Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I thought we were great first half. We created a number of good chances and West Brom could only muster speculative shots from distance.

We need to be playing well for 90 mins though rather than 45 or we will not be in this league next season.

l

There's a lot more 6 pointers to come. Get Dunne back and avoid injuries until the end of the season I think we will stay up.... Just.

Paul Lambert talking about concentrating on games rather than bringing players in right now and has been saying similar things for the past 2 weeks. Have we got not people to sort out transfers or must Lambert do absolutely everything?

**** it.9

I thought we played some magnificent football today. Lambert got us set up absolutely spot on, we were quick out of the gates and we shell shocked West Brom into submission. Such was our dominance I was almost, almost, confident of victory.

We defended in numbers, looked organised and resolute and we attacked with a pace and guile I've not seen for a long time. Very enjoyable.

West Brom though, they're a good side. They picked themselves up at half time and the strike from Brunt allowed them to take a strangle hold of the game, always the way when you're the home side sniffing a come back. Especially when you're also clearly the better side on paper.

That said but for a couple of injuries that forced our hand I thought we held together well. Gutting of course, again. I'd love a bit of luck to bounce our way. But I can't find much fault with the performance.

I think our form is turning. Roll on Tuesday.

Tend to agree with much of the above.

What was very apparent today though that we lost our focus and concentration. In the second half both Gabby and Benteke didn't hold the ball up as well as they did in the first half. We also didn't get as tight to WBA in the second half either.

It just seems to me that our young players find it hard to focus for ninety minutes and we don't have a leader out there such as Roy Keane to bollock the players when they lose focus on the job they are suppose to be doing.

For me we need two leaders. One in defence and another in midfield.

If Dunne comes back then that's the defence sorted as I'm not sure if Vlaar is vocal enough yet?

However we desperately need to purchase not only a DM but a DM who will organize and hold the respect of our young team.

Hard to find, but we desperately need that leadership and it isn't going to be found in the Championship.

Edited by Morpheus

Bit harsh...

I wouldn't have put it like he put it but after we failed to win today, we should get another manager. Paul Lambert is good at some aspects of management, but when it comes to picking the team, substitutions and tactics, he's getting it wrong.

After losing to Wigan and Southampton and only getting a draw at Swansea today was a must win game and we didn't win.

Manager has to take responsibility for that.

We had a 0 - 2 lead. With that lead at half-time, we should have won the game. What did he say in the team talk?

The decision not to replace Delph, when he got injured, with a ball-winning midfielder (e.g. by moving Clark into midfield) was naive.

Manager has to be better than this tactically in the Premier League.

Tend to agree with much of the above.

What was very apparent today though that we lost our focus and concentration. In the second half both Gabby and Benteke didn't hold the ball up as well as they did in the first half. We also didn't get as tight to WBA in the second half either.

It just seems to me that our young players find it hard to focus for ninety minutes and we don't have a leader out there such as Roy Keane to bollock the players when they lose focus on the job they are suppose to be doing.

For me we need two leaders. One in defence and another in midfield.

If Dunne comes back then that's the defence sorted as I'm not sure if Vlaar is vocal enough yet?

However we desperately need to purchase not only a DM but a DM who will organize and hold the respect of our young team.

Hard to find, but we desperately need that leadership and it isn't going to be found in the Championship.

I too agree with this. If you put our two posts together you've got a decent summary of the game.

I wouldn't have put it like he put it but after we failed to win today, we should get another manager. Paul Lambert is good at some aspects of management, but when it comes to picking the team, substitutions and tactics, he's getting it wrong.

After losing to Wigan and Southampton and only getting a draw at Swansea today was a must win game and we didn't win.

Manager has to take responsibility for that.

We had a 0 - 2 lead. With that lead at half-time, we should have won the game. What did he say in the team talk?

The decision not to replace Delph, when he got injured, with a ball-winning midfielder (e.g. by moving Clark into midfield) was naive.

Manager has to be better than this tactically in the Premier League.

It was naive not moving Clark into midfield? Which would have left us, presumably with a back 3 of who? Lowton, Vlaar, Stevens? Lowton Vlaar Lichaj? It's as bad an option as putting Bannan on, if not worse. West Brom are a good team they're not going to let us win you willy. The squad is poor, there are no decent sub options.

It was naive not moving Clark into midfield? Which would have left us, presumably with a back 3 of who? Lowton, Vlaar, Stevens? Lowton Vlaar Lichaj?

We had five defenders out there.

keeper.png
Guzan

home.png
Lichaj
home.png
Lowton
home.png
Vlaar
home.png
Bennett

home.png
Clark

Obvious.

It's as bad an option as putting Bannan on, if not worse. West Brom are a good team they're not going to let us win you willy. The squad is poor, there are no decent sub options.

Don't patronise... this is fair comment.

Replace Delph with Holman, who you must agree is better defensively than Bannan.

Keep N'Zogbia on who was playing well an you keep playing counter-attack.

Edited by Con

For me the big mistake was to put Holman on. He doesn't hold the ball up, he doesn't control any aspect of the game (he can barely control his own game).

It was like putting on a completely useless midfield version of a disinterested Darren Bent. We were down to ten men the minute he came on.

Ive calmed down a bit now but I want him gone ASAP. We are a joke they nearly won at the end and in every match you just feel the opposition will score. People can say he didnt get the backing he spent 20 million 10 or so of it on league 1 standard players. Please Please sack Lambert Im losing my will to follow this team with him.

he spent 20 million 10 or so of it on league 1 standard players

no he didnt

he spent but a small fraction of that on league 1 standard players (currently only really bennett looks to fit that description)

Edited by P3te

I thought Bennett did ok today. The problem is Lambert has no idea how to organise a defence. No clue that one of the most important positions we needed sorting in the summer was the position he excelled at as a player.

I think he should go because we are even worse this season than under McLeish.

no he didnt

he spent but a small fraction of that on league 1 standard players (currently only really bennett looks to fit that description)

This. The majority of his signings have turned out to be some of our best players this season. Vlaar, Westwood, Benteke, Lowton have been our best players along with Weimann.

• Like 1