Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I can't imagine we do have money issues anymore. Especially if (when?) Bent inevitably leaves. In fact you could say we have our wage bill so much under control that even a relegation wouldn't break us. *cough*

I see what you are saying mate but the team we started with against swansea was

Guzan, Lowton, Clark [c], Bennett, Herd, Weimann, Delph, Stevens, Westwood, Benteke, Albrighton

maybe benteke aside, Is it possible for us to start with a weaker 11 than that?.. Serious question like...

Well, if Lambert regards that as his strongest current 11, the ones he wants to compete in the league (and assuming Vlaar and Baker won't be back for the Southampton game), he should look to the bench he had for the Swansea match. Bowery, Lichaj, Bannan, Ireland, Carruthers, Given and Holman could all start in the cup games, along with perhaps a wild card from the under-21s (Johnson?). I reckon a side with those players wouldn't disgrace us against Bradford or Ipswich.,

Look at that team there.

The most expensive player there is Fabian Delph

Total cost £24M for that team and that is being generous. I do not believe the combined weekly wages for that lot would be much above £120K per week , I cant believe we still have money issues

Problem is we still have CNZ (60k estimated), Ireland (65k), Bent (65k), Given (60k), Hutton (40k), Warnock (45k), Dunne (55k) all still on the books. 7 players all taking up nearly 400k/week on the wage bill, although it's probably closer to 350k/week given the loan deals for Hutton and Warnock. Would be fine if they played every week but they don't. I can only dream about who Lambert could sign with 50% of the total wages made available.

Obviously it's not at simple as that but once those players are out of the club and replaced with players that Lambert wants to utilise each week we will be in much better shape on and off the pitch.

No way should that happen, I understand the league should be priority due to our current shit form but we should be putting out as strong a team as possible for both legs of the Bradford game (don't really care about the FA Cup, we would probably be better off out of that at this point).

Indeed I do think we should play strong teams BUT have them on the bench and bring them on for the fresh legs effect. Carruthers and Williams should play some part as we are down on numbers and they have played once or twice for us already.

Problem is we still have CNZ (60k estimated), Ireland (65k), Bent (65k), Given (60k), Hutton (40k), Warnock (45k), Dunne (55k) all still on the books. 7 players all taking up nearly 400k/week on the wage bill, although it's probably closer to 350k/week given the loan deals for Hutton and Warnock. Would be fine if they played every week but they don't. I can only dream about who Lambert could sign with 50% of the total wages made available.

Obviously it's not at simple as that but once those players are out of the club and replaced with players that Lambert wants to utilise each week we will be in much better shape on and off the pitch.

Problem is that, If you cant pay wages of just 40-50k to 5-6 players in the premier league then the reality of it is...

YOU WONT BE IN THE LEAGUE FOR VERY LONG!

Indeed I do think we should play strong teams BUT have them on the bench and bring them on for the fresh legs effect. Carruthers and Williams should play some part as we are down on numbers and they have played once or twice for us already.

I just think that we shouldn't underestimate what Bradford can do in any way, shape or form. A potential banana skin that I would rather avoid. Especially first leg, if we can get a good lead to take in to the second leg then maybe try Carruthers or Graham etc.

But they're vague, or obvious, statements!

The Trees/Gazton were genuine and posted proper information; not vague nonsense or stuff you could read in any red-top. I never once questioned them.

MM was a charlatan who lived off the days when he used to hear stuff under MON, but he ruined his own reputation by continuing to post crap when he clearly no longer knew anything.

Ever thought it isn't as easy as just coming on with every exact piece of information available. What I've tried to do is give some people an idea of the strategy, the fact the big money many thought/think is there quite simply isn't and a reason why certain things are being done.

It might not be mega exciting stuff but people were throwing around names of Premier League players Lambert should go for and I was simply saying that wouldn't happen. It will be foreign players who arrive. It that doesn't exactly float your boat then that's not my problem but I do, whether you agree or not, have a little information as to what is going on. I think you'll see a player from the Bundesliga arrive if the deal can be done.

Now I didn't join this forum to try and be a smart ass to try and be the man by giving signing information it was more a general view I was trying to put across but since you are such a little doubter I'll have a wee think and see if I can deliver you some exclusive information so you can tell your pals and look wonderful!

Don't be disrespectful!

Problem is that, If you cant pay wages of just 40-50k to 5-6 players in the premier league then the reality of it is...

Who says we can't pay those sorts of wages for 5-6 players?

Ever thought it isn't as easy as just coming on with every exact piece of information available. What I've tried to do is give some people an idea of the strategy, the fact the big money many thought/think is there quite simply isn't and a reason why certain things are being done.

It might not be mega exciting stuff but people were throwing around names of Premier League players Lambert should go for and I was simply saying that wouldn't happen. It will be foreign players who arrive. It that doesn't exactly float your boat then that's not my problem but I do, whether you agree or not, have a little information as to what is going on. I think you'll see a player from the Bundesliga arrive if the deal can be done.

Now I didn't join this forum to try and be a smart ass to try and be the man by giving signing information it was more a general view I was trying to put across but since you are such a little doubter I'll have a wee think and see if I can deliver you some exclusive information so you can tell your pals and look wonderful!

Don't be disrespectful!

What's your best guess of who and how many we will sign?

You mentioned a centre-back and a defensive midfield. What about a creative midfield and another forward?

Any names?

Any truth to the Dale Stephens rumour?

Who may leave in the window?

What you've posted so far has made sense to me - ignore the numbskulls on here. I had some personal knowledge regarding Emile Heskey during his time here which turned out to be true - I posted it and recieved untold abuse

Who says we can't pay those sorts of wages for 5-6 players?

Exactly we are paying top ten wages to a group of players who with the possible exception of Bent could never play for a top ten club and would be lucky to make a championship side

Once these are off our hands I expect that we can be a little more ambitious in the next window

Erm well without thinking to hard about it i would say its...

Our coward of an owner and his little yes man / customer service manager turned CEO :crylaugh:

So because we're trying to get most of the high earners off the books now that doesn't mean we won't put some on at a later date?

Do you not see that this is about value for money? Ireland, Warnock, Hutton, Dunne - all players which are nowhere near good enough for the money they're on. Now that Given has been displaced by Guzan he too isn't value for money either (and I'm not sure he ever was). Even Bent probably just isn't worth it now.

Edited by Mantis

Not entirely sure where your getting this from, or how you have came this conclusion.

Baggies have only recently extended their wage limit to around 40k mark. They are not really struggling this year. Cant imagine Stoke, Newcastle, Swansea, Everton, Fulham with more than 6 players on 55k+. They have been Premiership sides for a while now ?

On top of that high wages dont automatically equate to quality players. Yes there is a balance to find, but there are hundreds of brilliant footballers out there who dont expect 50K a week. I think RL has been scolded by paying out big transfers and wages for players that simply were not worth it. Perhaps if the opportunity arrises to sign a player who would be worth, re sale value been taken into consideration too, he may well look to offer wages around that figure to a few players. But I can kind of understand the reluctance to do so with those money draining saps still on the books.

Edited by SuperJonno

The point is not that we can't afford to pay these players it's that whilst we are paying them we can't afford to add more players to the squad. No club would just keep loading players into the squad at risk of financial ruin. Obviously though if you've got players like Dunne and Warnock, who have contracts expiring in 6 months, you would hope that the Chairman would allow a bit more flexibility to sign additional players without offloading some first, especially if the club is in a relegation fight.

The point is not that we can't afford to pay these players it's that whilst we are paying them we can't afford to add more players to the squad. No club would just keep loading players into the squad at risk of financial ruin. Obviously though if you've got players like Dunne and Warnock, who have contracts expiring in 6 months, you would hope that the Chairman would allow a bit more flexibility to sign additional players without offloading some first, especially if the club is in a relegation fight.

I dont hope for nothing anymore off randy lerner and paul faulkner!..

I wouldnt put hope into dumb and dumber to organise a piss up in a brewery mate.

A proved pair of charlatens, Thats all...

Edited by sutherland

When Lambert came in he looked at Hutton, Warnock, Delf and Collins and decided they weren't good enough. Now I can appreciate he managed to sell Collins but leaving the others to either rot then/or go on loan felt utterly pointless, what are/were Forest, Blackpool and Bolton paying towards each player, 1k? of the 40/50K a week? I'm not saying I rate these players massively highly but if we can't sell them bring them back in and give them another stab, we sure as hell could use them now.

The idea Makoun didn't turn up so we were forced to loan him is equally barmy.

he seems to blow hot and cold on Ireland, Bannan and KEA also

I can't believe for one second that adding decent players now would or could lead to financial ruin. Our wage bill has come down massively in the last few years.

I think the Southampton game is the priority. Under MoN I felt it was best to rest players and give 4th spot our total commitment and I feel staying in the league is also the priority now under Lambert. Many argued that Mon resting players in the cup contributed to us finishing outside the top 4 so it will be interesting to see the reaction if Lambert chooses to do the same.