Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Ha if you didnt intend to offend you wouldn't have asked the question. The post made perfect sense and you know that.

Actually I genuinely wanted to know. Unlike some people I am not afraid to ask if I want to know something.

Please don't attempt to second guess me. It doesn't do you any favours.

Actually I genuinely wanted to know. Unlike some people I am not afraid to ask if I want to know something.

Please don't attempt to second guess me. It doesn't do you any favours.

In that case please accept my sincerest apologies. No offence intended. Your level of English must be of a very high standard if the post in question appeared as if it had been translated through a website. Although the grammar wasn't the greatest I would be very impressed if the poster is writing in his second language or spent time translating his thoughts.

I know many people born and bred in the UK that couldn't put a few words together let alone write that entire post. Again no offence intended.

In that case please accept my sincerest apologies. No offence intended. Your level of English must be of a very high standard if the post in question appeared as if it had been translated through a website. Although the grammar wasn't the greatest I would be very impressed if the poster is writing in his second language or spent time translating his thoughts.

I know many people born and bred in the UK that couldn't put a few words together let alone write that entire post. Again no offence intended.

No offence taken.

It was mainly the last portion of the post that led me to ask the question.

I agree with you that the grammar wasn't the greatest but then again on a fans forum it rarely is, mine included.

I know we have fans in other parts of the world and who live in the UK but are not originally from the UK and hence why I asked.

No offence taken.

It was mainly the last portion of the post that led me to ask the question.

I agree with you that the grammar wasn't the greatest but then again on a fans forum it rarely is, mine included.

I know we have fans in other parts of the world and who live in the UK but are not originally from the UK and hence why I asked.

Fair enough.

Anyway just to get back on topic I think Lambert should be given until the end of the season but if we get relegated then he probably has to go.

I thought Raymond's post was perfectly clear and made his point in an amusing and telling way.

To be honest, I wrote it while driving. Probably not the best of ideas.

By the by, the horrific run on at the end of your last post Pac is amusing considering the conversation.

Edited by Raymond

Still shows the ball is played in the air a lot to our forward.

And I doubt no other teams have players willing to battle.

But it doesn't show it is played into the air any more often than other teams, just that Benteke challenges a lot for headers.

Not having a go at you here John, and maybe this is me reacting to something I have noticed a lot over the last week or so (and why my ignore list has grown tremendously!), but it's just that frankly I'm pig sick of people who are fans of the club actually taking any opportunity at all to turn anything they can into a negative to have a go at the club. Like I say maybe I read into your comment more than is there but anything can be taken anyway you want really (glass half full or half empty) and this stat about Benteke in aerial duals can show anything.

• Like 1

Is Lambert better than the last two managers? I would like to think so but the league table would suggest otherwise. Lambert has had investment to put into the team, maybe not as much as we would like but he has bought for the future when I'm not sure he has that luxury.

I'm beginning to think that no manager would do well with this ownership. Nevertheless, we can't claim that Lambert is simply a victim of circumstances other than those that he has contributed to himself!

We might hope he is given a proper chance but I doubt he will. But I can't see Di Matteo or his like doing any better!

@OptaJoe: 268 - Christian Benteke has been involved in more aerial duels than any other player in the Premier League this season. Headache.

Long ball team?

He goes back to defend corners, he's the target for each of our attacking corners and all our crosses are aimed at him. That'll bump the stats up for a start. There's not really anyone in the Premier League who you could call a "target man" who has played as much as him either.

Doesn't disprove your question but at least offers a little context.

Is Lambert better than the last two managers? I would like to think so but the league table would suggest otherwise. Lambert has had investment to put into the team, maybe not as much as we would like but he has bought for the future when I'm not sure he has that luxury.

I'm beginning to think that no manager would do well with this ownership. Nevertheless, we can't claim that Lambert is simply a victim of circumstances other than those that he has contributed to himself!

We might hope he is given a proper chance but I doubt he will. But I can't see Di Matteo or his like doing any better!

Is he better than the last two ? In my opinion yes without question. They had better players in the team (well Houllier most definitely and Mcduff had more experience in the team). Plus they had not plan really, no long term vision (again my opinion I suspect those who liked Houllier may disagree and that's fine its up to them) save from fighting fires and the here and now.

Paul Lambert has a long term plan and vision, that much is obvious. It will not be an instant success, may take two years or so until we get there finally , but IMO it is the right way to go as it answers the point you make about "I'm beginning to think that no manager would do well with this ownership" , if any manager or any plan can be successful with this ownership it is the way Lambert is going about it. It is ideally suited to the current philosophy of the owner and , quite frankly, if it doesnt work then we're **** and I would rather support it to work because being **** as a football club is something I would rather not happen

• Like 1

....Paul Lambert has a long term plan and vision, that much is obvious. It will not be an instant success, may take two years or so until we get there finally , but IMO it is the right way to go..

Surely the plan, which, you say is "the right way to go" isn't so much Lambert's plan, as the Club's plan - you know RL/PF and PL all together?

So in other words, the club's plan being the right one is down to Randy and both Pauls and not something which you (anyone) could credibly criticise them for?

And if the plan is right, then the reason we're struggling must be due to the implementation....and the implementation is down to the manager at least as much, if not more than, more than the board?

That seems to be the logical thrust of your comment, doesn't it?

But it doesn't show it is played into the air any more often than other teams, just that Benteke challenges a lot for headers.

Not having a go at you here John, and maybe this is me reacting to something I have noticed a lot over the last week or so (and why my ignore list has grown tremendously!), but it's just that frankly I'm pig sick of people who are fans of the club actually taking any opportunity at all to turn anything they can into a negative to have a go at the club. Like I say maybe I read into your comment more than is there but anything can be taken anyway you want really (glass half full or half empty) and this stat about Benteke in aerial duals can show anything.

Sick of people having a go at the club or sick of people having a to at Lambert?

I agree with what NV said as to Bentekes stats being boosted but for me I still think we rely on hitting it to him long far too much, or just putting a hopeful ball into the area for him to challenge.

Apart from the odd occasion I think the football played this year has been awful and Lambert has to take responsibility for that.