner

Spot on, couldnt have said it better myself. One of the world class DM's of his day. Ask any Dortmund fan what they think not to mention Celtic.

I thought dortmund got shot of him after just one season? I didn't think he did too well in Germany. however i fail to see what his playing career has to do with his managerial career anyway. I wouldnt say he was world class, he was a pretty good player granted.

Lambert needs to come out and face the press after that disgrace. He panicked last night and lost his grip on that tie. Now he hasn't got the bollocks to come and face the press and in effect address the fans.

It may not be unusual for this to happen HOWEVER the timing is highly inappropriate as he has not done this before this season....or has he?

He probably needed some time. I think he may have come very close to jacking it all in after the game.